FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Good price for "dot com"

dayveday
Hey all,

My .com is coming up for renewal in the next month or so. The people I'm with used to be very cheap but now are pushing up to $13.95 usd per year.

Can anyone recommend another domain registrar that is cheap and reliable? I'd prefer one which always has good rates (not once-off introduction offers.)

Also, I've got another domain which doesn't expire till next year, but I'd transfer that too if the price was right. Does anyone know exactly how transferring works, and am I better to wait until closer to the expiration of the current registration?

Cheers
Scorpio
dayveday wrote:
Hey all,

My .com is coming up for renewal in the next month or so. The people I'm with used to be very cheap but now are pushing up to $13.95 usd per year.

Can anyone recommend another domain registrar that is cheap and reliable? I'd prefer one which always has good rates (not once-off introduction offers.)

Also, I've got another domain which doesn't expire till next year, but I'd transfer that too if the price was right. Does anyone know exactly how transferring works, and am I better to wait until closer to the expiration of the current registration?

Cheers

One of the better domain registrars out there is Namecheap.com.. I find it very effective. Godaddy is a good one as well..

The rates are around 9$ in both places, which is reasonable..

http://www.namecheap.com/learn/transfer-your-domain/transfer-process.asp

This is the transfer procedure at Namecheap
dude_xyx
I think best one for you is Godaddy.com their normal price is $8.00 for a .com but with promo codes you can get at as low as $6.50. Also they offer you lot of free features too. like you get a free email address for the domain with 25 MB mail box. free hosting and some other great features
lakitna
or otherwise look at google Razz
shkumbin
lakitna wrote:
or otherwise look at google Razz

Don;t be evil Very Happy

Check out http://www.netfirms.com/domain-names/ they are having a sale and you can register or transfer the domain for $4.95
You'll also get an e-mail, a free website builder and some other stuff which probably you wont use.

Cheers
dayveday
Thanks guys! I ended up choosing GoDaddy. NetFirms were a little cheaper, but something weird kept happening with their site!
Scorpio
dayveday wrote:
Thanks guys! I ended up choosing GoDaddy. NetFirms were a little cheaper, but something weird kept happening with their site!

The one thing that I hate with godaddy is the fact that it has too many flashy and stupid ads all over the pages.

Most are ads about godaddy itself, but it is irritating nevertheless
dayveday
Yeah, all those ads were annoying me too - but as they're only my registrar, I figure I only need to go there once a year at most!
dream
isn't netfirms good domain provider?
do they have any hidden charges?
I'm planning to buy 5 to 6 domains from netfirms. so pls guide me
daviosoftware
Hello guys, I was wondering if there are out there some free domain registrars. I found something like this but they forced me to fill some surveys. That didn’t work. So if they gave some free domains that means there could be more. If you know someone please let me know! Thanks
burqe
Hello every one,

I have purchased my domain from netfirms and they have no hidden charges and signup is pretty instant and easy. The only problem they have is that thier control panel is slow and DNS propagation easily takes 2.5 - 3 days. I have heard that some other registrars have better DNS propogation but if this is not an issue, netfirms is best.

For free domain, I don't think any one is providing a .com, .net or some other TLD domain for free. You can get good subdomains from,

www.freedomain.co.nr
www.smartdots.com

More to the list when I remember.

Regards
Haris Mushtaq
J-Evil
I have 2 domains myself and I register mine through lowcostdomains.org. it only costs $9.14 USD for a .com domain per year
web_harman
well i bought my first domain www.ebizarnia.com back in nov 2006 for $8.75 per year... from www.wayinfotech.com

but from this thread i have come accross good offers..
thanks
gerpg
Domain names for a (dot)com can start at $7-12US a year.

Try heading to <a href="surfspeedy.com">Surf Speedy</a> I belive they are currently selling domains at $7.95US

Hope this helps,
Louis.
Newnone
is godaddy good? For i just want to register a domain name. Well the host generally must be honest and not have too many ads over the place. i heard about domaindirect. have anyone heard about them?
gerpg
I took a brief look at 'Go Daddy' its looks like a reliable site to register a domain with, there pricing plans extend and allow you to buy up to 500 domain names in bulks so its a very comercial site. It may be worth enquiring how you manage DNS etc...

Louis.