FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I bought a Wii

mattchun
You know it does not focus on the visual effect but the gaming experience, I'm now in a craze of Wii Sports...
QrafTee
mattchun wrote:
You know it does not focus on the visual effect but the gaming experience, I'm now in a craze of Wii Sports...

Titles to look forward to:
Metroid Prime 3
Nights
No More Heroes
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Titles that might be very good:
Final Fantasy - Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Sadness
McDucque
You gotta try out Warioware: Smooth Moves

It's the most fun I've had just picking up and playing a game and a really uses the wii-mote to a rediculous amount of Fun-i-tude.
TarsajumaClan
Take a look at these, I found them helpful

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles Preview
Mario Party 8 Review
gtherockgod
I've been seriously considering getting a Wii. It just seems like so much fun haha and nintendo's got all the sweet game franchises.

I've got a 360 now, but i also want a PS3 if the price ever comes down. Man, I dunno what im gonna do i'm not made of money Laughing
Yantaal
if you got a 36-0 you really dont need a ps3, its more or less the same thing and so far almost all of the games that are out on the ps3 can be played on any other console, losers.
Flakky
Yantaal wrote:
if you got a 36-0 you really dont need a ps3, its more or less the same thing and so far almost all of the games that are out on the ps3 can be played on any other console, losers.
GoW? Wink
vonboy
i got a wii about a month ago. it's a realy good system, but i havn't played it mush lately because i don't have enough money to buy another game, and wiisports gets boring after a while.
aznhomieboi1689
I love my Wii, I keep playing Twilight Princess all the time, even though, I've played a billion of times already.
evilryu530
wii is awesome, im glad u got it!!!! sweet!!!!
driftingfe3s
I don't even play with my Wii anymore. There is only a handfull of good games for it and you can't keep playing the same games over and over without getting bored. I'm just waiting for mario strikers and brawl to come out in how ever many months they decide to relase them and then I can dust off my Wii and start playing some games agian.
kingtendo
Yeah wii is awsome, has anyone played or bought Mario Party 8? its out next week in the Uk and i'm wondering if i should get it or not. Some reviews say that it is not very good, what do you people think?
TarsajumaClan
kingtendo wrote:
Yeah wii is awsome, has anyone played or bought Mario Party 8? its out next week in the Uk and i'm wondering if i should get it or not. Some reviews say that it is not very good, what do you people think?

Our reviewer said it had to many problems... I think I posted a link earlier in this thread...
vonboy
well, theres people loved the game, and people who hated it's guts. my suggestion is rent it first or better yet play it at a friends house to see if you like it or not.
Osmodius
Flakky wrote:
GoW? Wink

Sucks, and he said almost. Would've been a better point to bring up MGS4 Wink
LostOverThere
Is it just me or does any else completely disagree with the Red Steel reviews?

Its a fantastic game in my opinion, I love it! Smile
vonboy
well i havn't played it yet, so i can't say. what i realy wanna play on the wii is the godfather and super paper mario.

and hey lost Laughing
xorcist
You should go and get Madden for the Wii It is real good. Call of Duty is a good game but I played it and beat it quick I dont know if its because it was the only game I had for the Wii. Also the newest Mario Party I heard was real good to play but I have not tried that one out yet. You should definately try those games I mentioned.
hlavco
My college roommate got a Wii. It was a lot of fun with Wii Sports and WarioWare. I'm still amazed at how similarly the ball acts in the game to when I'm actually bowling.

We're getting a Wii sometime later this summer, I can't wait. I'm hoping to try that new Paper Mario game.
QrafTee
LostOverThere wrote:

Really? Because Ubisoft admitted to "rushing Wii titles" because they saw the potential of the Wii a little too late and that caused Red Steel to fall in quality.
runereference
peoples

what are your best tennis score

mine is 2284xp

lol
McDucque
I dont remember my scores offhand, I dont have my Wii anymore sadly.

I know I made Pro on everything though =P
vonboy
i suck t wii sports for some reason. i only have pro in boxing. my tennies score is only like 900.

i don't get i. aaaaalmost everybody was saying that the game was so easy, but i could barly get pro. when you start, it's easy, but at like 700 the AI starts to get hard for me. do i suck? Embarassed
mattchun
Hey dude, how you feel like it?
runereference
i have some questions
Quote:
I dont have my Wii anymore sadly.

Why dont you have your wii anymore???

Quote:
I know I made Pro on everything though =P
&
Quote:
i only have pro in boxing

how do you guys get pro on boxing??? I have pro in every wii sports game except for boxing???

to answer my question could you please tell me
1. what strategies do you use
2. why cant i hit the guy when he is leaning

like lol all the AI guy does is lean to the side and nomater what i do i cant hit him.

I dont think im very stupid or anything i have over 1500xp in everything but boxing

please help me lol
Kelcey
The Wii is fun. I hope you enjoy it!
LostOverThere
QrafTee wrote:
LostOverThere wrote:

Really? Because Ubisoft admitted to "rushing Wii titles" because they saw the potential of the Wii a little too late and that caused Red Steel to fall in quality.

