FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

install USB device

Talk2Tom11
I was trying to install a new Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000 on my Computer.

Windows XP Pro 64-bit
2GB ram
500GB Hard Drive
Athlon 64 x2 4400

When i first plugged the camera in it tried finding drivers and then asked me where i wanted to search and stuff like that.

However the software on the CD said to unplug the camera until it asks for it to be plugged in. SO i did that.

However, now when I plug in the camera it sees new hardware and then automatically tells me it had a problem installing it.

This camera is 64-bit compatible... and I installed it on a laptop so I know that the camera isn't broken.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a way for me to completely wipe clean from the machine any info that lets it know that i have ever plugged it in before.

Because it seems to have a history of knowing that it doesn't work and just goes right to that.

Thanks.
internetjobs
first you instal setup files, then plug your webcamera, then only it automatically install drivers...

there will be one applicaiton and drivers will be in the driver cd..
install that first, then only you want to flug..

dont plug the webcam before installation...
froginabox
Look for an uninstall program for the Logitek drivers, and uninstall them, and then make sure you follow the directions to the letter. If it still doesn't work, I would call Logitek. Also make sure you are using the 64-bit drivers and not 32-bit drivers by accident.
netgalorecafe
first, install your cam driver and if it says you need to plug your cam, then do it so.

If you plug in your cam before, be sure to empty your temporary files before you install the driver.