FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Recommend Your Favourite Music

Helios
This thread basically replaces the "Your favorite song/album/artist" threads.

This thread is for those of you who want to recommend a good artist to the community. Do you like a certain artist? Post few words about this artist, like: Where is he/she from? What music style are he/she playing? etc.
Then, post your recommendation of an album and few songs, if possible, by this artist. Try to put some effort into the text, don't post one line recommendations!
----------------

I'd like to recommend the album Nordland I by Bathory.
Bathory was a viking metal band from Sweden, originally started as a black/thrash metal project by one man, Quorthon, in mid 80's, who died in 2004 from a heart failure.

Nordland I (there is also II), is a great viking metal album. The songs are about, well, vikings and Scandinavian folklore. This is also a great album for those of you who don't really like metal, but would like to try. The songs are not aggressive, at least that's my opinion, and the beautifully written lyrical theme is very interesting.
Bathory's music is a must for any metal fan out there.
froginabox
A few albums to recommend here...

For you fusion jazz fans, Jean Luc Ponty is THE way to go. Plays with a few crazy cats and has some amazing licks. Highly recommend the albums "Enigmatic Ocean" and "No Absolute Time."

Rock? Look at a band from Baltimore named "Karmella's Game." Pop-punk-rock with synthesizers, it is awesome.

Metal? Dimmu Borgir, all the way.
kazikame
My favourite band is currently The Arcade Fire. I also recommend Biffy Clyro, The Knife and Hot Chip.

Helios' note: can you please provide more info about them???
wabik90
I can recommend The Zutons, very nice rock band.
I can also recommend The Animals, the rock band from 60-70 years Very Happy
SimonWSTS
I would like to recommend a few bands to anyone who's interested.

Firstly, check out The Cat Empire, they're a ska/latin/hip-hop kind of sound that I honestly have not heard anything like anywhere else. They're from Australia if you want some extra background information and they're music is just awesome for listening to in the sun as it all sounds like it's been written on a sunny day by the beach.

Also, check out Capdown, a SkaCore band from the UK. They're a four piece drums, bass, guitar, sax and play some awesome music. They're heavier than some of the more mainstream ska bands such as Reel Big Fish and Less Than Jake but they're songs really are good. (also I mentioned less than jake and reel big fish, check them out if you havn't heard them!)
eggg
Hella! I'm a sucker for musicianship, time changes, and general weirdness, though...

Just make sure it's one of the records they recorded as a duo (guitar and drums). Hold Your Horse is, and the Devil Isn't Red. Those albums were fantastic. Some of the best drumming you'll ever hear. The newer ones, eh. They've been trying to add a bass player and a singer to create a fuller sound, but it just hasn't worked if you ask me. They've tried two singers and they've both been terrible. Plus, the increasingly complex arrangements have led to decreasingly complex composition, and that was where Hella really used to shine, if you ask me.

Still, Devil Isn't Red is my favorite album of all time.
froginabox
So I was going through all my old CDs from my closet last night and found an oldie but a goodie...

Behold... the Arctopus.

Helios, you might like these guys. INSANE tech-metal, think faster Psyopus with no vocals. From NYC, they have one album out and they're on their way to the second. Features members of another crazy metal band, Dsyrhythmia (whom I had the distinct pleasure of seeing in a basement concert a few years ago).
missdixy
Anything bright eyes is...amazing. He/the band has really matured throughout the years and you can really see the difference in their older albums and their newest ones. I recommend the albums "Fevers and Mirrors", "Lifted: the story is in the soil keep your ear to the ground" "Letting off the Happiness", "I'm Wide Awake it's Morning" and "Cassadega", their newest.
conspiranoia
I love the EBM music and all that similar styles like darkwave, futurepop, industrial and that stuff...

Give them a chance and you'll discover very good groups, i recommend starting from VNV nation
CrimsonStrange
Some artists I've recently discovered...

NLX: Natasha Alexandra - Reminiscent of Alanis Morissette with a slight sprinkling of Dolores O'Riordan from The Cranberries.

Idea Give her a listen (MP3 download link from her official website) Natasha's cover of the Depeche Mode song, Walking In My Shoes

Rykarda Parasol & The Tower Ravens - If you've ever liked the voice of Margo Timmins (from Cowboy Junkies) or Johnette Napolitano (from Concrete Blonde), then you might wanna give this lady a listen...

MP3 download link - "Hannah Leah"
JimmyHoffa1029
My favorite music is hardcore punk , alt - metal , alternative rock , post hardcore.

Good bands i'd recommend you:

Hardcore punk:
Rise Against
Afi
The Dicks
Fugazi
Wehrmacht
Hawthorne Heights

Alt - Metal:
Slipknot
Three Days Grace
System Of A Down
Queens Of The Stone Age
Stone Sour
Linkin Park
Korn
Mudvayne

Alternative Rock:
The Killers
White Stripes
Cake
Sum 41
Blink 182
All American Rejects

Post-Hardcore:
Thursday
Papa Roach (sometimes)
Fugazi (sometimes)
Senses Fail
Bullet For My Valentine (sometimes)
Jimmy Eat World (sometimes)
lastlegion
I think one of the best punk rock albums of all times would be American Idiot by Green Day. It is my favorite album and I'll recommend it to every music lover.

I also got How to Dismantle and atomic bomb by U2 recently, thats my latest recommendation to anyone
AVA182
All good bands to listen to while enjoying your summer.

Taking Back Sunday - Their latest release, 'Louder Now' won the award for Kerrang's 'Album of the Year 2006'.

Saosin - Their debut self titled album blends post-hardcore guitar riffs, steady basslines, driving drums, and emo lyrics to make this empressive album.

The Offspring - Always a good listen. 8 albums out so far, and they're going for 9 this year or early next year.

(+44) - Their debut album is packed with songs that are made to be listened to in the summer, such as 'Cliff Diving'.
Mikke
Hip Hop and Rock ftw:D

Rihanna ft Jay-Z Umbrella:D!

Drowning Pool- Let the bodies hit the floor!

DMX- Bring ya whole crew

Download those songs they are the best!Very Happy
Jakob [JaWGames]
I would recommend the band Sonata Actica. They are a finnish melodic metalband which just released their fifth studioalbum. The first one is "pure" powermetal but the later ones are more complex and harder to put into a more specifik category than "melodic metal". The last album "Unia" is very different from the earlier, the songs are darker and more complex which makes them a bit harder to remember but more enjoyable for repeated listens.

One recommended song from each album:
Fullmoon on Ecliptica
Wolf and Raven on Silence
Gravenimage on Winterhearts Guild
Don't Say a Word on Reckoning Night
My Dreams but a Drop of Fuel for a Nightmare on Unia
SimonWSTS
Couple more bands I want to add as reccomendations

Gold Finger
Mad Caddies
John Butler Trio
Catch 22
catscratches
I would like to recommend these amazing bands:

Silverstein
In Flames
Meadow (only made one album before splitting up, but it's a really good album
Amon Amarth
Children of Bodom
Helios
HAGGARD
Those musicians are simply great and very talented!
16 talents combined together into an orchestra of death metal and medieval classical music. I don't have the words to describe the great talent behind this music, so here are few clips:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdRS3y3y_2k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPHSjGUqCKY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDp5_MD6R5c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi4z_Jog7xA

The album I recommend is called "Awaking The Centuries".

Enjoy!
mattyj
some good australian bands to look out for...

The Porkers
Frenzal Rhomb
The Living End
You Am I
Pollyanna (also my daughters name lol)
The Pictures
Cheese Excursion
Powderfinger
PrettyMuchAmazing
I LOVE SKILLET!! Skillet is a Christian rock/rock band. I actually discovered them on Myspace. My favorite album is Comotose. (Ok, that's the only album I've heard, so what?) Some of my favorite songs are 'The Last Night' 'Those Nights' and 'Falling into black'. Check them out if you get the chance! They ROCK!! lol
wwfordark
i recommend a perfect circle, tool, him, afi,

and Turks : Hayko Cepkin Very Happy
eggg
More weirdness and musicianship:
Zs. http://www.zzzsss.com

On their first album, which was self-titled, they had two drummers, two guitar players, and two saxophone players. Each of the pairs played the same thing at all times. On their new album, "Arms," they've changed it to a drummer, guitar player, saxophonist, and synth player. But they're still as crazy as ever. If you like music that makes you laugh and/or frustrates your ability to bob your head to the beat, like I do, then you'll love it.
Jaan
Matisyahu
Del Tha Funkee Homosapien (Check out Dobalina on youtube)

Too many to name.

For electronica, Check out Micha Moor / Klaas / Arno Cost / Arias
quex
+1 for Cake. Cake is beautiful. Also, Tally Hall. Tally Hall is like Cake Jr... a little more crazy and a little less horn.

And, if I may humbly present to you my absolute favorite singer/songwriter/composer ever:

Yoko Kanno

The artist responsible for the entire soundtrack of Cowboy Bebop, among many other anime series and several independent tracks for movies, trailers, and even radio singles.

Some of her best tracks:

Tank! (or anything from Bebop)
Christmas in the Silent Forest
Gotta Knock a Little Harder

Please treat yourself to some Yoko Kanno!

And on an unrelated sidenote, best new band I've seen in a while: No More Kings
Vladalf
I recommend Jamiroquai band. They sing acid jazz, alternative rock sometimes, R&B, soul and many other music genres.
I've been listening to their music for years and I never get tired of it.
aprivateaccount
he is a jazz composer, plays the trumpet and has an amazing of rhythmic soul to his compositions.
i think his genre belongs to avant garde jazz, you have to listen to find out!

www.tomaszstanko.com

(:
The_Gamer294
Appetite for Destruction - Guns 'n' Roses

One of the greatest albums of all time by the greatest band of all time.
peterlo
I hope you all don't mind classical music. My favourite composer is

TCHAIKOVSKY

To me, he is the greatest composer ever. His music could touch my heart. A few pointers for those who are new to Tchaikovsky:
1. He is a Russian composer and lives in the 19th century.
2. His music is in Romantic Style.
3. To me, his later works are better than his earlier works. E.g., Tchaikovsky wrote 6 symphonies and only Symphonies 4-6 are frequently heard in concert halls today.
4. My favourite works of his are:
a) Tchaikovsky Symphonies No.5 and 6
b) Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto No.1
SimonWSTS
Another band to recommend I have come across

Check out Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band!

They're an 18 piece big band playing jazz to swing to funk to samba to bossa nova and it's all absolutely amazing.
filet
I LUV Regina Spector. She's has this quirky voice...and her piano background music..I'm sure people have heard about her.
About her:
She was born in Russia.