It may not be perfect but its still awesomely fun! Smile
enygmasoft
I have a Wii and I still have not finished zelda or wii sports.
ShawnKelfonne
Resident Evil 4 has been a ridiculous amount of fun on the Wii so far. Aiming is fairly easy now that I just point at the guy and shoot. Even though I've played through the game already on Gamecube, it's still fun with another go around.
Patriot Players
I so want a Wii, I really should get one. The day Metroid or SSB comes out will probly be the day I get mine.
eday2010
I still can't find a Wii. They are always sold out. In the Flyers yesterday, Futureshop and Zellers both advertised them, but said they only had 20 per store. And I wasn't about to go and line up for one. When they become more plentiful, I will get one.

Sure, the graphics don't match the PS3 or 360, but the games look like a hell of a lot of fun, and that's what it's all about Very Happy
headie
Am I the only one looking foward to Rayman Raving Rabbids 2? I loved the first one and the second looks even better. It's going to be Wii exclusive too.

And does anybody know about this new game for the Wii called "Carnival Games?"
gametap
A game that you may wanna look out for is Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess...

It's fun yet has many flaws...

Easy
Short
Cheesy Side Quests
Bosses are fun but Zant is waaay to easy for it's consideration in the story line....
Ganondorf (last boss) was really easy that I expected... I thought that the boss in OOT (Ocarina of Time) was a lot harder than this one...

Overall: Disappointed with it but it's still fun to play...
cybernytrix
I'm not a hard core gamer, but even I bought one. My only wish was that it put out 720p signal...
BTW Nintendo is giving away wiimote jackets:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/jacket/jacketrequest.jsp

Make sure you get one!
enygmasoft
I got mine unusually late, since I have owned every single Nintendo System Since the Super Nintendo on its realease date. I finally got about 3 months after its realease and I had the good fortune of getting the last one in stock the day I decided to get it. Good fortune for me I guess.
SuperLala
Super Smash Brothers Brawl coming out has been delayed. Sad
hofodomo01
haha there's a "house wii" in my college dorm floor. even though it's a wii, the only thing we really play on it is super smash bros melee...
medievalman26
Twilight Princess is a good game but I still like Wii sports and Mario Party out of all the games I have played.
dirkvb
I've also got a wii.
It hasn't got the graphics of a ps3 but is stil quit good.
But the graphics are forgotten when you get the wiimote in your hand.
Its something special, something extremely different.
I've got nfs carbon, very good game, only the last race is to difficult for me.
Also Far cry is very good, i've got a second wiimote and nunchuk so i can play against my friends, i blow them away.

Wii rules
eday2010
I got one for christmas, and you're right. The graphics are still great, but you don't really pay attention to them when you are playing.
enygmasoft
Wii rules in my book. It has enough goodness under the hood to make me graphically giddy. I really am becoming fond of the new ways to use the controls being invented, with every great release. This is the best way to play in my opinion.
Whong
enygmasoft wrote:
Wii rules in my book. It has enough goodness under the hood to make me graphically giddy. I really am becoming fond of the new ways to use the controls being invented, with every great release. This is the best way to play in my opinion.

I agree. The only negative thing I've experienced with Wii was when one of my friends accidentally smashed our hallroom light with the Wii remote... That wasn't very pleasent, to pick up all that broken glass from the floor. Sad

But Wii is great. It just shows how much people get into the game that they don't even realize that they might break something... Very Happy
QrafTee
Whong wrote:
enygmasoft wrote:

I agree. The only negative thing I've experienced with Wii was when one of my friends accidentally smashed our hallroom light with the Wii remote... That wasn't very pleasent, to pick up all that broken glass from the floor. Sad

But Wii is great. It just shows how much people get into the game that they don't even realize that they might break something... Very Happy

Your friend must've felt pretty dumb, hahahahaha! I would've killed my friend if... I mean... yelled at my friend if he ever did that.
Fire Boar
runereference wrote:
to answer my question could you please tell me
1. what strategies do you use
2. why cant i hit the guy when he is leaning

like lol all the AI guy does is lean to the side and nomater what i do i cant hit him.

I dont think im very stupid or anything i have over 1500xp in everything but boxing

please help me lol

Easy. The strategy is to keep on pummelling him until he goes down. If he leans, lean with him, and you'll be able to hit.
eday2010
QrafTee wrote:
Whong wrote:
enygmasoft wrote:

Your friend must've felt pretty dumb, hahahahaha! I would've killed my friend if... I mean... yelled at my friend if he ever did that.

He must have felt dumb because he IS dumb. First, he should have been wearing the wrist strap, and second, you wouldn't let go of a PS3 controller, so why let go oe a Wii one?
enygmasoft
eday2010 wrote:
QrafTee wrote:
Whong wrote:
enygmasoft wrote:

He must have felt dumb because he IS dumb. First, he should have been wearing the wrist strap, and second, you wouldn't let go of a PS3 controller, so why let go oe a Wii one?

I know what you mean, I was playing tennis and was impressed at the rock solid construction behind the WII controllers. I was smacking the ball, being tall not a good thing in a living room. I smacked the WII as hard as I could into the wall. Won the tennis match, but almost broke my controller doing it.
pjfa
one of the best game on Wii is Zelda... a real must have !
dirkvb
Wii rules, i've also have a wii.

