FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problems with my phpBB2 forum

Bump_on_a_Log08
Basically Ive been trying to set up a forum using phpBB2 like this website. When I try to upload avatars from my computer and/or another URL there is a list of Errors, or more precisely Warnings. If you need to see them, go to the PHP and MySQL forum and look for a topic called "problems with phpBB2 forum."

More importantly though the first warning says something about a restriction on open_basedir. Seeing that I don't know very much php at all, I have no way of knowing what that means. All I could find out was from the phpBB2 FAQ that my webhost (frihost of course) may be setting some sort of restriction on the use of php uploading files due to past security issues with it or some such. All I want to know is if Frihost is, in fact, imposing a similar restriction so I can know whether or not to tell my users (few at the time) to not upload avatars because it will not work.

I'm not complaining, as I can fully understand why there would be such a restriction. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
silverdown
There is no restriction for php files that I know of, I just uploaded php files to my site today. Of course I am on Server 2, it might had happen they disabled something on Server 1 for a short time.

Open_Basedir is apart of the Secuirty & Safe mode configuration.

Refrence site :

http://us2.php.net/features.safe-mode
Bump_on_a_Log08
Sorry but it seems you misunderstood me, its not a problem with uploading php files, its a problem with uploading image files though the file type does not seem to be the problem. Oh and anyways, Im also on Server 2. I also think I might have found the problem in my other topic about this same problem.
Bump_on_a_Log08
OK problem solved.[/b]
Animal
Bump_on_a_Log08 wrote:
OK problem solved.

-close-