FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Icky Thump

McDucque
The new White Stripes album... I thought it came out today, turns out its next tuesday... not cool. I preorded it on Itunes for a couple of extra tracks.

The two singles I've heard so far are pretty rediculous in their greatness.

Anyone else as psyched as I am?
Esperanto
It's going to be amazing. They've gotten better with each album.... this one could be better than Elephant.... we'll see. I love Icky Thump, it's so Led Zeppelin infused with Jack's wackyness.
kazikame
I want to get it but I don't have the money Sad
McDucque
Gah, you gotta try and get it if you can, put it on the list =P.

It came out yesterday and from start to finish its great.

I dont come across a lot of albums where I dont find myself skipping at least one song.
BlockUp
Oh god yes, I have got the album and trust me it is worth every penny.

Great music, great band... shame they don't have a bassist! *hinthint*
kazikame
I've got it now Very Happy

It's great. It's got a great mix of normal rock and bits that make you go "WTF?".
Octaeder
Stunning album. I can't help but smile every time I hear Rag & Bone. My only gripe with it are the two songs that get all Celtic... Just unnecesary.

As Paul McCartney & Wings proved, one of the cast iron commandments of rock is "Thou shalt not kilt"
mullacy
Octaeder wrote:
Stunning album. I can't help but smile every time I hear Rag & Bone. My only gripe with it are the two songs that get all Celtic... Just unnecesary.

As Paul McCartney & Wings proved, one of the cast iron commandments of rock is "Thou shalt not kilt"

god, so true.

The first half is pretty mean, and the last few songs too... but the middle is pretty damn unrock. I am getting major Bron-Y-Aur-Stomp flashbacks from listening to Prickly Thorn
But it totally redeems itself with Little Cream Soda - that riff is epic. I reckon this album will become great beer drinking music.
datter
The Stripes just played live in my home town (Halifax, Canada) this past weekend, including a "secret show" the night before at a small pool hall downtown. I didn't go, but apparently it was a pretty good show... in fact if you search for white stripes halifax 2007 on youtube you can see most of it. Smile

All in all I like the White Stripes, but not enough to go see them (obviously). Their new stuff is pushing out farther from my sort of music, and at this rate I suspect I'll become a non-fan by their next album. I still like their previous one well enough though, was just listening to it the other day.

PS- As you will see if you search for those vids btw, jack actually wore a kilt for the show here... but hey, Nova Scotia is New Scotland after all. Smile
Jaan
it's pretty sweet...
Octaeder
I think Martyr for my Love has pretty much become my favourite song now. It is a brilliant album if you just skip tracks 6 and 7... Possibly my favourite White Stripes... And elephant was my only one of theirs that I didn't like
garmon
Icky Thump is friggin awesome. IMHO the best song is Rag and Bone. Then Icky Thump. Then perhaps... Catch Hell Blues. Check it out.