FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Opendir not working right for me.

Dougie1
I am having a problem with this hopefully someone can help. I think the easiest way is to show you the code:

<?php
$path
= "/videos/";
$dh = @opendir($path) or die("Couldn't open");
$i=1;
while ((
$file = readdir($dh)) !== false) {
if(
$file != "." && $file != "..") {
echo
"$file";
$i++;
}
}
closedir($dh);
?>

It seems fine to me and all it does is say "Couldn't open" and the directory exists (I have checked with is_dir()) It also does contain files.

If it makes a difference I am using frihost and when I take the error suppressing part off it gives the following error:

Code:
Warning: opendir() [function.opendir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/adminvideos/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/dougie1/:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/var/www/:/usr/local/lib/php/:/etc/virtual/) in /home/dougie1/domains/dougs-site.frih.net/public_html/Admins Favorites.php on line 3

Warning: opendir(/videos/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Operation not permitted in /home/dougie1/domains/dougs-site.frih.net/public_html/Admins Favorites.php on line 3

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/dougie1/domains/dougs-site.frih.net/public_html/Admins Favorites.php on line 5

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/dougie1/domains/dougs-site.frih.net/public_html/Admins Favorites.php on line 11
MrBlueSky
You can't just access any directory on frihost. That wouldn't be very secure, right? Very Happy

But I think you want to access the subdirectory videos of your own homedir.
If so, use:

Code:

$path = "videos/";