FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Photoshop CS2 to CS3, it worth it?

It worth the money?
Yes
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
No
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

Tartaglia
To upgrade CS2 to CS3 you have to pay $199, or to upgrade to extended from Photoshop CS2, you have to pay $349.
If anyone here has tried CS3 and CS2, do you think it is worth the upgrade?

I don't think it is really worth it, but one thing I do like about CS3 more than CS2, the menus around the screen have a new system, so they never get in the way when working on the image.
KatanaSky
Honestly, I have never tried Photoshop CS2 or CS3 (with the exception of a free trial for CS2) I am currently using a very old version: 7.0 (but I think it still gets the job done). I think that CS2 isn't actually better - it's just a lot easier to use - better convenience I guess. I still have yet to see what CS3 is like.
silverdown
I have CS2 , i never new there was a CS3 , might upgrade it since i know!
jackill
Propably CS3 is better optimised than CS2, but CS2 or CS is very good too, but cheaper, so... Wink
photoflashCS3
I had Flash CS2 then got CS3 and I think the brush tool works
alot better Laughing and as for photoshopCS3 I dont use it
much but in both flash and photoshop they both look nicer
my photoshopCS3 ex is having poblems with the Text tool Crying or Very sad
PanicZone
CS3 Is A Lot Better In My Opinion As I Have Got It So I Say Yes You Should Upgrade It Is A Bit Extra To Pay But That Doesnt Matter. Last Word (Upgrade)
lordwarlord
if i were u i wont buy it because it wont update that much CS2 is very good CS3 is not that much better
SgtGarcia
its only worth the money if you're really going to use the new features. Of course there are a lot of improvents made, but i'm not convinced that they are worth the money
noobcola
It's only worth it if you're a pro graphic designer, otherwise just stay with CS2.

Personally, I wouldn't even download CS3 even though I can for free.
aningbo
i've tried cs3 but kinda slow and so if u are not running on high processor and RAM, u may be asking for trouble after installing.

KatanaSky, photoshop7 sucks as compared to cs2 and so please dont compared. CS2 is way better than Photoshop7.

haven't got much difference between cs3 for normal praphics designer like me but yeah i've seen some few filters and brushes... for the pros.
Talk2Tom11
I believe that it is worth the upgrade price.

However if you were to buy it for the first time then I advise getting the CS2 and not the CS3.
dac_nip
The only advantage it has (from what i have read) is that it has support for 3D pictures and videos. it is now more powerful and more encompassing. I haven't tried it though.
Azmo
it's definently worth upgrading! you should go for it!
hack_man_
I don't think it is worth it... all that is different is the colours for the interface... otherwise, it is identical to CS2
mystzero
The most significant difference in CS3 is nonetheless the user interface which includes redesigned workspace. Other than the few new features such as the improvements in handling RAW images, it's definitely not worth the upgrade. The only exception i would say is that if you are using Vista, go for the upgrade as CS2 is quite buggy while running under Vista. From my experience, Photoshop CS2 would just hang when I were to open a PSD file although not always.
driftingfe3s
I've been using CS3 since it came out, and I use it just the same as CS2. I don't think there are any new features that I use from CS3 that aren't in CS2.

You should look up the new features of CS3 and if any of them will increase your workflow greatly, then I think you should update.
THE11thROCK™
Quote:
To upgrade CS2 to CS3 you have to pay $199, or to upgrade to extended from Photoshop CS2, you have to pay $349.
If anyone here has tried CS3 and CS2, do you think it is worth the upgrade?

I don't think it is really worth it, but one thing I do like about CS3 more than CS2, the menus around the screen have a new system, so they never get in the way when working on the image.

The new Interface of PS CS3 is really cool. I think it's now XML based if I'm correct. It's much simpler and the workplace is better. I just kinda hate the bluish overall theme.
darvit
mystzero wrote:
The only exception i would say is that if you are using Vista, go for the upgrade as CS2 is quite buggy while running under Vista. From my experience, Photoshop CS2 would just hang when I were to open a PSD file although not always.

I agree. CS2 won't even work on Vista. Confused On my Vista PC, CS2's canvas has a strange yellowish tint--it's not the monitor. Confused CS2 isn't compatible with Vista. Other than the Vista incompatibility, I think that I would just stick to CS2 on my laptop.
nico.carpentier
i have a intel macbook pro and adobe CS3 is the best upgrade ever ! the workspace, the interface, the optimised speed with intel processors, the links between all the apps (photoshop, illustrator, indesign, dreamweaver, flash, acrobat) and the new features are amazing. definitely !
hack_man_
darvit wrote:
On my Vista PC, CS2's canvas has a strange yellowish tint--it's not the monitor. Confused

Mine does that too, but I am using XP home SP2. It comes up with a message saying that my monitor profile is broken, bull! It comes up with this message during startup, and blatantly tells you that your monitor is broken...
GuitarEssentials
Why not? Isn't new features always a good thing? Razz
Aimewitue
what's are the new features on CS3?
nico.carpentier
Smart Filters
Quick Selection and Refine Edge tools
Advanced compositing
Streamlined interface and palette management
Better raw image processing
Faster, more flexible asset management with Adobe Bridge CS3
Enhanced Vanishing Point
Enhanced 32-bit high dynamic range (HDR) support
Peak performance
Black-and-white conversion
lethaltriad
They both pretty much get the job done I figure since i havent had a chance to play around with CS3 as yet. One thing in it that looks good and would maybe be worth the upgrade for me is that ability to apply Raw edits to Jpeg files. Also i hear the black and white layer is really good.. maybe it could replace my b/w filters. I'll probably upgrade eventually though, I always like having new things Smile

If the extra money is worth the the extra features that you could prob use then go for it by all means