FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bondings, What is Going on with the Directory?

Scorpio
I looked at the directory and I find that among all the featured sites listed there, only One Site has done any bidding and that is Sirius Black's.

All the other sites have a bid of ZERO frih$ and they are featured there. I placed a 50 Frih$ bid and I am nowhere to be found.

Also, Frihost.com is occupying the top 3 places...

I just want to know if the directory is open to the users or is it that you have something else in mind>

Please do clarify this at the earliest
Jaan
There is Something Seriously Stuffed So Save yourSelves from Teh DIRECTORY.

Who gives? It's just a directory...
vinx_18
It might not be with the point system or on how much you have bid. It is with bondings who among of us or what he will put on the Top 11 directory. But I think scorpio should have been there.. if I may suggest. It will encourage everyone. Smile
coolclay
Wow that is really strange, I wonder what is going on. I have the last spot on the list, but after I bid 20frih$ I didn't move up either, even above those that had 0. There is definitely something weird. Maybe Bondings decided to use the directory for something different now?
Scorpio
Actually most of the sites on the Top 11 or whatever are mod or admin owned sites and only mathiaus of siriusblacks has bid 50 Frih$

The rest have bid nothing. Also in the specific categories, though I am the highest bidder in my category I am currently at 15th place or something like that.
Bockman
Scorpio wrote:
Actually most of the sites on the Top 11 or whatever are mod or admin owned sites and only mathiaus of siriusblacks has bid 50 Frih$

The rest have bid nothing. Also in the specific categories, though I am the highest bidder in my category I am currently at 15th place or something like that.

As far as i know there has been a problem with mysql and that has caused severall problems. The directory is one of the affected items, but not the only one.

Scorpio, are you trying to imply that this has been done by the staff or Bondings on purpose? to publicize our sites? Do you really think ANY of us would do that?
This coming from a long time member who knows almost all of us is both astonishing and saddening....

Oh and btw.. I am not seeing any website owned by a member apart from Sirius Black's on top 11.

Actually, most of the site's I'm seeing there don't even work.
Scorpio
Bockman wrote:
Scorpio wrote:

As far as i know there has been a problem with mysql and that has caused severall problems. The directory is one of the affected items, but not the only one.

Scorpio, are you trying to imply that this has been done by the staff or Bondings on purpose? to publicize our sites? Do you really think ANY of us would do that?
This coming from a long time member who knows almost all of us is both astonishing and saddening....

Oh and btw.. I am not seeing any website owned by a member apart from Sirius Black's on top 11.

Actually, most of the site's I'm seeing there don't even work.

I was not trying to imply that Bondings did it on purpose. It is just that there has been no announcement regarding any problems with mysql or anything else and so, suddenly seeing this was surprising

Also, I was wondering why Bondings even needed to include frihost.com in the directory(generally, I am not talking about the Featured sites) .. Only people who were already knowing about frihost would visit the directory anyway and it does not even have a dofollow enabled
Bondings
Scorpio, the frihost.com websites were/are just for testing purposes. The problem is that suddenly mysql doesn't accept any order by instructions if the name is between single quotes, like "ORDER BY 'date'". I'll try to fix it as soon as I find some time. Currently it's a default order which might change depending on the mysql cache/previous queries (I think).
Blaster
wow there have been a lot of MYSQL problems. Is there a reason for this? Like did something go wrong or something?
Scorpio
Bondings wrote:
Scorpio, the frihost.com websites were/are just for testing purposes. The problem is that suddenly mysql doesn't accept any order by instructions if the name is between single quotes, like "ORDER BY 'date'". I'll try to fix it as soon as I find some time. Currently it's a default order which might change depending on the mysql cache/previous queries (I think).

Thanks for the reply.. I was wondering if upgrading the mysql would fix these errors or minimise them?
James007
Moved to Frihost Support.

m-productions
I do hope this gets fixed soon, I just put 20 frih$ on mine.. (almost put 50 more) good thing I didnt.. i really want my list to be #1
Bondings
I fixed it now. My apologies about the delay/problem. Please check if everything is working fine again - at least it seems so to me.
m-productions
yes, it is now working like a charm, thank you for your time in fixing this!
Scorpio
Bondings wrote:
I fixed it now. My apologies about the delay/problem. Please check if everything is working fine again - at least it seems so to me.

First, thank you Bondings for taking the time to fix it.

But the individual site listing pages like this one
http://www.frihost.com/directory/site-233.php

are showing the old Top 11 sites with the 3 Frihost sites even now.
Bondings
Scorpio wrote:
Bondings wrote:

First, thank you Bondings for taking the time to fix it.

But the individual site listing pages like this one
http://www.frihost.com/directory/site-233.php

are showing the old Top 11 sites with the 3 Frihost sites even now.

Thanks. I skipped that one apparently.
Blaster
also just a quick note this is a global MySQL error. This seems to be happening a lot of places. So it wouldn't surprise me if your experiencing it also. The way to fix this bondings told me was this

Quote:
It's mysql that doesn't accept single quotes in the order by clause and started to ignore the order by thing when there are single quotes. So "ORDER BY 'date'" won't be working anymore, while "ORDER BY date" will.
James007
Blaster, didn't Bondings already say that in this topic? Who are you talking to? This topic IS about the frihost MySQL-problems.
mathiaus
Besides, no-one should be using single quotes on field names anyway. Either use no marks or `
Blaster
@ James

The reason i posted what i did was to let other users know how to fix it. Bondings only pointed out the problem.