FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

problems with phpBB2 forum

Bump_on_a_Log08
I am having problems uploading avatars to my phpBB2 forum which is the same type of forum as the one here on Frihost.

For instance these are the error messages I get when trying to upload an avatar from a URL (I also get error messages when uploading an avatar from my computer but my site redirects me back to my forum index page before I can read all the error messages/copy them to paste here.) :
Code:
Warning: tempnam() [function.tempnam]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/bumponal/:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/var/www/:/usr/local/lib/php/:/etc/virtual/) in /home/bumponal/domains/bumponalogworld.frih.net/public_html/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 170

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bumponal/domains/bumponalogworld.frih.net/public_html/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php:170) in /home/bumponal/domains/bumponalogworld.frih.net/public_html/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 483

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bumponal/domains/bumponalogworld.frih.net/public_html/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php:170) in /home/bumponal/domains/bumponalogworld.frih.net/public_html/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 485

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bumponal/domains/bumponalogworld.frih.net/public_html/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php:170) in /home/bumponal/domains/bumponalogworld.frih.net/public_html/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 486

General Error

Could not write avatar file to local storage. Please contact the board administrator with this message

DEBUG MODE

Line : 179
File : usercp_avatar.php

Sorry if this post isnt in the correct place.
fromegame
Chmod /tmp/ directory to 777
Bump_on_a_Log08
It appears actually that it may be caused by a restriction imposed by Frihost. Because it is a Warning and not an actual Error, It says that there is an open_basedir restriction. If any official moderators or administrators could help me out here it would be much appreciated.
MrBlueSky
Bump_on_a_Log08 wrote:
It appears actually that it may be caused by a restriction imposed by Frihost. Because it is a Warning and not an actual Error, It says that there is an open_basedir restriction. If any official moderators or administrators could help me out here it would be much appreciated.

Code:

Warning: tempnam() [function.tempnam]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/bumponal/:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/var/www/:/usr/local/lib/php/:/etc/virtual/) in /home/bumponal/domains/bumponalogworld.frih.net/public_html/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 170

It looks like phpBB2 is writing to file /tmp which off course isn't allowed. Even if open_basedir wasn't enabled it would still not be possible. phpBB2 should be writing to the directory /tmp/: with a slash on the end. You should check your configuration, or maybe usercp_avatar.php, to make add the missing slash.
Bump_on_a_Log08
Very Happy Thanks MrBlueSky that solved the problem thank you very much! Very Happy