She's based at new york.
A pianist,song writer.
Her albums:
# 1999 - Demo Cassette (Unreleased)
# 2001 - 11:11 (Self-released)
# 2002 - Songs (Self-released)
# 2003/2004 - Soviet Kitsch (Self-released/Shoplifter/Sire)
# 2005 - Live at Bull Moose EP (Sire)
# 2006 - Mary Ann Meets the Gravediggers and Other Short Stories (Transgressive)
# 2006 - Begin to Hope (Sire)
# 2007 - Live in California 2006 EP (Sire)
What I like about her , that she incorporate her music with simple different mixes of quirky tunes, like in her these two songs that I like Fidelity and Better.
flutter-nutter
I reccommend M.I.A.,, she's amazing!
Her music is a mixture of hip-hop, reggae, dancehall, electro and funk!
If you listen closely to the lyrics, you'll hear how she talks about the news and whats really going
on in this world and how she tries to expose major issues in Sri Lanka ...because of that, many radio stations and music shows won't play her songs and a lot of her music is censored.
M.I.A. even says "From Day One, this has been a mad, crazy thing:I say the things I'm not supposed to say,I look wrong, my music doesn't sound comfortable for any radio stations or genres, people are having issues with my videos when they're not rude or explicit or crazy controversial. I find it all really funny."

M.I.A., is the daughter of a Tamil activist-turned militant, Arul Pragasam, was born in Hounslow, London. When she was six months old, her family moved back to their native Sri Lanka. Motivated by his wish to support the LTTE's violent secessionist campaign against the Sri Lankan government, her father became politically known as Arular and was a founding member of The Eelam Revolutionary Organisation of Students (EROS), a militant Tamil group. Her alias, "M.I.A." stands for "Missing in Acton".

Around the late 80s, on a council estate in Mitcham (South London), when she was eleven-years-old M.I.A. began to learn the English language. She was exposed to Western radio for the first time, hearing broadcasts emanating from her neighbors' flats. Her affinity for hip-hop and rap began from there. The attitudes of Public Enemy, Big Daddy Kane, Roxanne Shante and N.W.A. influenced her.
Rebel
I recommend Jamiroquai band. They sing acid jazz, alternative rock sometimes, R&B, soul and many other music genres.
kiran_n444
I can Reccommmend Some Rappers.

1. Lil'Weezy(the best rapper alive)
2. 8Ball & MJG
3. David Banner
4. 36 Mafia
5. Kanye West
6. Young Jeezy
7. R.Kelly
8. Young Berg

And thats abouit it. lol. thats all i listen to.
achowles
[edit] Removed Sybreed recommendation. Let's put it down to naivety on my part and leave it at that. If you have to give their stuff a listen, don't buy it first, they don't deserve the money.

Diablo Swing Orchestra, Unexpect, Ram-Zet, Solefald, Arcturus and Carnival in Coal are some great Avant-garde metal groups. Recommended to anyone seeking something a bit different.

Biomechanical - A great British metal group loosely conforming to the technical metal sub genre with orchestral backing.

Ulver - Blood Inside. I haven't heard anything from Ulver's folk metal era, and I found their earlier electronic experimental work pretty weak, but Blood Inside is a masterpiece. It's hard to describe but it's certainly very far removed from their metal origins.

Sunna: only released one album, but it's a brilliant example of industrial hard rock.

Mercenary: save for their first album, they have the best vocals of any melodic death metal group by far.
patasarriba
I absolutely love Amadou et Mariam, a pair of guitarists from Mali. (Nearly all of the Malian music released internationally is good.) Their music is nearly always upbeat but never simple. Their latest album was produced by Manu Chao of Mano Negra. Most of their music is in French, but you'll find yourself singing along anyway. Definitely a must for anyone who likes Ali Farke Toure, etc.
spinout
Today I will recommend the music of Janis Martin - the female Elvis...
Aimewitue
i recommend the last donell jones album : journey of a gemini
simply amazing r'n'b CD
clydejaw
Here are some of the bands that i've been listening to lately.. u shud check them out if you're into pop punk / alternative / emo (i know.. the word kills me too)

Boys like Girls
Quietdrive
PMToday
Circa Survive

and right now.. a bit of old school nu metal Very Happy! TAPROOT Very Happy!
jeremyslome
Today I began a new stage in music: I heard the works of Magic Sam Maghett. The man was a blues legend and an inspiration to Jimi Hendrix. If that does not sell him, what else could. Check him out and buy his albums.

Any other similar recommendations?
Damarus
I love Hip-Hop...my favorite rapper is 2Pac and Eminem.
But I also like Rihanna and some rock bands.
Vinayak619
I like only himesh reshammiya's songs coz he is a nasal singer and he is so emotional while composing a song. Himesh reshammiya rocks!!!!!!!!!
dangerdog
i like a lot of indie rock, my favorite would be Wolf Parade. it's not everyone's thing, but if you're a fan of warbling vocals and great lyrics, i would definitely suggest you check it out. 'Shine a Light' and 'Ground for Divorce' are two of my favorite tracks. if you like them, the members are fairly prolific and most have other side groups with very similar including Sunset Rubdown and Handsome Furs, which you should also check out.
eliniko
I would definitely recommend the following:

The Allman Brothers at Fillmore East by Allman Brothers Band

Murmur by R.E.M.

Kind of Blue by Davis, Miles

Nevermind by Nirvana

MTV Unplugged in New York (Nirvana) by Nirvana

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by Beatles,
romeolovejully
I love Enrique, "Do you know" is great. Laughing
innovaservice
I recommend this : http://www.myspace.com/waxtailor and this http://www.myspace.com/collinehill
Dean_The_Great
I would say that everyone here should totally check out pink floyd if you haven't already, because they are one of the most amazing groups I have ever listened to. They pioneered the classic rock album, making seperate vinette's using music (Dark Side of the Moon) or sometimes telling a complete story (The Wall). Their earlier work is very psychadelic, and if you're into that kind of thing (I am) then it's a really cool listening experience. It's definitely nothing standard.

My only advice? Listen to an album beginning to end without skipping tracks... the only way to fully appreciate it.
azuwis
Jay Chou (aka. Zhou Jielun or 周杰伦)
All his albums http://www.last.fm/music/%E5%91%A8%E6%9D%B0%E5%80%AB/+albums
rosco86
Right guys here's a couple of bands that I love.

Shiny Toy Guns - Electronic dancey type junk with emo hair and eye makeup. Brilliant live act and a superb album which they have released 3 times !

http://www.myspace.com/shinytoyguns

Delays - British band who have nowhere near as large a fanbase as their excellent 2 albums deserve. The boys voice is heavenly goodness.

http://www.myspace.com/delays

New Adventures - A new British band. Formed by the members of the little known 'Fans of Kate'. They are about to start a mini UK tour to show off their beautiful tunes.

http://www.myspace.com/newadventures

I would really appreciate if someone would listen to these and let me know what they think as they are my favourite bands right now.

Cheers !
catscratches
Alesana is a very good band from USA. They play screamo. Their homepage is http://www.alesanarock.com but it's not very updated. Their myspace is http://www.myspace.com/alesana and their purevolume is http://www.purevolume.com/alesana . I just ordered their CD. My personal favourite is The Last Three Letters.
thejam
For the more downtempo (deep) house tracks i would recommend:

- Julius Papp
- Louie Vega
- Simbad AKA marathon man
- Rednose distrikt ( and everything else on the kindred spirits label)
matti05
I listen very difficult kind of music: form Luciano Pavarotti to Benny Bennasi, but I recomended Jean Michel Jarre. He has beautiful music Very Happy
fortune
I like all Jazz but I like those Jazz more than others.

Benny Goodman
Sing, Sing, Sing
Cannonball Adderley
Autumn Leaves
Dancing In The Dark
Miles Davis
So What
Nina Simone
Ain't Got No - I Got Life
Feeling Good
My Baby Just Cares for Me
Norah Jones
Don't Know Why
Turn Me On
Oliver Nelson
Cascades
Stolen Moments
Yearnin'
Scott Jopin
Fig Leaf Rag
Gladiolus Rag
Magnetic Rag
Maple Leaf Rag
Pine Apple Rag
Scott Joplin's New Rag
The Entertainer
The Ragtime Dance
Sonny Rollins
Blue 7
Moritat
Strode Rode
You Don't Know What Love Is

If someone loves those jazz playerd too please send me e-mail leta's talk!
sambhav
INDIAN OCEAN>>>>>>>>>>>MUSIC AT ITS BEST
eggg
I think I have to add Eric Dolphy. He was a horn player, at times playing my favorite wind instrument, the bass clarinet. He played with a number of well known jazz musicians, like Charles Mingus, John Coltrane, Ornette Coleman, and Max Roach. If you haven't heard those guys, check them out too.

Dolphy's been described as the "Jimi Hendrix of jazz." He had a distinct sound and played effortlessly, but he died before his time (as a result of a diabetic coma) and we'll never know how much further he could have gone. Definitely my favorite horn player.
pudovkin
I recommend Liquidus Ambiento.
Basically is a chill-out genre band, where the groove is its focus and there's a good mix of instruments. People who play in this band came from several other bands, from ethnic to experimental genres; however, the music sounds very smooth and nice to hear, nothing weird.
I believe next year they will release their first album.

On their website, MySpace and Last.FM pages has some songs we can listen to.
asim
I would recommend, all the rock band, wether it be a western or asian band....

the list to whom i listen.

Atif Aslam
Jal
Junoon
There bands are from pakistan and they have a quality of music, combining western and sufi music to deliver an outstanding combination, well guy's i also listen band's from 70's, 80's and 90's those include.

Pink Flyod
Led Zepplin
Roxette

and some other band like

Linkin Park, Metallica, MLTR, Bryan Adams, Avril Lavigne,
jus listen to them you'll say, waht i keep on.... Rock Rockssssss Very Happy
asim
Vinayak619 wrote:
I like only himesh reshammiya's songs coz he is a nasal singer and he is so emotional while composing a song. Himesh reshammiya rocks!!!!!!!!!

He is the worst singer i have ever come across..... you cant call him a singer... it would be insult to good singer's.
Dean_The_Great
Everyone should listen to a guy named Sondre Lerche. He's great! He sings a variety of music ranging from classic lounge to pop rock. It's really great stuff and he's a masterful vocalist, employing some really interesting melody lines.
dhthaking
rap Arrow game
devotchka
I shall recommend The Montgolfier Brothers

An amazing duo. Roger Quigley and Mark Tranmer are incredibly gifted and accomplished musicians and songwriters; unfortunately, it turns out that not many people know about their music.

Do track down all of their records (The World Is Flat-All My Bad Thoughts-Seventeen Stars). Seriously. This should be your favorite new discovery.

Hope these lines give you the subtle and introspective mood of their music.

