FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PDF Conversion software

egithrift
I come across some tool named 123 file convert and find it excellent. It offers Great value for money… reasonable priced. Easy to use interface, everyone in my office can use this. I must thank these people and recommend to who are in need. http://www.123fileconvert.com/
teko
do you work for them??? Smile
marcuse
You can create PDF files online very easily with Adobe Online Services:

http://createpdf.adobe.com/

If you sign up for a free trial you can create 5 Adobe PDF files for free. Or you can also buy Adobe Acrobat 8.

Or if you prefer a completely free solution try OpenOffice. I recommend OpenOffice.
budazz
I think there are a lot of open source software in terms of creating a PDF file... i just dont remmber the names..
froginabox
budazz is right, there are a TON of free softwares out there. Just make sure that you read the terms carefully, some of them create watermarks on your document.
kiranaghor
CutePDF is also good. Google for it.
Kelvin
i would recommend PrimoPDF. It uses the print driver and converts any document into PDF effortlessly. IT's also FREE! Very Happy
otiscom
Yes there are lots of free ones out there.
Just Google it and you'll be amazed.

Most of them are a virtual printer driver, that don't actualy print but make a pdf file.
dac_nip
marcuse wrote:
You can create PDF files online very easily with Adobe Online Services:

http://createpdf.adobe.com/

If you sign up for a free trial you can create 5 Adobe PDF files for free. Or you can also buy Adobe Acrobat 8.

Or if you prefer a completely free solution try OpenOffice. I recommend OpenOffice.

wow.. thanks for the info, I didn't know this. I've been using Acrobat Professional just to convert to PDF. nice find there Very Happy
brodie
This one works pretty well too: http://www.123pdfconverter.com/
bri4n5
I suggest PDFCreator http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator it's licensed with GPL.
infinisa
I have used the (free) pdf995 for years with excellent results. They have a complete suite of programs that let you create, edit, extract, merge, protect and sign pdf documents. Highly recommended.
Studio Madcrow
Just use OpenOffice.org. It can save "automagically" to PDF, as can WordPerfect suite...
daviosoftware
I use PrimoPDF. It works for me!
why6487
I use WordPerfect at my grandparents. At home I use Acrobat 6.0.6 Professional for Mac OS X on my 10.2.8 (eMac).
djclue917
budazz wrote:
I think there are a lot of open source software in terms of creating a PDF file... i just dont remmber the names..

OpenOffice.org is one of those open source software (that is also cross-platform) that can export to PDF. Another plus factor is that it can also open and display properly a lot of other formats as well. Also, it supports the Open Document Format (ODF). So if there's gonna be an indispensable tool for creating PDFs and opening a ton of other document formats, go open; go for OpenOffice.org. Smile
nico.carpentier
i know www.zamzar.com and it's nice to convert everything in everything.
riv_
I use Open Office and Primo PDF. Both free and both easy to use.
If you're looking for a whole office/text editing suite, give open office a try - I use the Windows version and the Linux version on another...
If you just need to convert the pdf's from MS Office, and you don't want to fight with a learning curve, give PrimoPDF a try. All you have to do is build your document, say in word, then hit print, and select PrimoPDF as your printer.
I've had nice results.
kudumbamkalakkal
Jaws system is good tool for this pls try
bukaida
All adobe professionals has that capability. Also Abby has a converter which can perform both way conversion (such as word to pdf and pdf to word and lots of other formats). Foxit professional also has that capability.It's not a major issue now a days.
Phil
I've been looking for a program that converts HTML to .pdf. And your right, there are a ton of them. I want one that I can not only convert HTML, but import the hyperlinks as well. I've tried a few of the ones mentioned here, but they don't import the hyperlinks.
Do you know of any software that does or any suggestions to how it can be done.
DeiviD
i do recommend a software called "Paperless Printer" for that kind of stuff. It installs a printer on your system, and when you select to print in that printer a menu pops up asking in what format you want to save the file. Several of em supported, including pdf, jpg, bmp, etc.

so basically if you can print it it can be turned into a pdf Smile
bulek
Far away best program for converting PDF to any possible file is Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.1. It really does it's job much better that other programs. The only problem is that it's expensive, but that shouldn't be a problem if you don't have 100% legal software on your computer. Wink
varun_dodla
If needed you may try out vpdf which is a text editor that has an option to save as PDF or vpdfc that is an RTF to PDF converter.
These applications are still in developement so sorry if they don't satisfy all your needs. You may request for new features if u need.

Hope this helps.
orcaz
I recommend PDFCreator bcoz it is totally free without any adwares or limitations. If you have office 2007, u can also create pdf without installing any other software.
koltz
I use "ABBYY PDF Transformer 2.0 "
it is nice tool for "pdf-operations" for me,
fadirocks
I use some German cool software called FreePDF XP
it requires installing ghostscript also there is just FreePDF which is for linux and more
http://www.shbox.de you can the software in English but the site in German
very easy to use and It can also combine pdf files together Smile
guissmo
I have Open Office on my PC mainly for PDF conversion. Lol.

I NEVER use it to make my documents and stuff. I use MS Office.