FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

hospital tycoon

mansonivan
anyone play this game b4? i just start playing recently and i found it quite interesting. It is bout d management of a hospital and it has some funny drama too. Smile
QrafTee
mansonivan wrote:
anyone play this game b4? i just start playing recently and i found it quite interesting. It is bout d management of a hospital and it has some funny drama too. Smile

I've only played Theme Hospital... or maybe it was Hospital Tycoon... I can't quite remember. But it was funny with stuff like Elvis Disease and such.
sYxJesters
I think i'm going to start playing this. Or was it boring? I don't want to waste my time :O!
Nutteloos
Might give it a try if it's anything like Theme Hospital... and it sounds like it is. I don't suppose it will live up to it, but it might be enough for a good laugh.
legendaryduelists
What is the name of the company that make that game? I have played some old games from MonteCristo Games, and were really interesting.

If i get the chance i will look after this game, maybe i need to search for screenshots in gamespot.com xD
David_Pardy
Theme Hospital was a great game! No matter how good Hospital Tycoon may be (I don't know anything about it yet), I doubt that anything will beat the fun and charm of the original Theme Hospital.

This Hospital Tycoon website I found is taking forever to load, so I can't comment on it yet :p
kingtendo
I used to love Theme Hospital, and i have recently bought Hospital Tycoon, i wouldn't say it is brilliant, but it is ok. I don't think it beats Theme hospital, there was something about that game that made it really good
sYxJesters
Erm I got it and I don't like it too much. That's just me though I suppose :O
vonboy
rollercoaster tycoon is realy the only tycoon game i liked. i'm not realy interested in this one.
mansonivan
theme hospital is the first hospital game. hospital tycoon is the second version of it. forgot wat name of company(hospital tycoon), but they bought over the copyright from theme hospital and remaking a new one.
krazy
yep i think i have tried it, but i didn't think much of it, i personally thought it was quite boring... well i stick to pet games such as horse games etc...
aznhomieboi1689
Hospital Tycoon? Never heard of it, mind telling me what's it about? What kind of platform is it on anyway?

I like Tycoon games, they're so fun! I wish I owned a Tycoon game, that'd be awesome!
soulman
Yeah, a good game, make me remember the very old theme hospital....
DivineConclave
QrafTee wrote:
mansonivan wrote:

I've only played Theme Hospital... or maybe it was Hospital Tycoon... I can't quite remember. But it was funny with stuff like Elvis Disease and such.

I've played both of these and had a hard time enjoying them. I like the "Tycoon" games, overall. I loved Rollercoaster Tycoon. Hospital Tycoon and Moon Tycoon didn't impress me much though. Sad
m-productions
the tycoon games are going the way of the sim games... just dang to many of them.
hofodomo01
but those tycoon games are also strangely appealing. i remember playing some dinosaur park-themed tycoon game in the 3rd grade...dinosaurs always escaped, and i always went bankrupt, but hell, it was a fun time. that was back when roller coaster tycoon (the first one) still cause lag and massive ram usage on computers...
Peterssidan
I have read about it and it looks kind of good. I love theme hospital so there but I think that this game is a bit different but I think I will try it soon.
Nutteloos
The first five minutes, this really has the Theme Hospital feel to it. After that, it's a disappointment. If you played Theme Hospital, don't bother with this.

They replaced all the useful features (like: editing waiting lines, heating, setting wages, etc.) with relationships. Yes, you can actually tell that doctor to flirt with the nurse. Yes, it gets old after the first two tries. Maybe sooner. No, it doesn't impact the game at all.

And to top that, the AI is sucky at least. My decontaminators stood in their room constantly chatting up to each other while an infected patient was slowly dying right in front of them. They just didn't notice her. One of my staff rooms was in some sort of alternate universe where I could decorate it, but noone could use it nor could I delete it.

And lastly, it's WAY too easy. The 'story mode' is not only a very lame attempt at making fun of hospital series like Grey's Anatomy or ER but it can be finished in 4 hours, possibly less.

(and the humor is totally lame, to top that. That suspicous doctor is just grabbing a drink. OR IS HE? Nope, just thirsty. OR ISN"T HE?)

I've had it with this game, after just a few hours of playing. I'm going to reinstall Theme Hospital now.
achowles
I remember Theme Hospital. That was utterly fantastic. But then most Bullfrog games were. They're missed.

As for Hospital Tycoon, from what I've just read it was bugged to hell and back and wasn't properly finished before release. Shame really, as it looked like it had serious potential. It's not going to get patched either so I'm not even going to try it.

I'd recommend getting Theme Hospital if you can find a copy.
bickers
Man, Theme Hospital. That's a game I've got to try and find sometime again. So many great memories of the diseases and people, and just how off the wall everything was. I also played Theme Park back in the day (before I ever saw any Roller Coaster Tycoon games, heh), and I had fun with that game too, although it seemed very buggy at times.
wabik90
I haven't played it, but i think I'll try because sounds interesting. I have played some other tycoon(Zoo Tycoon is pretty nice) and I like this type of games because it's different than other shooters, RPGs and ....
ddukki
I never knew there was an actual game devoted to Hospital management. Got to see it to believe it, I guess. I'll look it up definitely, because I loved Zoo Tycoon.
Kitten Kong
Oh my god did they totally screw this game up or what!? You cannot help but compare this game with Theme Hospital, the classic Bullfrog title and in every aspect this game comes in short.

The campaign game is an absolute joke, a whole bunch of absolutely half-arsed story in which you see a single line of text display for far too long on short sentences and far too short on many long sentences while the characters on the screen continue with their completely unco random animations.

The game missions were way too easy, they give you a complete hospital and one maybe two things for you to actually do before you sit and wait for the time to run out and the patients to be cured and leave.

There is far more I can say about this complete piece of garbage but I've just finished installing Theme Hospital, time to go cleanse my brain of this disturbance.
soccerplaya2090
ive never heard of this game where did you get it?
it sounds like it could be fun. id like to try it out get back at me where you got it. and if theres some demo somewhere
noobz
I have Hospital Tycon and think its realy cool, but it was a little expensive for that type of game.. it was a great graphic and easy to begin...
Nutteloos
If you've ever played Theme Hospital, don't even bother with this game. Just grab the old one back out of the box and actually have some fun. And save yourself the 30 bucks it currently costs out here.