"All my nerves are shot right through from all the times I've raised a glass to you" (It's Over, It's Ended, It's Finished, It's Done)

"Skylines change, memories still remain. Some friends stay, some make their escape (...) I miss the sound of your key in the door, I miss you telling me How your day has gone?"
(Journey's End)

"All my bad thoughts are yours, distilled down to pure hate. Blame my lot on bad luck. Your face shines trough my reminder"
(All My Bad Thoughts)

I’ve been pulling my hair out over you. Another fine mess we're in.
(Even If My Mind Can't Tell You)

"I pull through the photographs, and look beyond the smiles, inch my way through your diary
and hope to find some lies, some thread; some way to explain your working late again"
(I Couldn't Sleep, Either)

"Chances are if I could change, I’d do it all the same but differently. I would have asked you early on, just what the chances were not sat around and wasted half a life time" (The Understudy)

"I've got my theories and I've got my points of view, the world is flat and I still have a chance with you... God is good, life is fair, Heaven is waiting so, I'll meet you there(...) I'll be the apple of your parents eyes. They will raise a glass to us and I won't drink the bottle dry..." (The World Is Flat)

I could go on and on but I will let you find out more on your own. It is worth it.

Perfectart
Trance is the most awesome genre cuz the nice tunes

Some artists

Ferry Corsten
Dj Mangoo
System F
Blank & Jones
devotchka
aprivateaccount wrote:
he is a jazz composer, plays the trumpet and has an amazing of rhythmic soul to his compositions.
i think his genre belongs to avant garde jazz, you have to listen to find out!

www.tomaszstanko.com

(:

Two thumbs up! Amazingly great.
Thank you for the recommendation!
Sickpigen
I like Rap & HipHop! Eminem The Best!!
and some trance like Tiesto or Infected
pollux1er
I recommend you a french song i adore

Shy'm - Reves d'enfants
Coffyfacemk2
Got to be Alkaline Trio for me.

Punk songs about girls and drinking, but a bit darker and more grown up than most punk.

Check out From here to Infirmary, and also, strangely, their two b-sides/rarities collections, because for some reason their best stuff always ends up on those...
InsanePL
Indie/Alternative Rock is very nice Smile
For Example Check...

Arctic Monkeys
The Wombats
The Hoosiers
The Killers
Franz Ferdinand

and others... Smile

You can listen to some of them online here [http://insane89.bahu.com/player.html]
agustin
I listen almost all knd of musik but I like Hip hop. like xzibit... snoop... dr.dre and some spanish bands like falsalarma, nachschrach, armablanca....etc. They are really good spanish bands,,,
asim
Atif Aslam

Jal

Junoon

Adnan Sami

Indian Ocean

Fuzon

Ali Azmat
pet-virus
Anything by Nirvana or The Vines. Really anything that means something. But I think that Nirvana's 'In Utero' is something that everyone should hear. It's a masterpiece.

pet-virus
kennethi
Evanescence
foxzo
I absolutely recommend

Oomph!
Bullet for my Valentine
Seether
zeitgeistsa
I recommend the band Demon Hunter for anyone who likes metal that included both melodic vocals and growls. Hard and soft! A vey powerful band!

Excellent band!

Albums:

Demon Hunter (2002)
Summer of Darkness (2004)
The Triptych (2005)
Storm The Gates of Hell (2007)

My favorite Demon Hunter albums:

Demon Hunter (2002)
Summer of Darkness (2004)
thangel93
I'm mostly listening to rock and metal

My favorite bands are:

1.Tokio Hotel
2. My Chemicale romance
3.Evanescence
4.Nightwish
5.Paramore
6.Within Temtation
7.Fall out boy
8.Panic! at the disco
9.KoRn
10.Metallica
Headhunter123
thangel93 wrote:
I'm mostly listening to rock and metal

My favorite bands are:

1.Tokio Hotel
2. My Chemicale romance
3.Evanescence
4.Nightwish
5.Paramore
6.Within Temtation
7.Fall out boy
8.Panic! at the disco
9.KoRn
10.Metallica

I agree with you Thangel93 Very Happy
shivajibanerjee
Well am new here , but a avid music listener and also a metal guitarist ,
some of the most unique bands of this era i guess would be
A Perfect Circle- wit their experimental sound and amazing vocals
Mattias IA Eklundh - This guy is simply amazing has a solo album called freak guitar and plays for a band called freak kitchen , can emulate almost any sound on the guitar using jus his guitar some over drive and a wah pedal
Audioslave - Loved each and every track of their 3 albums sad that thy broke up
devotchka
Definitely check out Devotchka.
A quartet based in Denver that combines elements of traditional gipsy music with an indie flavour. Stunning and original music.

http://www.devotchka.net/

http://www.myspace.com/devotchkamusic
Elefant
First of all, everyone at some point should get a dosage of The Darkness, if even just a little bit.

After that I would recommend listening to the song "Bubbly", Guys you should probablt lock your doors and get headphones.. but its worth hearing ^_^

After that you could go into some Journey, Skid Row, Dragonforce(only for 7 minutes..), then REO Speedwagon to finish you off Very Happy
svtns
I mostly listen to hardstyle & Trance.. Can't really name any albums but djs that are on top of my tongue are: dj zany, dj prophet, dj duro , dj luna , headhunterz , tiesto, paul van dyke, etc etc =)
dm0ney
I'd like to recommend Delerium.
This Canadian band was formed in 1987.
Their style is on a broad range including dark ethereal ambient, voiceless industrial soundscapes, and electronic pop music.

I prefer the more chill out tracks Smile

Try these:
1. After All
2. Silence
3. Innocente

Have Fun Smile
-Neil-
I recommend the following:

• 2Pac (Rap)
  • Nas (Rap)
  • Sigur Rós (Ambient Rock)
  • Zero 7 (Trip Hop)
  • Groove Armada (Electronica)
  • ATB (Trance)
clickworld
I recommend 50cent, AnonnimMc, Majkapapa, DarkSoul
delme19
I love everything from Blackmusic. The beats are the best.
mazito
i was cheking this post and i start to feel kind old, because i like oldies like

The Beatles ( i think no matter the media in they time) the best band ever

Pink Floyd

Animals

Rolling Stones

America

Bob Dylan

Queen

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young

among others

the new one´s or already not too old

i like the Red Hot Chilli Peppers

i like almost every kind of music from classical to blues, Mexican, Some rap and folk

i always have the opinion that music is wonderful expresion tool
Tom-Morello
Rage Against The Machine Very Happy
Soulsounds
chris lake - carry me away
Cicada - Beautiful (Michael Grey Remix)
david tort - change
Henrik B.feat. Terry B - Soul Heaven
kaskade - sorry
Kurt maverick - lets work
jesse garcia - off da hook
Lorena C - rock your body
Yvan & Dan Daniel - Enjoy The Silence
Maw - work (2007 remix)
Dj Joe K - born slippy
Pate no. - shining star
Sesa - like this, like that
Ida Corr Vs Fedde Le Grand - Let Me Think About It
Groove Armada Feat Stush & Red Rat - Get Down (Calvin Harris Remix)
Booty Luv - Some Kinda Rush (Dub Mix)
Dirty South & M.Y.N.C. Project - Everybody's Freakin'
Kinda New - We All Live & Die (Dirty South '07 Remix)
Armand Van Helden - I Want Your Soul
Yves Larock - Rise Up (Harry 'Choo Choo' Romero Remix)
Dj Jeroenski - Back Once Again (Vandalism Remix)
Alex Gaudino Feat Crystal Waters - Destination Calabria (Paul Emanuel Remix)
Jack Rokka Vs Betty Boo - Take Off
Fedde Le Grand and M.A.R.R.S - Pump Up the Detroit (Bootleg)
Armand Van Helden vs. DADA ft. Sandy & Trix - I Want Your Lollipop (bootleg)
iiO vs Freemasons feat. Amanda Wilson - Rapture On My Mind (bootleg)

there are some good dance based tracks Smile
Gushe
Bring It On (album) by Goose is Awesome! Very Happy

It's Belgian btw. (h)
pudovkin
The first two albums from Iron Maiden.

"Iron Maiden" and "Killers" are, in my modest opinion, a great representation what 80's heavy metal isn't: yes, that's right, I don't think those albums sounds similar to nothing in 80's (AC/DC, Black Sabbath or Judas Priest, for example) and the feeling is from something unique and so perfect.
legion
If anyone likes ambient or dark ambient music then you should listen SunDummy. Excellent sounds, very relaxing atmosphere, sometinmes dark, sometimes dreamy.
He released several albums, some of them are free. You can get them from Archive.org
My favourites are "Red Waves of Tidal Siam" and "Mighty Voids Collide".
ccube921
Go Linkin Park 3 Days Grace and 30 seconds to Mars
chartcentral
I'm recommending the Newsboys album "Go," as well as "Roadmaps and Revelations" by the Parachute Band. They are very nice Christian albums with great songs. Smile
YaRaMazZzZz
my favorite music star is tolga tabutolga tabu is a very succesfully people his all sing is very beatifull
aadler82
I like music from all genres. However, the kind I listen to most is probably music with no words (or little). Some artists I like are considered "new age," but I think this is because there is no other category that fits Neutral . I also like electronic music of all sorts that fit under this no singing category. I do enjoy classic rock, old school hip-hop, and some cherry-picked contemporary music here and there.

What I'm going to recommend is the Aphex Twin (the alias of Richard David James) album entitled ...I Care Because You Do. It's really nice to listen to whilst driving. Ventolin is probably the song I get most excited about. The first time I listened to it it was irritating, even though I appreciated its novelty (it incorporates a sound akin to tinnitus, a ringing in the ears, which can be a side effect of Ventolin. Ventolin is a drug prescribed for asthma). After the next few times it became very...satisfying. Altogether it really is an interesting record, calm at points and turbulent at others in a way that leaves me feeling happy. All of Aphex Twin is great in my view; I picked ...I Care Because You Do to recommend solely because of Ventolin, methinks. Very Happy
ramgottwallpapers
My Top Ten Albums

Metallica – Kill Em All (1983)
Rage Against The Machine - The Battle of Los Angeles (1999)
Pearl Jam - VS (1993)
Rammstein - Sehnsucht (1997)
Nirvana - Nevermind (1991)
Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (1973)
Nickelback - Silver Side Up (2001)
Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms (1985)
Guns N’ Roses - Appetite For Destruction (1987)
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication (1999)
dannyco1
My top ten albums:

Ludwig van Beethoven - F*** em all in F MAJOR

Rage against the Harpsichord - The battle of playing a chord on a harp

peanut butter and jam - jam VS peanut butter

Ramstein van "f***ing scary" - something I dont understand because its written in German

Nivana - were so cool how we look so trashy/anti jok and anti shmashy/Hate all the rocks and the purple water/I didnt wash my hair for weeks I really want a daughter/I jack off so much Im going blind/well I think Ive said too much...umm..nevermind

Black Sabath brunch alfresco (featuring the brady bunch) - Ozzy's tips on being hardcore

Nickelback - the other side is rusty

Daring straits - more than brothers...

God & Moses - Appetite for....anything really just, anything....and not only that were thirsty too...I mean hell 40 years?! whats wrong with you?

