FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Travian

Battlefront
anyone play travian here , and if you do on wich servers?
wabik90
Hi, I play Travian, but polish version on server 6. I like this game, it's nice, and it's not too difficult. Cool
soulman
I play travian, but I am in chinese server 2.

how is the population you guys have?
Ghengis
I'm on S7 and Speed -- Ghengis in both cases. Look me up if you'd like to join an alliance.

I like the game, but I find it really irritating that one of the most important features -- queuing orders -- is reserved for paying members. It's fun for a while, but it gets *so* irritating to have to log in literally like 10 times a day just to issue a stupid build order. I have so many resources I'm hitting my warehouse caps because I can't keep builds going...
Boffel
I played Travian on the norwegian server before. My clan was on top list 10, but for some reason all guys stopped to play, and we went to rank 24...

After that I was bored of travian, and stoped to play it. But it was very fun in the start. (Specialy in the beta time, because then we could build much faster) Laughing

So now I doesnt play anything at all...
ShawnKelfonne
I've got a city on US Server 2.
soulman
I heard that Speed server have a brand new race? is that true?
Ghengis
When I started my speed character, there were still the original 3 choices. I'll let you know if they've added one; I marked my current account for deletion this morning.

I'd like to make a note to prospective new players: check where the people around you are from. It's in their profile. I started next to somebody from Thailand, who is a Plus player (they do better because they can make a build queue, but it costs money), who had gotten a head start of a day or two. He farmed me for weeks, and has recently started to destroy my buildings. I pull in over a thousand resources per hour, but I can't babysit my account long enough to build my buildings back up before he launches another attack, so I'm going to make a new city and hope I don't land next to some jerk who speaks no English.
soulman
Ghengis wrote:
When I started my speed character, there were still the original 3 choices. I'll let you know if they've added one; I marked my current account for deletion this morning.

I'd like to make a note to prospective new players: check where the people around you are from. It's in their profile. I started next to somebody from Thailand, who is a Plus player (they do better because they can make a build queue, but it costs money), who had gotten a head start of a day or two. He farmed me for weeks, and has recently started to destroy my buildings. I pull in over a thousand resources per hour, but I can't babysit my account long enough to build my buildings back up before he launches another attack, so I'm going to make a new city and hope I don't land next to some jerk who speaks no English.

Why this player use "nuclear weapon" (what we called siege-weapons in CN server) to you? Well, since you cannot communicate with him by English, there's no way to stop the Seige. Maybe it's a good decision to build another city...

Here, in CN server, unless there's a war between two alliances, players don't use siege weapon to harm anothers.

But I heard there's new race of Persia in foreign server, I don't know which one...
chris20
I played a while ago on s3 and s7, but I don't think those servers are around anymore. That game was pretty addicting and took up a lot of my time. Had to stop or I would've been fired.

My one friend plays it non stop, he should probably stop too. It is a lot of fun though of course, so I don't think I could get him to stop.
Peterssidan
I play the swedish version of travian (server 2). It's not much action but it takes not so much time to play so I don't mind.
Nutteloos
I've played this for a short while on one of the Dutch servers. In the beginning it looked like it was decent enough for just ten minutes or so per day, but when you're nearing 5 cities the game becomes very demanding. It's almost impossible to properly manage a large army without the premium 'queue' function.
Ghengis
Every time I play on Speed, I get farmed like no tomorrow -- seriously, 10 or 12 attacks per day. This time, I built a ton of crannies (6 so far), which has helped, but even when they get 0 resources and lose a few troops for 2 or 3 attacks in a row, they keep farming. I don't know what else to do, but build yet more crannies.

It's pretty frustrating to play without a Gold account...
pikachu25
Sever 2 on US

My captil is Westerville Very Happy

I am part of the WF
Zombie
my friend plays this game, it's not graphically attractive, therefore I havent tried it .... yet
nivre
yeah i played 3 servers for now. Out of those 3, we won two servers and lost one giving a close fight to another alliance. But mostly i will take a break from playing this game. Its very time consuming and you need to wake up every now and then to move your army for raids and attacks especially end game, also it consume money if you play with gold. Mostly, its very strategic and best team work. Being a player for those 3 servers, its totally a good experience meeting with someone around the globe. Also, you need to be active in the game to maintain good relationship with your alliance and those player around you.
ayour
i am on the third moroccan server
danway60
I've played on loads of servers.
Currently I'm only interesting in using UK servers as these are quicker to load because I live in the UK and mostly everyone speaks english Razz

I think Travian has a real downfall though. If you are a small player just starting off, and other players are able to grow quicker than you, and then they raid you, you can't do anything.
I think Travian needs to implement things such as a limit to the number of times you can be attacked by a person.

Does anyone have advice on how to stop being raided so much. I don't mind building crannies and walls, but when you need more resources than the crannies can hold you have to build up the wharehouse and then you get raided more because you are giving away more resources.
It also annoyed me the way that Tuetons get more resourcecs and the enemies cranny holds less.

I spose I should really start making troops at the beginning of the game and raid everyone before they raid me. Razz
mathiaus
I used to play travian. I stopped ages ago though due to the lack of time I had available.

If the old Frihost alliance is still going, I would recommend joining that. being in an alliance/team/group (whatever you want to call them) should generally decrease your chances of being attacked.
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-40306.html
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-42047.html
Nutteloos
I used to play Travian on a Dutch server in actually quite a good alliance. It was small, but we did surprisingly well. Then the round ended and I found that it took way too much of my time. It was fun while I still had 3 or less villages but after that it became more and more of a logistic nightmare and/or time sink. Eventually just managing the resource flow between the villages took me 20-30 minutes per day, and then I hadn't attacked anything yet!
smvh321
many nights in front a pc.... eheheh
Firilacroco
I don't like this game at all. I play Tribal Wars instead. Wink