FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Server 2 Apache Down!?

k_s_baskar
While posting this message Server 2 is not accessible and while watching the status it shows

HTTP Apace Down - 111 - Connection refused

Ref: http://frihost-server-status.us.to/

Kindly requesting Bondings & Moderators to solve the problem as early as possible.

Sad
friuser
I'm requesting as well. Thought it was a temporary thing like usual but it's been down for a while now.
Scorpio
I can confirm that this has been down for more than hour then..

At the time of posting this, it still has been down.
m-productions
figures, i spent the last 4 hours writing a script...finally ready to test it for the first time....and this... =(
darvit
Yes, it's been down for more than an hour. I noticed that it went down from around 11something PM [or 12something AM] -5 UTC [and right now, it's 1:05 AM -5 UTC].

It's rather unusual. Sad

I hope that it's nothing serious.

*tries to remember the last time I backed up Crying or Very sad *
m-productions
darvit wrote:
Yes, it's been down for more than an hour. I noticed that it went down from around 11something PM [or 12something AM] -5 UTC [and right now, it's 1:05 AM -5 UTC].

It's rather unusual. Sad

no no no, this inst anything serious, it has done this quite a few times. We just have to wait it out, or wait for someone to restart apache.
Scorpio
m-productions wrote:
darvit wrote:

It's rather unusual. Sad

no no no, this inst anything serious, it has done this quite a few times. We just have to wait it out, or wait for someone to restart apache.

Oh! That is just swell..

I have enough problems without this adding on to it..
Apache went down almost 12-15 times yesterday while I was working on my site..
m-productions
dont forget, apache goes down for 1 min every hour for a restart, thats what people said in another thread. So it does go down 24 times in a day >> Ill look for the link and come back and post in here (check for edited post)

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-71604.html
Quote:
That's because the downtime lasts only about 1 minute.
It's the hourly Apache restart which happens every hour and lasts for about a minute or two. It's currently what's keeping server 2 stable. In the future, we should be able to get rid of the hourly restarts as well.
Scorpio
m-productions wrote:
dont forget, apache goes down for 1 min every hour for a restart, thats what people said in another thread. So it does go down 24 times in a day >> Ill look for the link and come back and post in here (check for edited post)

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-71604.html
Quote:
That's because the downtime lasts only about 1 minute.
It's the hourly Apache restart which happens every hour and lasts for about a minute or two. It's currently what's keeping server 2 stable. In the future, we should be able to get rid of the hourly restarts as well.

I didn't get what Bondings meant by "in future" hopefully sometime soon..
It is isn't exactly necessary for apache to restart a minute every hour.
I wish that this problem is fixed soon..
m-productions
Scorpio wrote:

I didn't get what Bondings meant by "in future" hopefully sometime soon..
It is isn't exactly necessary for apache to restart a minute every hour.
I wish that this problem is fixed soon..

He also did say that he was going to try to make it restart every 2 hours, and see what that did for the server, however, he never did say if he tried this, for my, i always have bad timing, whenever im about to send a friend a link to my site to show them an update, it happens to be on the downtime ..... ohwell, it does have better uptime than other servers I have tried in the past
raine dragon
it is 1:42AM EST. I tried to access my site at 11:25PM EST. that means it's been out for around 2.5 hours now at the very least.
m-productions
Whats going to really piss me off, and this might be the reason, (like it is most of the time when the server is down for a long time) some stupid newb, went and put some crappy written script on his site, or is running other "bad" programs from their site, and it just hurts the rest of us. I believe this was the problem in the other thread that i posted a few posts ago... *sigh* ohwell.
alkutob
Yes , I can't access my site too .

I thought something wrong happened to my site while I was making some changes .
thank God
m-productions
wow i can be so blind sometimes, here is more info on the hourly restart

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-52337.html

its the first sticky in the frihost support >>
saratdear
m-productions wrote:

Yes, but I think this is something more serious than the hourly restart. That occurs everyday, and it is just fine. The server will be down for just 2 minutes or so.

Now, I can't guess what happened.... Confused
m-productions
saratdear wrote:
m-productions wrote:

Yes, but I think this is something more serious than the hourly restart. That occurs everyday, and it is just fine. The server will be down for just 2 minutes or so.

Now, I can't guess what happened.... Confused

of course, like my other post, I think some newb has a bad script running ... or was running.. on their site. I was just posting that, because he said up their that yesterday it went down about 14 times or so... so I posted that to show... thats all lol
k_s_baskar
Hi all,

Almost 5 hrs over.
Still the problem not yet rectified. Anyway apart from httpd all other things like Direct Admin / FTP are working fine. For precaution i backup all my files.

I think Only Bondings can help in this matter.

Sad
FunDa
How do you get into DirectAdmin ?

I'm not able to go even to [url]cp.frih.net[/url]

Is FTP working ?

Edit :

P.S. www.fundazone.com:2222

2222 works !!!
driftingfe3s
k_s_baskar wrote:
Hi all,

Almost 5 hrs over.
Still the problem not yet rectified. Anyway apart from httpd all other things like Direct Admin / FTP are working fine. For precaution i backup all my files.

I think Only Bondings can help in this matter.

Sad

Yeah i think Bondings is the only one who can restart the server. We all just have to wait untill he stops by and sees its down and restarts it.
Scorpio
It seems that we havent even got the attention of any of the mods as well.

I really need to get my site running.. Wonder what the heck is wrong with Apache
MadeinIndia
Why don't you all come on the official IRC room of frihost at Dalnet. at #Frihost?

I am really concerned. Some of my would be sponsors will be seeing my site today.
Scorpio
The thing is that no one can contact Bondings in times of such emergencies, so only when he sees it himself, whenever that is, the problem can be rectified..
m-productions
Yes, some of the modes are aware of this problem, but they do not have the ability to fix them. we will just have to wait....
Scorpio
m-productions wrote:
Yes, some of the modes are aware of this problem, but they do not have the ability to fix them. we will just have to wait....

I wonder what the idiots at the datacentre are doing.. Isnt it their job to watch over the servers?
tempdbs
From morning,My Domain & Sub-domain are not working.

Please somebody (Tech Support guys) do something and make them
available.

I sent a PM to Bondings an hour back... Hope he will take care of it...

Bondings, mOrpheus, tidruG, etc.., Please.........
Alie
Server is still down Sad Soo... bad.... At last I found few minutes to add some updates.... Hope administration will solve this problem soon...
And untill then - offline testing in denwer Twisted Evil
panic15
This sucks Sad sort ur server out...
Bondings
My apologies for the downtime. The problem was that Apache wasn't serving any websites (so restarting it automatically didn't help). I've restarted the server now. Normally this should have been spot by the server monitoring which should have restarted the server. The server is working fine again now.
m-productions
well i guess my theory about some noob having a bad script was wrong =(
ohwell im so happy to see that its back up, thank you bondings!
k_s_baskar
Thanks a lot Admin.
Everthing works fine Now.
tempdbs
k_s_baskar wrote:
Thanks a lot Admin.
Everthing works fine Now.

Hi Friends... Surprised !

All the Server 2 Frihosters, The server is up now.
You can work up on your web now.

Any how thanks Bondings Laughing
cosmicx
thanks a lot...it is working well now Smile
tidruG
Resolved. Server 2 back up.
Thread being closed.
Thank you for reading.
-close-