Red Hot Itchy Dildos - I really am jacking off too much...
miacps
The album I've been listening to the most lately is Demon Days from Gorillaz. Excellent chillin' music and an overall solid album.
8166UY
I now listen a lot to Dance music like Armin Van Buuren, Dave Spoon and Tiësto. Especially Trance has caught my interest.
projectnowhere
i would like to recommend DREAM THEATER to everybody who apreciates wellcomposed an technically highstanding music. it is a progressive metal band from new york who is producing breathtaking music since 1985. their music is defined by beautiful melodies, insanely fast guitarsoli, strong drums an a brilliant singer. excuse me if i am sounding a little bit pathetic, but i really truely love this band Razz
if you want to try them, i would recomend their second album, "images and words" which is also teir most famous one.
Horizon
Alright here's the deal. In my point of view, a decent song must have decent lyrics. That means, no overboard swearing, lyrics that make sense, lyrics that can be "seen" differently, and it must have lyrics, depending on the type of band. A Big Band kinda thing doesn't really need singing, so let's just leave it to normal bands. With Coming Undone by Korn, there is no swearing (which I'm surprised at, the majority of their songs has swearing), I can't see how the lyrics don't make sense, I can relate the lyrics to other things, whether it be personal or global, and obviously it has lyrics.

1. Swearing- If there's constant swearing, the value of the song lowers and most people tend to skip the song and listen to something else. I don't feel like listening to a song that goes: "**** **** *** that little ***** in my *** and ****." Just stop.

2. Making Sense- Well if you listen to: "Oh my pony is my dog, tralala wind yes, hi.", what are you going to think? Goodbye.

3. Seen Differently- By this I mean you can relate the song to yourself or others. You can see what they're trying to tell you, etc. You need to have an open mind.

4. Having Lyrics- Well I don't mind if some songs are just instrumental, but I find that lyrics grabs the persons attention.

Now the next thing is the right pitch for the right gender. I personally don't like female singers because most of them are too emotional. A female must not sound like a fat male that smokes. Would you even want to listen to somebody like that sing.. A male must not have a high-pitched voice and sound like when Spongebob laughs. And neither should growl, aka have the lowest pitched voice possible.

1. High Pitched- It gets embarrassing when you listen to a guy singing like that. With a female singer, it's fine, but it can get annoying at times.

2. Low Pitched- For females, it's just not right. Not that attractive.. with males, I mean an extremely low pitched voice (just like my school's chorus teacher thinks it should be). It's not.. I don't know, professional.

3. Growling- Wow. I don't want to listen to a song with: "Grr, gr gr gr, rawr, gr rawr. Meow, gr ruff, gr.". Whoever invented growling should die.

Now on to the music. It should have the necessities, which includes the appropriate guitars, depending on the genre, always have some drums and any accessories for it, and any other instrument that goes with the genre. I don't want to hear a piano with high notes in a Death Metal song. The music must be fluent and must interact with the lyrics and pitch accordingly. In Coming Undone by Korn and Stupify by Disturbed, this is where it becomes perfection.

1. Correct Instruments- It all depends on what people like to hear. I'd skip a song if the instruments don't fit into my opinion.

2. Interaction with the Lyrics- By this I mean that the timing is perfect and the singing or music isn't off by a few seconds. Plus it should reflect what the lyrics are meant to be defined as. For example, if it's about love and ponies (ugh), it should be a happy-sounding of music and not like For Whom the Bells Toll by Metallica.

The last part is proper beginning, middle, and end. I will skip a song right away if the beginning sounds like it starts off in the middle of the song. The middle of the song isn't such a big deal, but if any of the above opinions don't fit, I skip it. And the ending should not end in the middle of the song.

1. Beginning- I can't tell you how many times I've seen songs start out horribly. There's nothing else to it, the song must start perfectly and not sound like a peice of crap.

2. Middle- Well there should be at least 1 solo, but I don't find it necessary. If there's more then 3 solos, then the song's being ruined and overdone. Unprofessional.

3. End- The length of the song. An average song is 3-4 minutes long. I've seen songs that end in less then a minute (Twist by Korn, don't listen to it, it's a peice of crap). The ending must be fluent as well and can't cut off words or something along those lines.
----------
I'm sorry for posting so much, this is where I rant alot ^^. I'm not pointing any criticism at anybody (mostly because I don't know anybody here..), so please don't take any of this offensive.

But to get way back on topic, my top 3 favorite bands would be:

1. Disturbed - They have a very wide variety of music and are still making music today (it's not an old band). Their newest album was phenomenal, which is called Indestructable. I was disappointed by the song called Indestructable, but only because the beginning was over 20 seconds of basically nothing. But plenty of their songs are great.

2. Korn - Well I don't typically recommend bands such as this, but Korn does have a few great songs. Search "Korn" at http://www.playlist.com if you want to hear examples. Once again, it's not the best band.

3. I don't have a third favorite band.. I don't listen to music enough xD. I mostly focus on rock.. Yea......
dannyco1
dont you think somewhere deep inside that words kindof get in the way of music. you know the need to rhyme and construct the verses so as to create a good block of words. I think that very very few people mean what they say and transform the words into musical notes.

All those bands like Korn and Red Hot Chili peppers and Metalica and Bob Dylan!!---Jesus Christ Im sick of hearing that name---Its all the same--- Britney Spears sucks? No she doesnt she's just another businessman and so are all these other bands. They are all just a bunch of really good business men makin loads of money...greasin up the old money makin machine called the music business.

in my opinion:

music=The art of the spirit=freedom=being free=not being restrained by any physical laws--especially not financial laws=not letting money take any part in the creation of music

Then again everybody did it. from Mozart to 50 cent. Only Mozart died like a dog and 50 cent, ironically, will probably be buried in a diamond coffin.

All that was sure better than masturbating. Hmm which reminds me...
wonderline
I recommend...
Frou Frou. <3
dannyco1
Sorry for the hate mail guys. Ive been feeling very upset lately and Im just letting off
SOME STEAM...ta na na...taa na na....SOME STEAM...ta na na...taa na na
Donutey
If you're looking for something you haven't heard before try The Pillows, they've been around forever, and have a small but loyal international following.
Sienile
If you like rock, check out Lynam. There album "Life in Reverse" is great.

And a little interesting fact about the band... all the members are brothers. Lynam is their last name. And when's the last time you heard of a band that's name was just the last name of one of the members? Hmm... Van Halen? Yeah, that's right.... I'm compairing them to one of the old legends. They deserve it.
InsanePL
Indie/Alternative Rock:

For example:

Arctic Monkeys
The Verve
The Kooks
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Bloc Party
Kaiser Chiefs
The Wombats
The Killers
The Hoosiers

And a lot morr, just go to deezer.com or last.fm and listen to indie rock.
xtranophilist
I listen to The Beatles, The Who, Queen, Europe, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Motörhead, The Doors, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Blink 182, GreenDay, Nirvana, RHCP, Burzum, Mayhem, Lamb of God, Six Feet Under, Dark Tranquilty, Cradle of Filth, Children of Bodom, Immortal, Emperor, Sodom, Cannibal Corpse, Pantera, Sepultura, Daughtry, ColdPlay, etc.

I listen to everything from rock N' roll, rock, punk, funk, hard rock, thrash metal, power metal, black metal and death metal.
supernova1987a
Hello, is it me your looking for? -Lionel Richie

Coldplay
Celine Dion

Bob Dylan
Bryan Adams
Bon Jovi

Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
zimben
Cardigans,Deep Forest,Satriani,Malmsteen..yes may be different sounds but,they are so good brothers Smile
pmehta51
My favorite music is Indian classics Music. They have different Ragas. Instruments for music used in India is way different than western music. There is seven Sur. Sa, Re Ga, Ma, Pa, Dha, Ni, Sa. You start learning any instrument with all these basic Sur. and than you progress and learn different ragas. Some ragas are so powerful that it is said that, with proper use of it you can lit a candle and you can make rain. Even many Indian gods have music instruments in their hands. Music is unattached part of India. People love to sing in India. Actually in southern part of India there is tradition that girls get batter guy and batter family if they can sing well. I mean it is believed that music is essential part of life. These classical music changes your mood. No matter in how bad mood you are in, it makes you feel batter. We believe that music have cure for depression, tension and any kind of other mental decease.
xtranophilist
pmehta51 wrote:
My favorite music is Indian classics Music. They have different Ragas. Instruments for music used in India is way different than western music. There is seven Sur. Sa, Re Ga, Ma, Pa, Dha, Ni, Sa. You start learning any instrument with all these basic Sur. and than you progress and learn different ragas. Some ragas are so powerful that it is said that, with proper use of it you can lit a candle and you can make rain. Even many Indian gods have music instruments in their hands. Music is unattached part of India. People love to sing in India. Actually in southern part of India there is tradition that girls get batter guy and batter family if they can sing well. I mean it is believed that music is essential part of life. These classical music changes your mood. No matter in how bad mood you are in, it makes you feel batter. We believe that music have cure for depression, tension and any kind of other mental decease.

Yeah I like Indain Classic music too.
But hate most bollywood songs.
And I like Sufi music very much.
cguido21
Order of favorite:
Moby (Ambient/House)
Architecture in Helsinki (indie/electro)
Crystal Castles (Electronic)
Radiohead (Electro/acoustic...not their rock)
The Subs (Trance)
DJ Jean (Techno)
EMINEM, Dr. Dre and Tupac (Rap)
Kanye West (Hiphop)
welshsteve
OK, my favourites at the moment are:

Stone Roses
Queen
Suede
Bon Jovi
Oasis
Guns n Roses
The Jam
The Smiths
Feeder

Although I could go on and on here, as I have quite a varied array in my music collection.

In general though, guitar based rock music is what I like best. Nothing better than rock music in my opinion. Very Happy
ctrl_alt_delete
The usual suspect for me....

1.) Appetite for Destruction-Guns and Roses(Raw, ugly, in your face rock and roll presented with truthfullness and hatred, one album you would want to here)
2.) The Joshua Tree-U2(One word-"Genious")
3.) Nevermind-Nirvana(Whats a better way to express anger than rubbing it in their faces? One of the greatest)
Mrs_Robota
Systems In Blue is the band that bring the 80s disco music in modern style, great singers and good music!!, the new album "Out Of The Blue" and the production "Heartbreak Boulevard" with the singer Mark Ashley were released this year.
Insanity
I would recommend people listen to Eric Clapton. His work on the guitar and blues is amazing and voluminous.
Polynomial
This recommendation is for anyone whom has a taste for electronic music, more specifically Drum & Bass/ breakbeats .... but there's a remix DJ whom has been on Sirius radio channel 39 here and there with his mash-ups, and most of which are pretty darn good. He's based out of Dayton Ohio..?! Wink Anywho, you can listen to any of his mash-ups and even download a number of them from his website:
www.aggro1.com
Definitely worth checking out if it's your taste!
InsanePL
I also wanted to recommend you Death Cab For Cutie and Coldplay.. Ohh Flobots are Awesome too Smile
blutrausch
I recommend warlock Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4H-CBwXNi4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpG6UiRgO_4&feature=related
deadswan
Laughing Finally something I like to talk about lol
One of my favourite music genres right now is Hardcore.

