FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Wireless mini PCi card problem

trefen
Hallo!
I just installed a Dell TrueMobile 1150 SERIES MiniPCI Card (wireless) into my Packard bell E2223 D laptop. When I started up, it installed by it self, but it can't find any wireless networks in the area. I know there is one. I tried to push Fn+F1, but it does not make any difference. I know the card is working (tested it on an other computer), I have checked the BIOS, there is no jumpers on the main board and i think it's correcly installed. Does somebody know whats wrong?

Edit: Booted with my PCLinuxOS live CD. It worked perfectly in Linux!

Thanks in advance!
mystzero
Are you using Windows built-in wireless client? If so, the wireless zero configuration service is probably not started or is being disabled.

The following steps will enabled the service:

1. Go to "Start" --> "Run". Type in services.msc and click "OK".
  2. Once the "Services" window is opened, search for the service named "Wireless Zero Configuration".
  3. Double-click on it and change the "Startup Type:" to "Automatic". Click on the "Start" button as well to get the service started. Click "OK". Close every single window.
  4. Now, go to "Start" --> "Run" and type in ncpa.cpl. Click "OK".
  5. Right-click on "Wireless Network Connection" and select "Properties".
  6. Click on the "Wireless Networks" tab and place a checkmark on the "Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings" checkbox. Click "OK".
  7. Now, your card should be able to detect wireless networks.
trefen
Didn't work Sad The service was sett to atomatic. I tried to disable and enable it, but no difference. The wierd thing is that I got a USB wireless card to, and that one works. Just not the mini PCI Crying or Very sad It didn't work in Vista either. I installed a program to display if the wireless is turned on or not. I checked it was activated.