FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Heritage

Bannik
Hey guys I wonder if anyone can help me out or we can help each other out, I am sorta in a phase right now where I want to research my family and well basially my serach leads me too Illinois America.

basically 2 people came to Illinois america with my fathers last name....where or who could I contact in Illinois to check ther records or find out if they have family of their own (they came to america in 20 May 1888)

also discuss how your family hunts are going and what intersting things you have found out.

I'll start, I have family in Germany and apparently there are some in America and some roots tracing back to Cossaks and I have a Town with the same name as my surname....could that mean anything?
crdowner
You can use a service like Ancestry.com to look for records in Illinois. Most of these "services" do come at a cost. Ancestry.com has lots of individual records sets for various date ranges and/or locations. You can also subscribe to an all inclusive package. I think the all inclusive package is around $250 dollars for 1 year of access.

Researching family information can be a daunting task. I have been piecing together information for several years. I have found that cemeteries can provide a good deal of information. I also found that headstones are often incorrect. You'd think people would take extra care to get a headstone correct!