My favourite is a Hardcore/Punk band called "Get ****** Dead".
My next Favourite is a Hardcore/Metal band called "Your Demise"

And then other bands I like of a similar genre are "Gallows", "Audacity", "Lions Den", "Blackhole", "Dead Swans", "The New Dawn" and so on =]

If you are interested in this genre then check them out. Mr. Green
Sienile
If anyone is into kinda weird punk metal I'd recommend Mindless Self Indulgence. Their new album "If" is awesome. I guess they finally got enough money to spend a ton on post preduction work. And also the last album before that "You'll Rebel to Anything (As Long As It's Not Challenging)" is terrific too. Their older stuff is good, but most people won't like it.

Beware, you will most likely have moral objections to the lyrics. For example, "Issues" from "If" has a chorus like this: It's 3AM. She won't put out. Let's go make out with her friends. Make out with her friends' friends.
littleladyluck
I would recommend Duffy. Her song Mercy is awesome.Her voice is so jazzy and different. Love that artist. Her Rockferry album is one of a kind.

Among her singles, the ones I like most is: Distant Dreamer, Warwick Avenue and Mercy.

I discovered this artist through one of her clips (Mercy). At the beginning, I thought that it was an old song, though I like it a lot.
simonwest80
Not gonna repost songs/bands have already picked up on but a friend showed me a band called Flyleaf, doesnt seem that well known, so if u into the whole Korn thing etc check this girl out i would recommend "Im so sick" havent really found much more but will be doing some more research at some point.
trnt
I like Tarakany! It is good punk band!!! see http://tarakany.ru
brite
i like leo sayer's 1 song.it is his famous "more than i can say",which is very popular in china,and it is re-edited with new song words of chinese.Long after i listened to this chinese-version " more than i can say",i listened to the original song sung by LEO SAYER.
THE SONG'S LYRICS:
《More Than I Can Say》

woh -- woh -- yeah -- yeah
I love you more than I can say
I'll love you twice as much tomorrow
love you more than I can say

I'll miss you every single day
why must my life be filled with sorrow
Don't you know I need you so
oh tell me please I gotta know
do you mean to make me cry
am I just another guy

I'll miss you more than I can say
why must my life be filled with sorrow

Don't you know I need you so
oh tell me please I gotta know
do you mean to make me cry
am I just another guy

I'll love you twice as much tomorrow
love you more than I can say
woh more than I can say
Horizon
I've listened to more music and now I have some more that I'd recommend:

1. Metallica - Their "Death Magnetic" album was absolutely amazing. Listen to them!!
2. Disturbed - Great band, best album would have to be their newest, Indestrctible.
3. Judas Priest - I haven't heard much from him, but it's very good.
4. Black Sabbath - the "Dehumanizer" album was great, but a little 'evil' at times.
5. Ozzy Osbourne - Some songs aren't that great but he's still a good singer ^^. "Black Rain" album was good.
6. Godsmack - Not too great, some songs are kinda repeated. But there are some good songs..
7. Korn - Got very annoying after a while. I wouldn't recommend this unless there are people who like very disturbing music..

And that's it.
mattyj
Horizon wrote:
I've listened to more music and now I have some more that I'd recommend:

1. Metallica - Their "Death Magnetic" album was absolutely amazing. Listen to them!!
2. Disturbed - Great band, best album would have to be their newest, Indestrctible.
3. Judas Priest - I haven't heard much from him, but it's very good.
4. Black Sabbath - the "Dehumanizer" album was great, but a little 'evil' at times.
5. Ozzy Osbourne - Some songs aren't that great but he's still a good singer ^^. "Black Rain" album was good.
6. Godsmack - Not too great, some songs are kinda repeated. But there are some good songs..
7. Korn - Got very annoying after a while. I wouldn't recommend this unless there are people who like very disturbing music..

And that's it.

Ummm, youve named 3 of the biggest bands of all time in Metallica, Sabbath (+ you named ozzy solo) and KoRn

The idea of this thread was to recommend music most people wouldnt know

Disturbed & Judas Priest are also very well known - as is Godsmack to fans of the genre

and for the record, Judas Priest is a band not a "him"...the singer is Rob Halford
miacps
Anyone here like Beatsteaks? They're pretty damn good.
Arthur3009
someone gonna get crazy with my post, but you gys have to listen Circus of Britney, it's the best music ever, britney is incradible, her voice are amaizing, and have a break dance, it's a great music, and de music clipe in 4 days, oh, it's great!
Dean_The_Great
Listen to Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd if you haven't already. Contrary to what some might say, you do NOT need to be high to listen to it, you just need to PAY ATTENTION and you'll hear some very clever and mind blowing musical changes and a cohesive album that just hasn't been matched since its release.
Jaan
to find good music
1. read reviews, metacritic.com, discogs, etc... check out the albums, you'll be sure to find a few gems... buy it if you like it.
i like bill evans' new jazz conceptions and st germain - tourist...
daefommicc
I love Slayer, thrash-death metal band based in USA... it has been active since 1981 (1st demo released in 1983: show no mercy) better albums by the band:

haunting the chappel
show no mercy
reign in blood
god hates us all
christ illusion
diabolus in musica
south of heaven

they have released a rare track album in dec 08 (i have it) wid d unreleased song "psychopathy red" (it wud be released in 2009... so it doesnt remain "rare" too long)

tom araya is amazing on bass and vocals... kerry king is d guitar god. so is . then dave lombardo on drums... amazing band man!!!

even pantera (dimebag darrell on guitar n phil anselmo on vokills), lamb of god (mark morton and randy blythe!!!) in heavier stuff borgir (shagrath on vocals)... i love em all.
daefommicc
even black sabbath is amazing... the original band was from birmingham 1969. their albums:

masters of reality
paranoid
black sabbath (self titled)

then the band's original line up broke when ozzy osbourne left for a solo career. however their electric funeral, iron man, faries wear boots, children of d grave, sabbath bloody sabbath, nib, crazy train, sweet leaf, a hard road, warpigs are all worth listening.

also try led zeppelin for classical stuff. their kashmir, communication breakdown, the song remains the same and stairway to heaven are just amazing. keep headbanging, keep supporting metal. \m/

(note: i havent mentioned extreme metal bands like cannibal corpse and mayhem)
bananamuffin3
Megadeth
Dr. Acula
Iced Earth
koRn
SimonB
My favorite bands are :

\m/

Slipknot
Iron Maiden
Metallica
Black Sabbath
Acid Drinkers
Ozzy Osbourne
Megadeth
Rob Zombie
AC/DC
Guns n' Roses
NickelBack
SLAYER

Guitarist:

Jimi Hendrix
Steve Vai Wink
agustin
I listen Rap Musik but I kinde like many types of music as jazz, heavy metal country I got respect for music in general.
Noremac
I could recommend a million big bands, but most of you will already know whether you like them or not. I recommend a group(two DJS/instrumentalists) called 'The Scientists Of Modern Music'

I saw them live whilst drunk at pyramid rock over new years and they were awesome. They are awesome if you are into an alternative/electro/rock type sound
daefommicc
metalllll for me!!! all sorts. not glam n nu age... some rock too.
Horizon
I've been getting more and more interested in Pantera lately. ^^. My favorite songs from them would be:

1. Revolution is my Name
2. Medicine Man
3. Cowboys from Hell
4. Psycho Holiday
5. Walk

Though I've noticed most of their songs are much heavier than these.. but unless you like those types of songs, I wouldn't recommend many Pantera songs Confused
bchuminx
would like to listen 5 Browns (family quintet): particularly watch Firebird by Stravinsky with 5 pianos on a beach- a cool scene
another song that I'd like is Old Castle, By the River, In the Middle of the Forest by Hiromi Uehara(jazz pianist)..the song features 3 different kind of mood..where the last will return back to the main theme..my favourite would be the 2nd mood
for violin, nothing beats Joshua Bell playing the Vocalise and Nigel Kennedy playing Bach

my favourite song for guitar would be Andy Mckee because he has a nice style of playing
another nice orchestral type of song: Angela Aki-Kiss Me Goodbye from FF9 Very Happy
Horizon
A friend of mine asked me what my favorite bands are (basically what Simon8 said ^^), and recommended "System of a Down". I took a try not too long ago and they do appear to be a good band. The majority of their songs are somewhat heavy screaming, but nothing like "ultimate growling" and such. Few songs I'd recommend:

Holy Mountain
Forest
Question
War?
Mr. Jack

I still haven't heard many, but it's still quite interesting.
pollux1er
I recommend you ASA and AYO
- Awe (ASA)
- And it's supposed to be love(Ayo)

That two songs are very beautiful.
Pepperfan
My favorite song is Rod Stewart's version of "It had to be you."http://www.seeqpod.com/search/?plid=298a90d4a4 It is not my normal type of music but it was the song for my first dance as a married man. So it gets the sentimental card in spades.

What is your favorite song and why?

Charles

BTW Watch out if you accidentally post a music topic in general chat because you didn't see the music catagory! You will get a very curt response and have your topic locked. Not cool.

Civility is in short supply these days. Sad
myviny
I would recommend Alizee, the famous French Singer. Just watch her Jen Ai Marre performance in black dress, and you would instantly fall in love with her. I like all her songs
Denvis
If you enjoy punk rock genre i'd recommend Underclass Hero(Album) Sum 41. I think they're the best! Very Happy
wanshi
HIŁ¬guysŁ¬what kind of songs you like most? or recommend some you think good in your coutry. I like music, I like songs. I wanna know some about foreign popular songsˇ­ˇ­
Thanks first^^
Solon_Poledourus
"Gravity" is a good song by a band called A Perfect Circle. In fact, check out anything by them, it's all good.
stel4e
I recommend Sia ... She plays pop... but more like downtempo trip-hopish pop... And her voice is realy awesome.... Her live acts are exactlu like her records... She sings really really well!!!!
stel4e
I recommend a song from my country - Deep Zone feat. Balthazar - DJ Take me Away This was our song for last years Eurovision contest... Unfortunately the song couldn't make for the finals Sad(
mattyj
Some good songs from my country (Australia)

Anything by Spiderbait (best songs: Black Betty, Buy Me A Pony, Monty, Old Man Sam)
Anything by The Living End (best songs: Prisoner of Society, I Cant Give You What I Havent Got, White Noise, Uncle Harry, Roll On)
Anything by Frenzal Rhomb (best songs: Do You Want To Fight Me, Theres Your Dad, Constable Care, You Cant Move Into My House)
Anything by Grinspoon (best songs: DCX3, Post Enebriated Anxiety, Chemical Heart, Just Ace)

Lots more but they are my favourite aussie bands
windowlicker
I would like to recomend you song: "Krack" Soulwax !!!!
It's something different, very electronic but still a band.
medesignz
Everlong by Foo Fighters! COME ON!
Ccsteph22
Contagious By Trapt
Search it on youtube,
if you play Cs or Css Zombie Infection...
Play that song, goes good with the mod since the mod is a zombie survival thing the the
song is talking about infections of dead going around! Cool Very Happy
kasper93
I would recommend:
MetallicA (obviously)
AC/DC (obviously)
and children of bodom Finnish band
paskifire
Here in the philippines:

"The boston drama" by Typecast
"Will you ever learn" by Typecast
"Scourging at the Pillar" by Valley of Chrome
"The Art of letting go" by Valley of Chrome
etc
Jaan
Check out the whitest boy alive. both CDs are great. minimalist pop... very nice sound, aesthetically pleasing, you can sometimes picture the songs or i'm retarded.
invisable125
I would recommend simple plan music. For me, simple plan is just the best music ever! I'm more of a rock person/alternative. I like most songs because i'm just one for music!
Radar
Not going to say favourite band, since I don't really have one. Just whatever I'm into at that moment.

