FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Incomplete .rar files

deemon
I have downloaded six .rar files of a movie from www.megaupload.com but the last one, that is, the seventh .rar file has expired. I can not find the seventh file anywhere else. Is there any way to extract six files so that I should be able to watch the movie?
I know that the movie would be incomplete because of the missing seventh file but still it would be worth watching since I have worked hard in downloading the first six files.
I would be grateful for any suggestions.
MrBlueSky
Have a look at this: http://usenethelp.abmefaq.net/WinRar.html#IncompleteView
jackill
Or simply check "Skip errors" or sth in options. I don't remember exactly what it was, because I'm using now 7zip Smile It's very usefil feature while unpacking rar'ed movies and one part from 80 is missing Very Happy
kizarop

tick "keep broken files" and should work
deemon
Thanks kizarop it worked.
The method you showed is helpful when the last .rar file is missing, but what if the middle file is missing and I have the rest of the files?
Kporibe
You can extract and view incomplete .rar files, however note that the resulting file will be incomplete (it could be particularly annoying if you are extracting a movie, as you may not get to see the end). Anyway all you need to do is rename the incomplete file so that the filename ends with .rar instead of .rar.part, once you have done this start extracting the file to your desktop. Note that as soon as the extraction begins a .avi (for AVI files) file is created on your desktop, you can pause the extraction at any time and copy the .avi file from your desktop to another location. Also note that the higher the percentage of extraction completion, the more complete your resulting file would be. All the best.
tamilparks
same error came for me also
FunDa
I think the Video LAN player VLC can play incomplete rar files.

Sometimes, it is useful to play something while it is still downloading even.

Try using VLC

It even repairs the file table so that it plays all the video it can find in the file
michael12345
interesting, thx, good to know