FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Graphics overheating?

Jaan
I play all games on max settings.

I've got an Nvidia GeForce FX 2500M (512mb), with 2 gigs of ram and duo core processor. Though it's on a laptop.

Sometimes while playing BF2 then I get lines on the screen and can't see a thing and have to quit. Haven't got it lately as I've been propping up my laptop to get more air underneath. However, I've never seen this happen on BF2142.

A few days ago I booted and all I got was a flashing screen and heaps of noise was coming out. I rebooted and all was well. Should I be worried?

Thanks,
Jaan
RiCtee
I believe you should be worried. That's not common. Probably some component is overheated, most likely not the graphics card. Try checking the temperature from time to time.
SgtGarcia
You could use a program like everest , it is able to read all the temperature senors in your laptop. If you see an abnormal reading from one of the sensors there might be a problem with that part. Probably you won't be able to fix the problem yourself. Something else you can try is a laptop cooler like this:

It creates extra airflow so the laptop cooling works more efficient.
Jaan
Thanks for the recommendation, I'm trying it out now. Cheers.
ssthanapati
well i had a similar problem but on a pc.... Neway i found out that the problem was with the graphics card overheating... And u shud b realli worried abt that cuz ur graphics card is gonna die soon if this continues(happened with me also, but i am lucky that it was under warranty)... Well I fitted a fan under the heatsink after i saw the new one also was givin d same problem. Since u cant fit an extra fan i would suggest u to run it on lower graphics settings and use a laptop cooler