FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Nintendo's Revolution





aznhomieboi1689
Nintendo's Revolution

It's time that the world sees the gaming industry seriously. Moms and Dads around the world always yell at their teenage kids, "STOP Playing games and grow up!". That is not the case. Gaming devices should not be seen as childish, or little kids' play. That is why Nintendo Wii helps everyone understand why games can be so fun and relaxing. Wii has motion sensing controller that can tell how far it is from the TV, and which position it's in. It's really amazing.

Grandmas and Grandpas around the world is complimenting this console, as much as playing it. It's really bringing out the youth in the adults.

So what do you think? Do you think Wii Era will end soon or is this just the beginning? Will gaming change as we know it?
Osmodius
aznhomieboi1689 wrote:
Gaming devices should not be seen as childish, or little kids' play. That is why Nintendo Wii helps everyone understand why games can be so fun and relaxing.


I smell a contradiction. If you don't want games to be seen as childish (pretty sure no one sees video games in general as childish, with real 18-24ish gamers making many thousands of dollars in prizes and endorsements--but anyway) you're supporting the wrong console.
vonboy
no, he's backing the right console. the x-box and ps3 are mostly apealing to male teens/young adults, while the wii is appealing to everybody. males, females, kids, teens, adults, and old people are all interested in it.
Osmodius
vonboy wrote:
no, he's backing the right console. the x-box and ps3 are mostly apealing to male teens/young adults, while the wii is appealing to everybody. males, females, kids, teens, adults, and old people are all interested in it.


99% of the elderly still don't care about any video game. The Wii appeals to women and young children above all.
reddishblue
Osmodius wrote:
99% of the elderly still don't care about any video game. The Wii appeals to women and young children above all.


I agree, and it will stay that way too. They will always peddle cheap gimmicks onto people and those people are the sort of people who buy compilations and movie games (and the latest installment of Crash Bandicoot), but claim everything else is too violent.
And believe me, one nursing home somewhere in America full of old people who like the Wii does not make it popular with the age group.
No way.

And have you heard of the Six Axis? I am not saying its good but it does everything just as well as the Wii does. I know its a complete rip-off of the Wiimote, but its not like Nintendo is the only ones who can develop a remote that can tell when its moving.

And I will stop gaming if a bunch of kids and mothers change the way gaming is, it should be the demographic that have always played that should decide whats next, not some group that jumped on the bandwagon.

***Note: I have nothing against Nintendo, in fact, yesterday I bought a Gamecube, I just don't like the Wii***
panic15
vonboy wrote:
the wii is appealing to everybody. males, females, kids, teens, adults, and old people are all interested in it.
Yet Ninentdo always "kiddyfy" their games.
For example, Mario was fun 15years ago but now its just boring.
You only have to look at the games on DS to see where the Wii is heading.
Trust me the online play will be a flop.
I am not denying that for he first 20mins on a Wii is a laugh, after that it gets very very boring.
soulman
always old games... always old topic new story... well, it really need something new
aznhomieboi1689
reddishblue wrote:

And have you heard of the Six Axis? I am not saying its good but it does everything just as well as the Wii does. I know its a complete rip-off of the Wiimote, but its not like Nintendo is the only ones who can develop a remote that can tell when its moving.


Umm...no. Sixaxis can not sense anything LIKE Wii Remote. PS3's Controller is actually a gimmick. It can't do anything Wiimote can, except tell when it's being twisted, which Nintendo have done years before. Wiimote can tell how far it is from the TV, where it is in the room, movements made by it, and more. Sixaxis only have six degrees of freedom,as they say. It can sense tilts......wow. And, as stated in IGN.com, the PS3 controller doesn't even have rumble feature, they can't even put it in there because it may disturb the "motion" sensing feature. PS3 controller, is just an add-on of PS2 controller. Just lighter and a somewhat "motion-sensing". And you know what? A LOT of companies already made the kind of controller they have already. Microsoft, six years ago, did a very familiar controller.

Nintendo made a controller that is different from others. And if you say PS3 controller can tell it's moving, NO that is FALSE. IT CAN TELL WHEN IT'S TILTING. Not moving. And you may forgot, Wiimote have rumble and a speaker also, which enhances the gameplay.

Many game publishers are coming out with more Mature games / adult games for a specific audience for Wii. Games like Manhunt 2, Resident Evil 4, Scarface, and more! And not to mention that Wii Sports, and Wii Play gives a lot of people, including my mom and dad, and grandparents a new experience and fun.

