FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Video Editing

Chris24
i am looking for info on using a video editing program. What I want to do is just be able to take clips off of my dv camcorder or pc and be able to remove certain parts of the clips to make one file of the comprised clips.

I have tried to used vegas 7 but just couldn't figure out how to do it. Is there a simple program out there to do this task?

I tried nero as well and was able to get the clips but the quality was compromised....
Josso
The best thing for doing that would be Windows Movie Maker - if you have a PC it should come with it as standard. For simple stuff like that Movie Maker works great... cut it up, save it as "best quality for my PC" and it automatically renders it in a sensible format.
budazz
try power director from cyberlink its very easy to use.. with lots of features.. for you production,,,
Chris24
ok, I found a program that will work for what I asked for in the beginning.

Now I am looking for a program that will enable me to be able to either highlight a person or have something that will be able to point to a person as to identify said person. Does anyone know of anything like this?
fiendskull9
your best bet is to sit down, and get a book (or online tutorials) about Sony Vegas

its definately worth it, its one of the most powerful video editing software packages for the price

once you learn, youll zip through it like an old pro

-clay
froginabox
Vegas is pretty good for Windows editing. Of course, if you have a Mac, Final Cut is THE way to go.
otiscom
I find Video Edit Magic the easiest to use.

I've used it for years now with very good results.
lordcenon
Chris24 wrote:
ok, I found a program that will work for what I asked for in the beginning.

Now I am looking for a program that will enable me to be able to either highlight a person or have something that will be able to point to a person as to identify said person. Does anyone know of anything like this?

I have been using this and very great software.

To achieve that highlighting a person, you look for the video effects that is called COOKIE with different shapes and bring that cookie over the person. The cookie can be customized.

The other method is to zoom in to the person in to an angle you like. Sony have its built-in help that will teach you how.

Good luck and happy surfin'.
Chris24
Thanks for all the help and info, I found adobe premier pro and was able to get everything going with that. To burn the disks, nero didnt go so well the video was very choppy so I used Sony DVD architect and that was much much better.
aningbo
Chris24 wrote:
Thanks for all the help and info, I found adobe premier pro and was able to get everything going with that. To burn the disks, nero didnt go so well the video was very choppy so I used Sony DVD architect and that was much much better.

u couldn't figure out how to use vegas and u r saying u got along with adobe premiere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lolz... Rolling Eyes
why6487
Just Google! Google is the best way to get results! Google for sony vegas tutorials!
Whong
aningbo wrote:
Chris24 wrote:

u couldn't figure out how to use vegas and u r saying u got along with adobe premiere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lolz... Rolling Eyes

I don't know anything about Sony Vegas, but Adobe Premiere Pro is one of the easiest and best video editing softwares I've seen! It is really great! Very Happy