Great console much better as the ps3, yes it don't have got the graphics but the gameplay is new and better.

I've got Mario Party 8, lots of fun, I can stop playing it, even my sisters won't to play the game (so it means it's a very good game).

Greetz
enygmasoft
eday2010 wrote:
I still can't find a Wii. They are always sold out. In the Flyers yesterday, Futureshop and Zellers both advertised them, but said they only had 20 per store. And I wasn't tabout to go and line up for one. When they become more plentiful, I will get one.

Sure, the graphics don't match the PS3 or 360, but the games look like a hell of a lot of fun, and that's what it's all about Very Happy

I know what you mean. I was lucky to get the last one when I was down at my local gamestop, with no intentions of buying it, but It smacked me in the face, when I walked in. It was mocking me to buy it, so I had no choice but to listen.
oskuro
I have:

wii play
wii sports
rayman rabing rabbids
resident evil
red steel
mario kart Cool
eday2010
I have:

Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
Elebits
Endless Ocean
Geometry Wars Galaxies
Link's Crossbow Training
Mercury Meltdown Revolution
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams
Sega Bass Fishing
Sega Superstars Tennis
Sonic and The Secret Rings
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Wii Sports
Wii Play
Zack & Wiki

I also pre-ordered Mario Kart Wii.

I've only really played Super Mario Galaxy and Endless Ocean, though I have tried all the others. I have quite the backlog of games there, and there are a few more coming out before the summer that I plan on getting as well.
ddukki
I'm just glad that you can play Gamecube games on the Wii. It may seem trivial, but that's one of the reasons that I really like this system.
eday2010
Indeed. I also have 2 Gamecube games. There are more good games coming out, plus WiiWare next month...who has time to play all these games???
marrs
The weak U.S. dollar means that a trip across the Pond might just cost you a whole lot more than you're used to. If you do make it to Europe in the near future, you could probably pick up a Wii--but, of course, that will cost you more too. The Dallas Morning News had an interesting story on how, because of the strong Euro (relative to the dollar, anyway) Nintendo has been shipping more Wii consoles to Europe than to North America.
The good news is that demand is softening in Europe. So rather than let units languish on the shelves while waiting for rich American tourists to pick them up, Nintendo will likely start to increase the supply to North America. One thing the article doesn't explain, and something I've never been able to get clear on, is why has there been a shortage for a system that has been out for nearly a year and a half. No doubt Nintendo likes the hype, but in my opinion, the company missed a golden opportunity to take a tremendous lead over the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Demand is a great thing, but in the console wars, getting that lead early never hurts--especially when you have a system that many consider to have novelty appeal more than anything else.
garionw
I'd like a Wii, but I don't think I would have that much time to play it (Especially at it's price)

I mean 400 (AUS) is good value, but I'll wait until the price reduction
vonboy
if your waiting for a price drop, then you'll probably be waiting for a few years yet. they aren't gonna lower the price any time soon, because that wouldn't help them at all. they are already being mostly sold out, so it won't increase sales much at all.
eday2010
There will be a price drop when the next generation of consoles comes out, which won't
be for a few years. Until then, the Wii will continue selling like hotcakes, and thus
they don't need a pricedrop to stimulate sales. If sales suddenly drop for no apparent
reason, then yeah, a price drop will come. But what are the chances of that happening?
enygmasoft
eday2010 wrote:
I still can't find a Wii. They are always sold out. In the Flyers yesterday, Futureshop and Zellers both advertised them, but said they only had 20 per store. And I wasn't about to go and line up for one. When they become more plentiful, I will get one.

Ebay rules for getting Wii's which where i got mine.
garionw
I suspect they will drop the price/add new colours sometime late this year or early next year

Just as the price of an X-Box (or PS3) drops to the wii's, nintendo will drop their's so that they can remain the cheapest.

I don't mind if I wait a while, the wii would only (unfortunately) collect dust at my house
Whong
Yeah, the price will drop very soon I'd suspect, since the price has stayed at this hight for so long. I think it will soon be on sale for less than 200$. Smile
Fire Boar
I don't know... Nintendo have said that they are struggling to meet demand at the moment, and will not be producing any other colours until the demand for the current white version dies down. I doubt they will be dropping the price with such a high demand either.
vonboy
they wouldn't be droping the price just because microsoft lowered the price of the 360 lower than the wii's price. as long as they are selling out, they will not be lowering the price, period.

EDIT: and welcome to frihost, weareone. hope you enjoy your stay.
enygmasoft
vonboy wrote:
they wouldn't be droping the price just because microsoft lowered the price of the 360 lower than the wii's price. as long as they are selling out, they will not be lowering the price, period.

EDIT: and welcome to frihost, weareone. hope you enjoy your stay.

Nintendo price range was incredibly smart, because it has the biggest bang for the buck in my opinion. The games on the Wii are actually fun, something that has been missing in videogames these days. As much as I enjoy all of the final fantasy games ever made, sadly I these games have never been fun, granted they been becoming more fun over time.