FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

firefox on frihost forum

elcyron
hi there,

i'm experiencing some trouble in this forum. long story short, the PC is slooooow. terribly slooow - even the *knock-knock* of ICQ takes twice as long to play. once i close firefox, everything is back to normal.

i double checked on some other phpbb boards, no trouble there.

any idea?
Hikaru
I'm using Firefox and everything's working perfectly, I don't see where the source of your trouble is coming from if you are accusing Firefox.

You did mention your computer was too slow? I think if you can use Firefox fine on other sites your computer speed shouldn't be affecting this site cause it doesn't take a super computer to run Firefox.
elcyron
the problem is FFrelated, when i minimize FF everything is back to normal.

even closing firefox took over a minute with the forum open.
however now that i disabled all of my addons it works perfectly. so i'll go through them one by one and see which one causes the problem
Maka
It's the flash ads thats causeing it I bet, disable images.
elcyron
wouldn't that be kind of cheating?
i think frihosts needs every banner we see, thats why bannerblockers are stricktly forbidden....

plus, i hve been to sites with dozens of flashbanners and stuf, never had problems. so what's so different here?
yjwong
My Mozilla Firefox lags in http://www.lordt.net/helix
blackant
I doubt it has anything to do with firefox...
It works fine for me as with any other sites I been.

Maybe you want to check with your isp...
Maka
elcyron wrote:
wouldn't that be kind of cheating?
i think frihosts needs every banner we see, thats why bannerblockers are stricktly forbidden....

plus, i hve been to sites with dozens of flashbanners and stuf, never had problems. so what's so different here?

Give it a break the poor person wants to view the forum, they would leave otherwise, so how does your suggestion help, it doesnt *spam*.
James Bamfield
I use firefox and i have no probs but it sometimes slows up on forums. If you download the latest version and open up your bandwith to unlimited it will work much better. Now with bandwidth it depends on who your internet provider is but once i did that my firefox was fine. The way some ISP's work is that they limit the amount of bandwidth you use at one time therefore u do not use your whole bandwidth and because FF uses a high bandwidth i find it sometimes needs to be reset to allow ff to perform to the max.
Deckard
same thing, I used firefox ever since the beta version never had an issue with it. Much faster and overall better.

Are you sure you don't have a spyware / trojan / backdoor ?
elcyron
Maka wrote:

Give it a break the poor person wants to view the forum, they would leave otherwise, so how does your suggestion help, it doesnt *spam*.

erhm, maybe you didn't notice the poor person that started the thread and the one you accused of spamming are identical.
also i dont see the spam in the question what makes this forum special.

Deckard wrote:

same thing, I used firefox ever since the beta version never had an issue with it. Much faster and overall better.

i agree, this is the first trouble i had since it's called firefox.

Deckard wrote:

Are you sure you don't have a spyware / trojan / backdoor ?

as sure as one can be these days...
Maka
Good luck fixing it yourself then Rolling Eyes .
orno
yup seems like a bad extension

disable all extensions once and then try...
waiteck
well.. i am using firefox.. but there seems no trouble in using it.. ?_?