But recently found a great band by the name of TenPenny Joke. Nice guitar work, good vocals, and I simply wish they would release some more material.
EximiusNero
I'm gonna recommend what I'm listening to right now because this guy is just the best at what he does. Everyone and anyone into electronic music must get a taste of Klaus Schulze's first album entitled "Irrlicht" because it is just so amazing and eerie.
natilovesmike
Well, I am not much of a music listener...I am not the kind of person who is always eagerly waiting to see what new album is coming out...as a matter of fact I have no idea what is the popular music now a days. I usually like music that has some sort of memory attached to it. But once in a while I will venture into new things....right now I like a lot buying the Putomayo CDs that have music from around the world....I enjoy those a lot. My husband and I also suddenly became interested in bossa nova, its a nice quiet music but still has a nice rhythm to it.
kriszara
My all time favorite will always be Queen.
Great singer, great lyrics, amazing guitar and drums.
You can find a Queen song for any mood/occasion they are much more than Bohemian Rhapsody and We are the Champions.
phantombr
A very beautiful song. With a lyric very strong, and extremely expressive. The incorporation of classical instruments makes it very special.
Arthur3009
i recomend, "Unritten", "Two Little Birds", "It Feels Nice", "Toy Soldier", they are by Natasha B., Lollita N., and the two last are from Britney Very Happy
Christ0phe
Goran Bregovic - Kalasnikov
Twee belgen - Operation Coup De Poing
TC Matic - Oh La La La
Arno - Je veux Nager
Les Négresses Vertes - Zobi la Mouche
liljp617
The Legacy - Iron Maiden
steve1200
I would recommend the album "only by the night" by Kings of Leon, especially the song "Manhatten". Listen to it, and tell me what you think!
rajpk
nice thread

you can listen nusrat fateh ali khan..........proud of pakistan

please just listen ..

he is not alive now.
but his work is great.

he sing unique,

actually his songs are in urdu.
poetry of his song is great but if u dont know urdu....its doesnot matter his expressions and music of song is so nice,,,,if you have a time just listen,,,thanx
m4jk3l
Slow and sad: Sr-71 - My world ; Rod Stewart - Fooled Around and Fell In Love ; Kanon Wakeshima - Still Doll ; I Am Ghost - Lady Madeline In Her Coffin ; Nevada Tan - Niemand Hört Dich.
Fast: Girugamesh - Owari to Mira ; Gackt - Lust for blood ; Lost Prophets - everybody screaming.
Enjoy!
shiningwizard
A bunch of Radiohead songs:

Airbag
Pyramid Song
Videotape
Fake Plastic Trees
Motion Picture Soundtrack
No Surprises
Let Down
Life In A Glass House
Street Spirit (Fade Out)
rogue_skydragon
"Hard to Explain" by the Strokes
"You Only Live Once" by the Strokes
"Everyone Gets A Star" by Albert Hammond, Jr.
Christ0phe
My favorite dance songs:

- 1970's
ABBA - Dancing Queen
Clash - London Calling
Clash - The Magnificent Seven
James Brown - I Feel Good
PIL - This is not a love song
Pretenders - Middle Of The Road
Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated
Slade - Get Down and Get With It
Stranglers - All Day And All Of The Night

- 1980's

Bananarama (Cruel Summer)
Cure - Why Can't I Be You
Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen
Earth Wind and Fire - Boogie Wonderland
Foo Fighters - Kung Fu Fighting
INXS - Original Sin
Joan Jett and The Blackhearts - I Love Rock 'n Roll
Madness - Night Boat To Cairo
Madonna - La Isla Bonita
Miami Sound Machine - Dr. Beat
Michael Jackson - Dont stop till ya get enough
Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
Terence Trent D'Arby Duet with Des'ree - Wishing Well
Tina Turner - I Can't Stand the Rain
U2 - Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Wham - Everything She Wants

- 1990's

Dr Alban-It's My Life
Lou Bega - Mambo No.5
Paula Abdul - Straight Up
Technotronic - Pump up the Jam
Tom Jones - Sex Bomb
Zucchero - Baila (sexy thing

- 2000's
Bellini - Samba de Janeiro
Black Eyed Peas - Lets Get Retarded
Britney Spears - Baby One More Tim
Estelle - American Boy ft Kanye West
Gwen Stefani - Rich Girl
Katy Perry - I Kissed A Girl
Pigbag - Papa's got a brand new pigbag
Usher - Yeah
todabeat
here in mexico o man

Vicente Fernandez - Por Tu Maldito Amor
Tigres Del Norte - Puerta Negra
-----
Mana - Hechizera
- Selva Negra

just a grain.
steve1200
nice list! ^^

everlong - foo fighters
kings of Leon - manhattan
welshsteve
I have a wide range of taste in music. Here are 20 of my fave songs.

Zombie Eaters - Faith No More
Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns 'n' Roses
Insomnia - Faithless
We Are The Pigs - Suede
Live Forever - Oasis
Stairway To Heaven - Led Zeppelin
Ain't Talkin' Bout Love - Van Halen
Run To The Hills - Iron Maiden
All Along The Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
Master Of Puppets - Metallica
My Darkest Hour - Megadeth
One Vision - Queen
Creep - Radiohead
I Am The Resurrection - The Stone Roses
Break On Through - The Doors
Going Underground - The Jam
Bigmouth Strikes Again - The Smiths
Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who
Slither - Velvet Revolver
welshsteve
Albums I would recommend are:

Appetite For Destruction - Guns 'n' Roses
The Real Thing - Faith No More
Definitely Maybe - Oasis
Stone Roses - Stone Roses
The Very Best of The Smiths
Edward The Great - Iron Maiden
Master Of Puppets - Metallica
Live At Wembley - Queen
Devilizer
I'm usually a metal head

1. In Flames (Melodic Death Metal)
2. Equilibrium (Metal, undescribeable)
3. Insomnium (Gloom / Melodic Death Metal)
4. End of Eden (techno metal)
5. Keane (Piano Rock)

all these bands are great, i hope you take the time to listen to at least one!
coreymanshack
Devilizer wrote:
I'm usually a metal head

1. In Flames (Melodic Death Metal)
2. Equilibrium (Metal, undescribeable)
3. Insomnium (Gloom / Melodic Death Metal)
4. End of Eden (techno metal)
5. Keane (Piano Rock)

all these bands are great, i hope you take the time to listen to at least one!

OMG I love In Flames! Smile
I'm a metalhead too!
smallideas
i like alternative music

try out:

Explosions in the Sky
65daysofstatic
Maybeshewill
Vessels

They are all fantastic post rock (which is a music genre which is like ambient/instrumental/rock sound)
its good.
catscratches
If you're into post-rock, you should also try (you most certainly know of these already, but in case you missed some band):
And So I Watch You From Afar
Because of Ghosts
Childs
Collapse Under the Empire
Crippled Black Phoenix
God Is an Astronaut
Hotel, Hotel
If These Trees Could Talk
Leech
Library Tapes
Long Distance Calling
Mogwai
Mono
My Beloved
Nihiling
Parhelia
Pertegň
Presence of Soul
Red Paper Dragon
Aphorisms
Red Sparowes
Sigur Rós
Texas Pandaa
The Pirate Ship Quintet
This Is Your Captain Speaking
Up-C Down-C Left-C Right-C ABC + Start

Then there are many good post-metal bands as well.
guth75
I am into almost all kinds of music, except for Rap, Country, Polka, and Gospel.
If you are into mainly pop, I would listen to some of the following artists.

• Katy Perry
  • Avril Lavigne
  • Hilary Duff
  • Lady Sovereign
  • Britney Spears - LOVE HER Laughing

I have many more, but that summarizes my main artists that I listen to.

[/list]
leomanlapera
i love paramore... and i recommend to listen to them its so cool...

and also jet there songs can make you cry Laughing
zbale
For those who don't know these classics, I think they're a must:

- Ray Charles' Georgia on my mind: if I had to bring one song on a desert island, it would be that song.

- Joni Mitchell's Both sides now: if I'm not mistaken, there are several versions of this song about love, which she wrote when she was young but re-recorded recently in a stunning version. This is a gorgeous love song because, as she says, "I've looked at love from both sides now" (meaning the beauty of falling in love and the pain of losing love), and you'd expect a big lesson about life, what she's learned, etc. But in fact she concludes "I really don't know love/life at all". A must-hear.
jeck
well i recommend JOhn Mayer... especially his new release album now called Battle Studies... i'm tired hearing people complaining about how the songwriter and their songs are worst compared to the song during earlier years... like 60's to 90's.. well listen to John Mayer... i think he is the only music man who wants to turn this pale and shallow music era upside down....
Sasa_VZR
MNML BROOOOOOOOO

Gaiser- Im a

Federico Milani - Drugstore

Alex Young - Minimal it

Daniel Papini - Church of Nonsense

and more Very Happy
chartcentral
Recommending "Myspace Girl" by The Afters.
Listen to it here and enjoy the e-card as well: http://www.aftersmyspace.com/
chartcentral
Also recommending the music of Jonny Diaz! Listen through this ecard: http://inorecords.com/jonnydiaz/ecard1/
I like the songs "Stand For You" and "More Beautiful You." Smile
rogue_skydragon
I recommend "Ghost Rider" by RJD2. Really chill and it has good beats.
chartcentral
Not exactly my favorite, but I'll recommend it anyway. Hehe. Very Happy

Download the new album of Angels and Airwaves! Just log on to their official website, look on the rightmost column for the link, click on it and get the whole Love album legally and for free! It contains 11 tracks including the current single "Hallucination." Smile
lamp_abi
If you haven't yet, you should listen to the band "Beirut." I am in love with their songs. They're simply sublime. I get relaxed just by listening to them Smile
medesignz
Anything by Foo Fighters really
Ghost Rider103
Just for reference and to avoid confusion, topics have been merged.
pollux1er
Zaho - Je te promets
toasterintheoven
Marilyn Manson is really good, especially that intro he did for the Resident Evil movie, he's really a multi-faceted musician
Denvis
Not Afraid - Eminem Cool
vibrants
Electro/house
vibrants
Electro/house
kagukaevud
Selena Gomez & The Scene - Naturally (Dave Audé Remix) Video
Download
rogue_skydragon
"Make Her Say" by Kid Cudi
It's a very well-done remix of Lady Gaga's "Poker Face."
ribozon
Ozzy Osbourne - Let me hear you scream

Ozzy Osbourne - Let it die

Ozzy Osbourne - I don't wanna stop

Ozzy Osbourne - Not Going Away

Ozzy Osbourne - Paranoid

Ozzy Osbourne ftw ! \,,/
migs_hernan
I would like to recommend the OPM songs. As a Filipino, i am proud to say that our songs are great. Filipino singers are so amazing and they are currently conquering the whole world to show what they have got. For example is our Charice Pempengco who is known to be the Youtube Sensational Diva. A lot of Filipino singers today are being known in the global singing industry and that's why i am very proud to say that i am a Filipino.
granvals
Music is my life.I would go crazy with out it.There are too many songs to pick a favorite!I have momentary favorites,but I can not pick just one!Bad Romance,though,definitely one of them.If not the entire Fame Monster album Very Happy
Right now I would have to say...DJ Dean It is A Dream Here is a link for the youtube video
nigam
i would love to maroon 5....very cool and relaxing songs....
sandmanxyz
I don´t know if someone around here is into Alter Bridge, but you should check it out!
ankur209
Love the way you lie By Eminem

The video and lyrics have made crazy for the song....here it is...!!

