FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

chmod() [this is massivly important!!!!]

m-productions
I did a search on this, but I got a bunch of topics that didnt apply to me, so if this is out there, im sorry.

I got this error when running the following script.

Code:
Code:
<?php
//create the directory if doesn't exists (should have write permissons)
if(!is_dir("./files")) mkdir("./files", 0777);
//move the uploaded file
move_uploaded_file($_FILES['Filedata']['tmp_name'], "./files/".$_FILES['Filedata']['name']);
chmod("./files/".$_FILES['Filedata']['name'], 0777);
?>

My error

Code:
Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/mproduct/domains/m-productions.us/public_html/beta/upload.php on line 6

I posted this in the php section, but im now thinking this has somethign to do with the hosting itself.
mathiaus
Go to the file manager in DA and check who the owner of the file is. If its not you (ie. Apache), there should be a link in the same row to change ownership to yourself.
m-productions
Edit: well yes it seems apche is taking over ALL MY FILES! this is bad, how do i make it so that files made with a php script, or copied or w/e are not taken over by apache,

Turns out, this is a MASSIVE problem, I cant even add folders or files myself unless i got set the folder to my ownership... please, is there anyway to make apache not be so lame? I understand that "apache is running the scripts" so it takes ownership of the files.. but is there a way to make this not happen.