FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Apple iTunes updates

Tony The Tiger
Is there a reason why my iTunes updates always make my software hang up? I just downloaded and installed the lastest iTunes update and now every time I update my iPod my laptop prompts me to open some folders instead just going straight ahead with the synchronization. It should just synchronize the iPod. What do I need to do to avoid this prompt?
badai
easy. use YamiPod

http://www.yamipod.com

i've stopped using itunes years ago, now i've stopped using ipod after i sold mine a year ago.

anything from apple sucks.
jmwarshay
A few questions for your question:
What version of iTunes are you using?
What is your operating system?
What exactly happens when you open it?
Is you iPod connected when you do that?
Do you have any other multimedia software running at the same time?

By the way, if you are have a Windows laptop and cannot use the volume and pause controls (hard buttons) when iTunes is minimized, here is a fix:

In the iTunes folder (probably in Program Files\iTunes), there is a file called iTunesKeyboardCompatibility.dll. Rename it or move it, then create a folder called iTunesKeyboardCompatibility.dll. iTunes will still work, and the volume ccontrols will also work when iTunes is minimized (or not in the foreground). I did this on my laptop.
Tony The Tiger
jmwarshay wrote:
A few questions for your question:
What version of iTunes are you using?
What is your operating system?
What exactly happens when you open it?
Is you iPod connected when you do that?
Do you have any other multimedia software running at the same time?

By the way, if you are have a Windows laptop and cannot use the volume and pause controls (hard buttons) when iTunes is minimized, here is a fix:

In the iTunes folder (probably in Program Files\iTunes), there is a file called iTunesKeyboardCompatibility.dll. Rename it or move it, then create a folder called iTunesKeyboardCompatibility.dll. iTunes will still work, and the volume ccontrols will also work when iTunes is minimized (or not in the foreground). I did this on my laptop.

Let me restate. I am using Windows Vista and iTunes 7.2.0.34. My Canon digital camera Zoombrowser is open. I recently downloaded the new itunes software to my iPod. Afterwards, I began having difficulty synching my iPod. Every time I connect my iPod to my laptop I get an autoplay windowbox for my iPod which it seems to recognize as a hard drive. It gives me two general options choices:

Open folder to view files

Speed up my system.

Neither choice gets me to the point where I can synch my iPod. What setting do I need to change?

Below I also have the option to set autoplay options in the control panel.

"Have nunchucks. Will travel."-JCoC