Quote:
[Chorus - Rihanna]
Just gonna stand there and watch me burn
Well that's all right because I like the way it hurts
Just gonna stand there and hear me cry
Well that's all right because I love the way you lie
I love the way you lie

[Eminem - Verse 1]
I can't tell you what it really is, I can only tell you what it feels like
And right now it's a steel knife in my windpipe
I can't breathe but I still fight while I can fight
As long as the wrong feels right it's like I'm in flight
High off her love, drunk from my hate, it's like I'm huffin' paint
And I love it the more I suffer, I suffocate
And right before I'm about to drown, she resuscitates me, she f**kin' hates me
And I love it, "wait, where you goin'?"
"I'm leavin' you," "no you ain't come back"
We're runnin' right back, here we go again
So insane, cause when it's goin' good it's goin' great
I'm superman with the wind in his back, she's Lois Lane
But when it's bad it's awful, I feel so ashamed I snap
Whose that dude? I don't even know his name
I laid hands on her
I never stoop so low again
I guess I don't know my own strength

[Chorus]

[Eminem - Verse 2]
You ever love somebody so much you can barely breathe
When you with em you meet
and neither one of you even know what hit em
Got that warm fuzzy feeling
Yeah them chills used to get em
Now you're getting f**kin' sick of lookin' at em
You swore you'd never hit em, never do nothin' to hurt em
Now you're in each other's face spewin' venom in your words
when you spit em
You push pull each other's hair
Scratch claw hit em throw em down pin em
So lost in the moments when you're in em
It's the face that's the culprit, controls you both
So they say it's best to go your seperate ways
Guess that they don't know ya
Cause today that was yesterday
Yesterday is over, it's a different day
Sound like broken records playin' over
But you promised her next time you'll show restraint
You don't get another chance
Life is no nintendo game, but you lied again
Now you get to watch her leave out the window
Guess that's why they call it window pane

[Chorus]

[Eminem - Verse 3]
Now I know we said things, did things, that we didn't mean
And we fall back into the same patterns, same routine
But your temper's just as bad as mine is, you're the same as me
When it comes to love you're just as blinded
Baby please come back, it wasn't you, baby it was me
Maybe our relationship isn't as crazy as it seems
Maybe that's what happens when a tornado meets a volcano
All I know is I love you too much to walk away though
Come inside, pick up the bags off the sidewalk
Don't you hear sincerity in my voice when I talk?
Told you this is my fault, look me in the eyeball
Next time I'm pissed I'll aim my fist at the drywall
Next time there won't be no next time
I apologize even though I know it's lies
I'm tired of the games I just want her back
I know I'm a liar if she ever tries to f**kin' leave again
I'ma tie her to the bed and set this house on fire

[Chorus]
Laughing Cool Cool
mOrpheuS wrote:
Quote tags added. Please use quote tags around text that you haven't written yourself.
PGe-tips
dorléac is great ..
Listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftazaHI5wM0
enjoy !
hillio
I prefer heavy stuff myself. I have recently started listening more to Avenged Sevenfold, and they are quickly becoming one of my favorites.
jarmush
Russian pagan metall group "Alkonost", you must hear it!
pyrecon
If you liked rock, you could go further - symphonic metal.
It is not as heavy as heavy metal or death metal but it gives you more than average rock does (the sensation).

I'd personally recommend you songs by Within Temptation and Evanescence, some of their songs carried messages and emotions.

Some picks:
Mother Earth - Within Temptation
Forsaken - Within Temptation
Everybody's Fool - Evanescence

Enjoy!
justinau
Shakira - Hips dont lie

Dido - The day before the day

Queen - I just cant get enought

Crazy - Alanis Morissette

Lamb - Angel

This is my current Top list
xevo
Sick Puppies - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0M5D5OA-d4
robertoilidio
Regina Spector is a really good suggestion. I would like to suggest something diferent that I love: A rock n roll band from Rio de Janeiro called Los Hermanos. try to search about their 4 cds: 'Los hermanos', 'bloco do eu sozinho', 'ventura' and '4'. After the end of this band, Rodrigo Amarantes, one of the vocals, start a new band with Fabrizio Moretti (the drummer of 'The Strokes') called Little Joy. Also, a good sound too.
tech
Pucifer is the best, i think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XoGcSw565U&feature=related
Radar
I've been listening to soundtracks more than anything lately, so I'm going to recommend buying the soundtrack of your favourite tv show / movie.

Often it's easy to miss a piece of music that's being played while you're watching something. Naturally, that is sometimes because that is exactly what's intended, and the producer/composer/whoever wants to keep you in the scene as much as possible.
celebi269
I recommend buying Glee soundtracks.

Listening to '80s music is really not my cup of tea. But when I watched one episode of Glee featuring Bonnie Tyler's Total Eclipse of the Heart, I was motivated to listen to these songs. And because of that, I didn't have a hard time listening to those old school music.
bswarrior06
1. The Lazy Song
2. Look at Me Now
3. Yeah 3X
4. Party Rock Anthem
5. Price Tag
6. Nobody's Perfect

so many... Smile

Sorry For No Links . but on the other way you can search it.
polobrasco
Don Omar Feat Zion & Lennox - Ella Ella
Wisin & Yandel - Party
2ne1 - Can't Nobody
Qwote - Super Diva
Francisco - Hands Up
mazito
Beatles any Album but especially Abby Road, and Revolver

Pink Floyd> The Wall

Roger Waters> Amused to Death

Rockdrigo Gonzalez> Hurbanistorias
asnani04
I like Linkin Park. Their albums really make a point:
1. Hybrid Theory (2000)
2. Meteora (2003)
3. Collision Course (2005)
4. Minutes to Midnight (2007)
5. A Thousand Suns (2010)

Collision Course is not their individual album, it is in combination with several other artists like JZ...
sentimentvcf
My favourite music is Estopa.
Nameless
Do you find yourself swept away by dramatic movie trailers? Do you love grand orchestral music? Do you wish you could just click play and turn everyday chores into epic conquests of good vs evil dirt?

Then you need to check out AudioGrave, the music of Daniel Yount! There's literally hours of awesome music available to stream for free, or buy in a variety of HQ formats to support the artist. I recommend the first two volumes in particular, since they have the greatest amount of music and are arranged with a strong narrative feel.
phe1980
I like snsd korea girl group.
Mr. taxi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhseD2tRLUY&feature=feedwll&list=WL
chartcentral
Recommending the following:
Chantelle Barry "You Should Be Here"
Brokedown Cadillac "Can You Hear Me"
foumy6
Well for me my top three favorite bands are:
Avenged Sevenfold
In This Moment
Yellowcard
I also listen to a wide verity of music (almost anything but rap and country)
caroline953
I recommended “Demon Days from Gorillaz” Excellent chillin’ music and an overall solid album.
I also like to listen these albums:
The lazy songs
Collision Course
Nordland I by Bathory
medesignz
My favourite type of music? It really depends on the mood I am in...

How would you describe Everlong by Foo Fighters... that is my favourite song of all time.
deanhills
I go through phases, right now I'm going through a "Paradise Lost" phase.
pazis
I recommend None so Vile, from Cryptopsy.

None So Vile is simply one of the best albums in Death Metal history, some songs may sound repetitive yes, but if you Really pay attention to all the details you finally will love this album.

Tracks List:
01. Crown Of Horns
02. Slit Your Guts
03. Graves Of The Fathers
04. Dead And Dripping
05. Benedictine Convulsions
06. Phobophile
07. Lichmistress
08. Orgiastic Disembowelment
vinay01
The Arcade Fire,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
LegendVPN
I recommend bands like The Script, Train, Lady Antebellum, Hillsong and Jars of Clay.
I recommend singers like Adele and Maddie Jane, Jon Mclaughlin, Owl City, Steve Curtis Chapman and Josh Groban.

For songs, I recommend Above All, So Close, When God Made You, Marry Me, God gave me you, Set Fire to the Rain. I have a lot more but those are what's on top of my head right now.
medesignz
What will be the sound of 2012? I am a music promoter for fun, so want to start focusing on the mainstream for this year....

What have you been listening to lately which is new and fresh?
LegendVPN
celebi269 wrote:
I recommend buying Glee soundtracks.

Listening to '80s music is really not my cup of tea. But when I watched one episode of Glee featuring Bonnie Tyler's Total Eclipse of the Heart, I was motivated to listen to these songs. And because of that, I didn't have a hard time listening to those old school music.

Hear, hear. Quite honestly, I prefer the covers of Glee than the original songs.
naser521
i love dariush .he is a Iranian actor
kenxeiko
1. Example - Stay Awake (Yeah, like this)
2. Timbaland - Way I Are (Cool, lol)
3. Christ Augus - 7x70 (Fell so sad when hear this)

Only can suggest three of them Embarassed
deanhills
Discovered this group recently - Bonobo. Quite interesting combination of different instruments, particularly the violin and drums:
labrax
THE GAZETTE (PLEDGE) YUP, ITS JAPAN VISUAL KEY BAND
blue_balloon
Streaming the best in electronic music live and promo mix. Breaks, Minimal, Progressive, House, Techno, Electro, and more on 200+ exclusive shows !Tune in to the free live stream via: Winamp, iTunes, or Windows Media Player.

www.blueballoonradio.com
beatbox0792
I love SNSD but I never watching a musical concert programme of us them.
I hope they will come my country of me to sing and dance
I want pray signature of them
medesignz
Recommend: Vendetta Red & Janet Devlin
lockwoodman
Nettie Moore - Bob Dylan
Iceaxe0410
If I were to recommend my favorite music, it would have to be Emilie Autumn.

She has pretty much anything for anyone since her music has changed quite a bit over her career. It never really stays in one set genre.

