FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rosie Odonnell to might host the Price is Right....

rheanna
Oh god, can you just imagine the spur that will come out her mouth if she does. Please don't ruin the show with her!

http://www.yahoo.com/s/606044

Laughing Confused Shocked
TurkishGamer
I don't know if this is the right place to discuss this, but I think nobody could take the position of Bob.
McDucque
This has been something in the making for many years. The two are friends.

I could see her being okay with being personable with the people, but she doesnt really have the restraint/class... i.e. Her being just as spastic as the people who win the prizes...Bob is always cool and collected, but obviously happy for the person. she can be kinda loud.
m-productions
This should be allowed, there might be a television section (not sure) but i think this is also general, it gets more people, so i like the threads here better, so i hope it stays

if that happens... im going to kill someone, the price is right is a classic, and noone does it like bob, if they have that ***** ** * * * **** ** ** come and host it..... it will just kill it, i wana hurt someone every time i even see that lady.
McDucque
I used to be the same way with Rosie...

but since I dont have television anymore, ive kinda resorted to video blogs, and her's are a series ive actually watched in entireity. She seems like a much less doofy person in real life.
rheanna
Show be all about her and wise arse remarks about the poltics going on.. And let's not forget the Donald Trump arguement. Chick has no class what so ever and shouldn't be allowed to host it. She's to Blunt as you put it to host any kind of game show.
McDucque
rheanna wrote:
Show be all about her and wise arse remarks about the poltics going on.. And let's not forget the Donald Trump arguement. Chick has no class what so ever and shouldn't be allowed to host it. She's to Blunt as you put it to host any kind of game show.

Yeah, she does talk a lot about unnecessary s*** noone asked her about, but it wouldnt happen to the price is right because:

A)She'd most definately be under contract not to say stuff of the sort

B)Honestly, where is the time to say anything of social importance on that show... The closest The Price is Right gets to liberal media is Bob telling you to spay your pets...

She's wanted to do this for many years, Bob used to come onto her show, and they'd play the games... this is back when he didnt give interviews a la Johnny Carson (Why he's been all over pre-retirement is beyond me)

And Bob has said he's going to stick around until they find a host.. so last friday was not his last show.

Edited by Vrythramax...Please curb your language.
missdixy
I hope she doesn't -- she has seriously been pissing me off lately Mad
Traveller
When Rosie did her stand-up act and won Star Search, she was brilliant.

When she played the part of a NUN in Wide Awake (M. Night Shyamalan's movie before Sixth Sense), she was surprisingly good.

When she tries to be an activist for her personal and political agendas, she immediately loses any talent and intelligence she used to display. Sad

As to The Price is Right: her friendship with Bob Barker is immaterial. In view how much Barker accomplished, it is difficult to imagine that Rosie could survive that long on network television and bring the same degree of viewer interest to the show, since it is probable that she would eventually go off on some kind of rant and just embarrass the network.

Could she do a decent job with The Price is Right? Yes - undoubtedly, she has the talent. Could she maintain it for 35 years, as Bob Barker did? No - she has consistently (and recently) continued to demonstrate her inability to control her mouth.
rheanna
Laughing Be a Jerry Springer show but only a game show if Rosie does in fact take over. LOL, I'm going to have to watch the first season and see how long she lasts. LMAO
HDirtwater
Of all those mentioned, I am praying that it is John O'Hurley (J Peterman from Seinfeld) that gets the gig. I think he would continue the show with a certain amount of class and dignity that Rosie certainly doesn't have an ounce of.... Mad
Animal
-moved- from General Chat to Movies and TV Forum.
Dean_The_Great
I don't think Rosie would be a good candidate at all. It changes the flavour of the entire show. When the announcer guy died (I can't remember his name), they got a new guy who definitely wasn't the same, but had the same style. I think if they were to replace Bob (and I'm definitely not saying they need to) then Rosie would not be the best choice..

But I say, let the show die. It was awesome, it was great, it was Bob's the longest. Let the show leave with him.
HDirtwater
I think it's funny, if you read the article, it says that Barker thinks she would make a good host, and then quotes him as saying he didn't know they were auditioning women for the job. Either he's a little senile, or trying to tell us something... Laughing
Vrythramax
Dean_The_Great wrote:
I don't think Rosie would be a good candidate at all. It changes the flavour of the entire show. When the announcer guy died (I can't remember his name), they got a new guy who definitely wasn't the same, but had the same style. I think if they were to replace Bob (and I'm definitely not saying they need to) then Rosie would not be the best choice..

But I say, let the show die. It was awesome, it was great, it was Bob's the longest. Let the show leave with him.

Just my opinion....I think the same thing, Let it die...it had a good run. I also felt the same way about the Tonight Show after Johnny Carson retired too.
MikeNF75
Scary part is... With Drew Carey hosting the show, the new set revamps, updated music and all -- PLUS the possibility of the show traveling this or next season, it seems they may well keep the show fresh and going for another several years. I just wish he'd get rid of those god awful thick black glasses that he wore on the Drew Carey Show!