Anyway, one of the proofs that Nintendo is making a difference:
Click here

You may think I may be wrong, but in the truth, Nintendo shoots fro all ages, not just women and young teens. It's fun, good for your health (Wii Sports), and it's for everyone.[/url]
aznhomieboi1689
panic15 wrote:
Yet Ninentdo always "kiddyfy" their games.
For example, Mario was fun 15years ago but now its just boring.
You only have to look at the games on DS to see where the Wii is heading.
Trust me the online play will be a flop.
I am not denying that for he first 20mins on a Wii is a laugh, after that it gets very very boring.


"Kiddify"? You have to be kidding me. Games on DS appeals to EVERYONE, as I've been saying before. And why does it have to be a "Mature" rated games that can be considered to appeal to older audiences? Can't older teens and adults play fun games, not sex-filled or killing filled with gore games? Does it have to be like that?

My parents enjoy playing Wii Sports, my Grandparents would like to play, but they are across the world right now. Although DS does get a lot of younger teens to young adults audience, it's becoming more of that now. Since the release of DS Lite, Nintendo DS handheld became more popular with its "Touch Generations" games. It's easy for a lot of people to play. Even celebrities have Nintendo DS's.

And again, for every system to be great, it all depends on the software library. Nintendo DS has more great game than PSP will ever do. PSP is just a rip-off portable, with all the "EXTRA" features. Most people who can even afford that already has an iPod or Video iPod, so why need the music from PSP?

Wii not only ENHANCES that gameplay, but it will also have great games coming. Games like Final Fantasy CC, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Mercury Meltdown, Manhunt 2, Space Tycoon, and more!

More publishers are making even more games for the Wii. Ubisoft now is working on Wii harder and longer. More exclusvies of PlayStations or Xbox are coming to Wii. So there isn't a reason why Wii can't be good as the other systems.
panic15
I am not saying that. All i am saying is that what older audience wants to play Mario football when they can play FIFA or PES with far better gameplay and graphics.
Im sorry but waving a remote around looking like an idiot doesn't appeal to me.
kingtendo
Oh my god i'm sorry but people piss me off who say wii and nintendo's consoles are shit. The games are not at all "Kidiffy" and mario and such still has it's lasting appeal and will do for a long time. Also, not all the games are for young kids either, even if they are, alot of adults and all other people alike still like the games.

I myself think the online play will be quite successful and this is just the beginning of nintendo's capability
vonboy
and also the wii is getting some more mature games like manhunt 2, no more heros, resident evil, call of duty, ect. you could also call games like metroid prime and super smash bros mature even though they'll probably get a teen rating.
reddishblue
vonboy wrote:
and also the wii is getting some more mature games like manhunt 2, no more heros, resident evil, call of duty, ect. you could also call games like metroid prime and super smash bros mature even though they'll probably get a teen rating.

Most of those are third party or second party games, not in house productions. Face it, Nintendo is for kids, not anyone mature, although that doesn't mean mature audiences won't like it, I like *most* Nintendo games, and I am a 'mature' audience, but they are designed for kids, face it.
panic15
The post above just proved my point. Nintendo's primary audience is kids. However, they will make some adult games to try and attract more sales.
Wii idea for the remote is good and I can see sony and microsoft making a motion sensitive controller. On that note, I also feel that both sont and microsoft's version of controller will be 20 times better than Wii's.

If they bring out games like Gears of War, Final Fantasy, Brothers in Arms I may be interested in buying a Wii but I havn't heard of any titles coming out like this apart from the ones in the above post.
LostOverThere
Nintendo is not for kids. Nintendo is for everyone.

Games don't have to be violent to appeal to adults. Not everyone enjoys a shoot'em'up. Adults and kids alike will enjoy titles like Wii Sports, Mario Strikers, and Mario Kart.

Remember kids are part of everyone. Smile
Osmodius
panic15 wrote:
If they bring out games like Gears of War, Final Fantasy, Brothers in Arms I may be interested in buying a Wii but I havn't heard of any titles coming out like this apart from the ones in the above post.


One of the main reasons we say the Wii is for children is that it is a very weak system. They couldn't port Gears of War to Wii even if they wanted to.

The Wii sacrificed power for the motion sensitive controller. For what reason?

Because Nintendo realised that Mario and Zelda games don't need a whole lot of power. The very best games, the ones that define this generation of console gaming, are not going to be on the Nintendo Wii. Games like Assassin's Creed and MGS4.
aznhomieboi1689
LostOverThere wrote:
Nintendo is not for kids. Nintendo is for everyone.

Games don't have to be violent to appeal to adults. Not everyone enjoys a shoot'em'up. Adults and kids alike will enjoy titles like Wii Sports, Mario Strikers, and Mario Kart.

Remember kids are part of everyone. Smile


Agreed. Smile
aznhomieboi1689
Osmodius wrote:
panic15 wrote:
If they bring out games like Gears of War, Final Fantasy, Brothers in Arms I may be interested in buying a Wii but I havn't heard of any titles coming out like this apart from the ones in the above post.