1. Classical violin - Album "On a Day"
2. Electric violin - Album - "Laced/Unlaced"
3. Pop Alternative Rock - Album - "Enchant"
4. Victorindustrial - Album - "Opheliac"
5. Jazz - "Jane Brooks Project" songs which included "Be Silent, Be Still", "Gentlemen Aren't Nice," and "Don't Blame Me"
6. Musical - "Prick! Goes the Scorpion's Tale" from the Devil's Carnival Soundtrack + "Girls, Girls, Girls" from her upcoming album "Fight Like a Girl."
Josso
*Esoteric/Genius Section* (artists)

- Aphex Twin (aka: AFX, The Tuss, Polygon Window, + loads of obscure aliases)
- Gerald Donald (aka: Dopplereffekt, Arpanet, Der Zyklus, partner of Drexciya, + others)
- Drexciya
- Venetian Snares (production porn)
- Squarepusher
- Amon Tobin
- Autechre
- Wisp (extra points for ambience)
- µ-Ziq

*Old School Hip Hop Essentials! (albums)*

- Afrika Bambaataa: Looking for the Perfect Beat (1983)
- Ultramagnetic MCs: Critical Beatdown (1988)
- NWA: Straight Outta Compton (1988)
- Dr. Dre: The Chronic (1991)
- KRS-ONE: Return of the Boom Bap (1993)
- Del Tha Funkee Homosapein - No Need For Alarm (1993)
- Wu-Tang Clan: Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) (1993)
- Snoop Dogg: Doggystyle (1993)
- Cypress Hill: Black Sunday (1993)
- GZA/Genius: Liquid Swords (1995)

*Hip Hop Acts You Might Not Have Heard of...*

- Dr. Dooom
- Deltron 3030
- Mr. Nogatco
- Rhyme Asylum
- Kutmaster Kurt
- Roots Manuva

*Early UK Hardcore and Acid House* (artists)

- Acen
- Altern 8
- Foul Play (verrrry early examples of jungle emerging)
- The Prodigy
- 808 State
- LFO
- Krome & Time
- Orbital

Might extend list at a later point in time. Do some more genre specific stuff.

Warning! explicit lyrics blah blah
lightningleo
Hey. you all should listen to Fireflies by Owl City..

Its a Good Song..:::

plz listen to this:::---

medesignz
Vendetta Red have just gotten back together again... Latest track is on youtube Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
deanhills
Gary Moore (RIP) is one of my favourites. Awesome electric guitarist.

zimmer
bee gees.. is my favorite artist and there songs...
deanhills
I'm listening to Hans Zimmer music. Mostly for movies. This guy is GREAT. Here is an example of his work. Rich with drama and passion. Just the way I like it.

andro_king
listen to Eminem
Maarja
I personally love Sonu Nigam and Kailash Kher

Sonu Nigam with Salaam-E-Ishq from the movie Salaam-E-Ishq

Kailash Kher with Ya Rabba in the same movie.

Maarja
deanhills wrote:
I'm listening to Hans Zimmer music. Mostly for movies. This guy is GREAT. Here is an example of his work. Rich with drama and passion. Just the way I like it.

He wrote the soundtrack to Gladiator. Now We Are Free is one of my top songs of all time.

Radar
With regards to genres, indie. Because there are some great sounding bands out there that are waiting to be discovered.
medesignz
Last.FM really is throwing up some great acts at the moment Smile
johannespilz
please tell me guys u know nicolas jaar. i just saw him live in budapest. its this new electronic music genius from new york. look him up on youtube. its a new kind of music. slower. it gets u too, i am sure
marleyhayden
steve vai and broken bells Smile bells are fairly new, but vai is the king Applause
Blummer
Listening to Steve Hackett's new album - Genesis Revisited II, now listening to this tribute track The Chamber of 32 Doors. This is pretty good tribute. Steve Hackett who has been a guitarist for Genesis, actually keeps revisiting music of the band, from time to time. If one is not much into their music, listening to tribute like this is a good way to get familiar with Genesis. It is basically that old progressive rock of 70-s.
ShannonHBC
Leevi and the Leavings if you can speak Finnish. No one writes better lyrics than them Smile

Another one is The Cure, they're fantastic as well, although the lyrics aren't nearly as good. But all their songs are different, definitely worth checking out!
nguyenvulong
Some doom metal for the rainy days Confused
deanhills
Zucchero ..... an amazing artist, with a hands-on approach to the production side of his music, including videos. He just seems to get it perfect every time.

darthrevan
Not sure if I have a favorite, but here is the ones I really like:

Stone sour, Chevelle, Adema are my top favourites.
deanhills
Bikerman
I don't have a favourite - depends on time, mood and place.
This, however, is a favourite when I want to let loose, headbang, and (in my case) pretend I'm 21 again Smile
The epic SwerveDriver....
enjoy
Arrogant
Some Bands I would recommend

Green Day
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Bullet For my Valentine
Aerosmith
Metallica
Pink Flyod
Led Zepplin
medesignz
Tonight i am putting on an alternative indie punk underground night. Bands featured are The Homosexuals, Men of Good Fortune and Second Head.

Do a google search on them, and you'll be mesmerised Very Happy
johannespilz
Over the last view weeks I wrote together a list of music and artists that are really astonish. Sometimes it's only a album or a song but its definitely worth listening. I am totally into electronic music and indie rock and therefore this list contains mainly such artists. Check it out and let me know if you know them:

Neon Indian - era extrana
Primal scream - screamadelica
Salem - kingnight
Erik sumo - my rocky mountain (another Hungarian indie band)
Bonobo - black sands
Cat power - you are free
Cat power - moon pix
Die antwoord (I am sure u heard of this trash band from South Africa)
Bensh - doubt
Efterklang (more rock but still ambient like sigur ross)
Crystal fighters
Animal collective - feels
I am x
Michael Meyer - mantasy
Harvest Moon - poolside

Band of horses - everything
The stallions - Mix
Paradis
Eric duncan

Dominik eulberg (German electro dj)

Altraista
El pero del mar

Grimes
Watergate x
Animal collective - (Bence)
Ratatat
Foals
Angus stone
The virgins
Penguin cafe orchestra
Patrick wolf (great uk artist, played up to 10 different instruments on stage)
Joanna newsom - have one on me
The dirty projector
Neil Young
The liars
Deerhunter

Lajkó fėlix (he is a Hungarian classic violin player, amazing)

My bloody valentine - loveless

John talabot / pional - brave (John talbot already know for their rough trade album of the year, this is another great cd)

The dog days are over - Florenc and the machine (great song by Florence)
starsoft
Thanks to the laws
medesignz
Are we allowed to post to youTube urls?
Sabbadon
I recommend 2 bands for now.. If I have more free time, I'll start a blog soon Very Happy
If you like Symphonic-Epic-Power Metal, YOU MUST HAVE both 2 albums by WINTERSUN
check those 2 videos on youtube:
Wintersun - Beyond the dark sun (from first album)
Wintersun - Land of snow and sorrow - Live rehearsal (from second album)

If you like Symphonic-Brutal Metal, then Fleshgod Apocalypse will be an amazing choice Wink
Check this video from the last album - Agony:
Fleshgod Apocalypse - The Violation

have fun
manverupl
I listen rock/metal bands so I recommend:
Sabaton
Metallica
Hammerfall
AC/DC
Judas Priest
Saxon
Eluvietie
Patchfinder
Witchking
and many many more.
TheLimey
Into Rap? I know he has been out for a few years now however I have just discovered the great lyricism of Hopsin. Check him out and support him. He looks a bit strange but his lyrics are freakin awesome.
johannespilz

damian jurado with his hit sheets.

touching lyrics:

Is he still coming around like an injured bird needing a nest?
A place to rest his head in a song you'll regret
Lord knows I don't want to compete
But I still sleep in the very sheets he's been in

Swallow him whole like a pill that makes you choke and stills your soul
You have the nerve to look me in the eyes and lie
Send him back
I'll share the trap that you have me in

Is he still coming around like an injured bird needing a nest?
A place to rest his head in a song you'll regret
Still you take him
Lord knows I don't want to compete
But I still sleep in the very sheets he's been in

Swallow him whole like a pill that makes you choke and stills your soul
You have the nerve to look me in the eyes and lie
Send him back
I'll share the trap that you have me in
medesignz
What about any independent artists that we may not have heard about before?
jajathanja
If I would call any genre a favourite I'd say it will be Drum n Bass. At the moment I'm really digging the tracks from Photek. I don't know how but I missed him during the 'Golden Years' of DnB at the turn of the millennium...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qJKxaWb0_A

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qJKxaWb0_A[/youtube][/youtube]
medesignz
Last.FM is my favourite at the moment, because I get introduced to artists I may have overlooked before.
pravojednostavno
I like Skillet.
Arrogant
suzie Q - CCR
Satisfaction - The rolling stones
I want to break free - Queens
Snow - Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Ironman - Black Sabbath
Smoke on water - Deep Purple
Kashmir - Led Zepplin
andro27
The best music is in 60 - 70 .Like pink Floyd ,leed zepellin, deep purple,black sabath, bob dylan, and many more band and musicians. One of the best album all over time is Dark side of the moon - Pink Floyd.I hope soo that you are listen this album, or late 70 the wall.If you prefer some easy music ,buy cd of joan baez,good word like bob dylan.And speed guitar of jimmy page you must listen
howtolivemetal
I really love metal, but my favourite band is Pink Floyd...

Discography
The Piper at the Gates of Dawn (1967)
A Saucerful of Secrets (1968)
More (1969)
Ummagumma (1969)
Atom Heart Mother (1970)
Meddle (1971)
Obscured by Clouds (1972)
The Dark Side of the Moon (1973)
Wish You Were Here (1975)
Animals (1977)
The Wall (1979)
The Final Cut (1983)
A Momentary Lapse of Reason (1987)
The Division Bell (1994)
aayushsrivastava14
Any song my Linkin Park.
codersfriend
Try Kiss by Maroon 5
spinout
hm right now i got gamma ray in the cd player, german speedmetal... Well not relaxing music directly, but fun to listen to.
Reyes199115
Definetly this one:

John Legend - All of Me
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=450p7goxZqg[/youtube]
spinout
i got the beach boys in the player now. gr8
jajarvin
Karita Mattila & Dmitri Hvorostovsky in the final scene of Tchaikovsky's Eugene Onegin at 2001
Cardiff Singer of the World Gala.

Richard Hickox conducts the BBC National Orchestra of Wales.

Журавли - The Cranes (백학).
Baritone : 김인수 Kim In-Soo
KBS Orchestra

deanhills
I like ERA ... with emphasis on electric guitar

Possum
I enjoy MODS

http://modarchive.org/

Many are easy background listening so you can do your computer stuff with them playing in the background.

http://modarchive.org/
spinout
Lately i have had a "caught in a mosh" Flashback... Listening to live audio with Anthrax... so 80s hahaha... But what cool mosh pits
Croustibattes
I enjoy Balthazar
smanning
Vanic x K.Flay - Make Me Fade.