FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Making sure that your page includes the keywords/title

inphurno
i've seen the following statement (or some variation of it) on this site and others:

Quote:

Make sure that your page includes the keywords, phrases, and the title. Most search engines look at the repetition of the phrases in your title, description, and keywords within the page.

what i want to know is if the title or keywords are in the code in the form of links or comments and not part of the readable text is this ok?
brokenadvice
Search engines completely ignore comments. Link text usually only gives context to the linked page. The best way to get high rankings is to have real content and keywords that are in your content.

Example (keywords in bold):

Content: Our company Superior Widgets Inc. provides the industry's best and most cost effective widgets. We pride ourselves in providing Latex free widgets, and other hypo-allergenic products.

The keywords then help guide the search engine in accurately describing what your site is about. What I think that quote means is that, if you put random things in your META keywords, then if they have no relevance to your page, they will be thrown out. Otherwise people could put "Free Apple iPhone" in their keywords and get search results from that.

Thats my $0.02
inphurno
thanks brokenadvice!