One of the main reasons we say the Wii is for children is that it is a very weak system. They couldn't port Gears of War to Wii even if they wanted to.

The Wii sacrificed power for the motion sensitive controller. For what reason?

Because Nintendo realised that Mario and Zelda games don't need a whole lot of power. The very best games, the ones that define this generation of console gaming, are not going to be on the Nintendo Wii. Games like Assassin's Creed and MGS4.


Then again, Nintendo also realizes that games doesn't need to be all powerful, just need to be fun. The game you are talking about is for hardcore gamers mostly.
Whong
aznhomieboi1689 wrote:
Osmodius wrote:
panic15 wrote:
If they bring out games like Gears of War, Final Fantasy, Brothers in Arms I may be interested in buying a Wii but I havn't heard of any titles coming out like this apart from the ones in the above post.


One of the main reasons we say the Wii is for children is that it is a very weak system. They couldn't port Gears of War to Wii even if they wanted to.

The Wii sacrificed power for the motion sensitive controller. For what reason?

Because Nintendo realised that Mario and Zelda games don't need a whole lot of power. The very best games, the ones that define this generation of console gaming, are not going to be on the Nintendo Wii. Games like Assassin's Creed and MGS4.


Then again, Nintendo also realizes that games doesn't need to be all powerful, just need to be fun. The game you are talking about is for hardcore gamers mostly.


That's an important point that the gamers should understand. Games are ment to be fun, but nowadays the trend has become that the games should look almost photorealistic which in my opinion is not important.

I want the game to be fun to play! Wink
reddishblue
Whong wrote:
That's an important point that the gamers should understand. Games are ment to be fun, but nowadays the trend has become that the games should look almost photorealistic which in my opinion is not important.

I want the game to be fun to play! Wink

But do you want to play it again? These 'fun' games tend not to have multiplayer or are totally based on multiplayer.
They also are often very short games, in fact, with the exception of Twilight Princess, most Nintendo games are very short.
The 'photorealistic' games are the ones with online play so even once you finish it, you can play it online as long as you like, and they also have single player modes that are loads of fun too, not to mention co-op, which is quite likely one of the best trends in gaming today.
These games are 'fun' but after that they are sold.
panic15
reddishblue wrote:
Whong wrote:
That's an important point that the gamers should understand. Games are ment to be fun, but nowadays the trend has become that the games should look almost photorealistic which in my opinion is not important.

I want the game to be fun to play! Wink

But do you want to play it again? These 'fun' games tend not to have multiplayer or are totally based on multiplayer.
They also are often very short games, in fact, with the exception of Twilight Princess, most Nintendo games are very short.
The 'photorealistic' games are the ones with online play so even once you finish it, you can play it online as long as you like, and they also have single player modes that are loads of fun too, not to mention co-op, which is quite likely one of the best trends in gaming today.
These games are 'fun' but after that they are sold.


I am in total agreement. I am willing to pay an extra 10 for a game which last me a few months longer and far better gameplay than a game which i ahort and very repetitve and boring.
Kelcey
The Wii is no special case... well, maybe right now it is. It needs a good supply of games (I'm not saying it doesn't). Right now I have all 3 systems and have nothing to play on any of them. I think it'll continue to be successful if it can pull in big third party titles.
Yantaal
the Wii has started it for christ sake. now the "better" companies can hack the idea put it in to a console...a blueray player with AWESOME GRAPHICS. oh god the GRAPHICS ARE SO GOOD!

and then then wii will be left behind again, but the wii is so hot right now. it is so hot.

the PS3 expensive Blueray with graphics , so frecking what about god damn graphics, i want game p,lay, new and exciting, not the same games we have been playing just with higher graphics.

The Wii, at the moment i am playing dragon ball z budokai tenkaichi 2, and its so awesome, movement sensor used, etc etc im boredof this same arguemnt. The Wii isbetter


and just to reiterate my point:


www.nexgenwars.com

the ps3 has sold so few, compared to the wii which has nearly caught up with the 360. Nintendo is bloody briliant, and should be leading console company.
Related topics
Post here for what u think the Nintendo Revolution controler
Nintendo Revolution Thread
new Nintendo Revolution
the battle between revolution, ps3, and xbox 360
Sex and Nintendo... A rare combination, but coming true?
xbox 360, ps3 or revolution?
Xbox 360 vs PS3
xbox 360
XBOX 360 Release Dates
My view on the next gen.
xbox 360
Hardware Questions...
PlayStation 3
Xbox 360 VS PS3, WHO'S GONNA WIN?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Games

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.