FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

AMD Athlon(tm) XP 900 Mhz - how to get 1.45Ghz ????

oleszka
I updated BIOS and after that all options became default.
I don't understand anything in BIOS but I remeber that before CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) XP was around 1.79 Ghz but now it's just 900Mhz
what I should do to get it back? I mean 1.79 Ghz.
Quote:
BIOS Date: 02/03/04
BIOS Type: Phoenix-Award BIOS v6.00PG
BIOS ID: 02/03/2004-nVidia-nForce-A7N8XÄXC
OEM Sign-On: ASUS A7N8X-X ACPI BIOS Rev 1009
Chipset: Unknown
Superio: Unknown
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 900 Mhz MAX: 3000 Mhz
BIOS ROM In Socket: Yes
BIOS ROM Size: 256K
Memory Installed: 1280 MB
Memory Maximum: 1536 MB
Memory Slot 01: 256 MB
Memory Slot 02: 1024 MB
Memory Slot 03: 0 MB
irishmark
Check your motherboard manual to see if ther is a cut off on the cpu.

If there is and its on then this may sort you out.
Med365
What's the FSB ? WHat's the multiplier ? Did you overclock your CPU ?
oleszka
Med365 wrote:
What's the FSB ? WHat's the multiplier ? Did you overclock your CPU ?

yes FSB! it was 133... and i began to increase so now it's 200
so now i have 1.79Ghz
is it enough? or i should change smth else?
Bones
You want to set it at the proper setting for your cpu. Which Athlon XP do you have? If you set it too high, you can cook your cpu, especially with poor cooling.
oleszka
Bones wrote:
You want to set it at the proper setting for your cpu. Which Athlon XP do you have? If you set it too high, you can cook your cpu, especially with poor cooling.

hmm I see... i attached report by EVEREST of my motherboard. Plz, check

http://senduit.com/4a5bc9
mystzero
Since you've managed to get the clock speed back to 1.79Ghz, there's nothing wrong. And, you are using an Athlon XP 2200+ processor with 9 HTT links and 200Mhz FSB. Hence, you will get a total effective clock speed of ~1.8Ghz.

Anyway, from the report, i can see that your AGP acceleration has been disabled. Did you installed the GART(Graphics Address Remapping Table) drivers?
oleszka
mystzero wrote:
Since you've managed to get the clock speed back to 1.79Ghz, there's nothing wrong. And, you are using an Athlon XP 2200+ processor with 9 HTT links and 200Mhz FSB. Hence, you will get a total effective clock speed of ~1.8Ghz.

Anyway, from the report, i can see that your AGP acceleration has been disabled. Did you installed the GART(Graphics Address Remapping Table) drivers?

In EVEREST help I read:
Quote:
18. On the Motherboard / Chipset page, the AGP rate is lower than the maximum supported, or even the AGP seems to be completely disabled. How to fix this?

It can be because motherboard chipset drivers have not yet been installed, or you the AGP video card in the system is incapable of AGP texturing (e.g. 3Dfx Voodoo Banshee or Voodoo3). Or it's simply a PCI video card. To solve the driver problem, it is recommended to first install the motherboard chipset driver, and after that to install the driver for the video card.

as I understood I should install video driver. So I had done it already, I think it's problem of EVEREST to show wrong info.
hm at first I installed video driver and just then for motherboard... hm... so i should do vice versa?
Med365
When you bought your computer what was the original CPU Clock ?
oleszka
Med365 wrote:
When you bought your computer what was the original CPU Clock ?

actually I don't know.. some people helped us to tune it (not sure if this word is right)... just know that before i updated BIOS it was 1.79 Ghz
Donutey
It's probably not running at 900Mhz, download CPUZ (google) and run it and see what it says.
oleszka
Donutey wrote:
It's probably not running at 900Mhz, download CPUZ (google) and run it and see what it says.

I downloaded CPUZ, so here is report http://senduit.com/8d2952