FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DOTA: Defense of the Ancients

CptSaladin
So for Warcraft fans, Warcraft III features an extremely challenging and popular custom made game: Defense of the Ancients. If you guys haven't given this one a shot, its an extremely fun and important game with lots of diversity, heroes, items, and builds to choose from. What are your favorite heroes/would anyone be interested in a clan v. clan game?
Osmodius
Hero balance in DotA is worse than class balance in World of Warcraft Razz Which is made worse by the fact that you're expected to random a hero instead of picking, or risk being flamed all game long (although this was MUCH worse in Footmen Frenzy).

Having said that, I haven't played DotA in a few versions so I suppose it could be better...

But nowhere near as good as Footmen vs Grunts ^_____^
budazz
This sounds interesting huh... ill check that out,, im a big war craft fan..
exarkun
I like to use Dwarven Sniper, LifeStealer and Clinkz. These are quite ok and especially LifeStealer, he is a late game hero and owns like hell when I use him.

Cheers.
Kitten Kong
You are right, this mod is freaking awesome, we had a LAN over here and we ended up playing this all night. It is so much like Tides of Blood but without all the extra stuff, just a bunch of heroes.

Sure the characters are unbalanced but they all have their skills.
Azmo
well the worst thing you can get when you are playing dota is some support char, ¨sure they could be handy if you are playing a big war, but usually you are up on 1vs1 and you don't stand a chance then..
deemon
I have been playing DotA for the last two years and I should say that it is a great mod.
The heros are different but each one has some good quality. Some are quite week in the beginning like Lifestealer but later on they can become the hardest to kill. I believe that with the right items for the right hero one can kill any other hero.
Pikokola
Well.. My favorite are Dwarven sniper. What else? (I thinks) it's had longest attack range (more than the towers), with average damage, good ultimate skill, can control enemies creeps with one shoot (using Scatter shoot, it can wipe out 3~4 groups of creeps in no time (1 groups usually exist of 4 meele creeps and 1 long range (mage) creeps))

had passive skill which stun enemies, but it's had average-low health, and some drawbacks in the defense and move speed if you don't upgrade it with sange-yasha or other weapons.. (I think)
isyan
i like sand king, dark terror and axe...

but usually here in our school we always use all random.. mainly because its exciting and from its name that its random.. you really dont know who will win the game.. Smile

but i prefer dark terror...

Quote:
I believe that with the right items for the right hero one can kill any other hero.

i agree with deemon... even if you have the strongest hero... your item sucks and your play sucks.. well its obvious that you will lose the game.. well if your opponent sucks more than you.. heheh... your lucky..

jah blez! Laughing Cool
Nutteloos
Osmodius wrote:
Hero balance in DotA is worse than class balance in World of Warcraft Razz

And here I was thinking diversity is a good thing... have we all been fooled?
isyan
Osmodius wrote:
Hero balance in DotA is worse than class balance in World of Warcraft Razz Which is made worse by the fact that you're expected to random a hero instead of picking, or risk being flamed all game long (although this was MUCH worse in Footmen Frenzy).

Having said that, I haven't played DotA in a few versions so I suppose it could be better...

But nowhere near as good as Footmen vs Grunts ^_____^

you haven't played the latest versions of dota and yet you are bold in criticizing about its hero balance.. all i can say is.. play it first... Smile

jah blez!