FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Internet Tablets

psycosquirrel
Anyone heard of the Nokia n600? It's a pretty cool little device, somewhere between a cellphone or PDA and a laptop. It has full browser connectivity through Wifi, and can sync to bluetooth phones and PDAs for cellular internet. It is TINY (like the size of a Nintendo DS), and can use VNC, which means I would be able to remote-desktop my systems at home.

Anyone know of any systems like this one, only cheaper or better for around the same price? I use a 12.1" laptop, and the thing is too big, I want something smaller for portability, and some sort of tablet features so I can easily take notes in class.
badai
go get any PDA run on Windows (WM6 the latest). you can get a lot of any stuffs for free or pay someone to do custom applications for you.

With symbian, almost all of the stuffs you have to buy.

VNC for PDA

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=128549
ForceRun
Check out newegg they can sell cigluar phones now and got a bunch of the high end smart phones for a low price or free (w/ 2 yrs of service of couse), wish I had waited like 2 weeks longer to be my phone, but oh well
psycosquirrel
The problem with with Palms and phones is that they take cellular internet, not standard WiFi. I can't afford to pay for the enormous datarates I'll accumulate over it, so instead, I have to use the school's wireless cloud (it covers ALL of campus).

I already have a phone with another 14 months of contract on it... Otherwise, I would get a decent phone...