FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

self-hypnosis

fx-trading-education
Have you tried self-hypnosis technics?
And if yes for which purpose?

I heard that some people use it to stop smoking or loose weight. But did somebody tried to use it to learn something or to improve your knowledge?
Azmo
never tried, don't think I have something that I need to acomplish that needs this kind of treatment..
fx-trading-education
Azmo wrote:
never tried, don't think I have something that I need to acomplish that needs this kind of treatment..

he he who knows... Laughing
Anyway I doesn't look like it is a bad treatment because it is more like a relaxation technic as far as I understand.
I just read something about it , so I am interested if somebody has tried that.
Manus et Therion
I was taught self-hypnosis as a teenager to overcome insomonia. For that it worked. I use auto-suggestion for a lot of things, but I've never decided to use the self-hypnosis training although for some things I suppose it wouldn't be a bad idea. There's defenitely no harm in trying.
.you.make.my.heart.happy.
Why wouldn't you go for it? From what I've heard and read there is absolutely nothing negative about it. Mind you, I've never done it, but it sounds interesting...

~love: nIkKi
crimson_aria
Manus et Therion wrote:
I was taught self-hypnosis as a teenager to overcome insomonia. For that it worked.

it worked?

I've never tried it, but if it works maybe I should.
poly
Never tried it. Hypnosis on yourself?
creezalird
is there really such thing as hypnosis?
Manus et Therion
Hypnosis happens to people all the time. Say you're driving down the highway. Those broken white lines are flashing by and a specific pace. woosh, woosh, woosh, woosh, woosh... Especially if you're the passenger in the vehicle, but even as the driver, you can suddely feel so relaxed and at ease. And you don't even know where the time has gone. This is hypnosis.

In a state of hypnosis your mind is more open to suggestion, such as "you are falling asleep with relaxed ease, you will wake up in the morning fully rested and refreshed."

Self-hypnosis is actually quite easy. The trick is choosing the right model of suggestion for your hypnosis program. Phrasing is very important.
tiboo211
Waw... what you say is interesting!
So I have already been self hypnosed without knowing it was hypnose! I think the word "hypnose" is quite frightening whereas it's only relaxing and sleeping.
but it is not always used in this way... to learn something or improve knowledge?
maybe this is an example:
when you keep reading your book whereas you think you won't remember anything because you are so tired.
...But the day after, you see that you did Smile
McDucque
I tried listening to some of those tapes that you're supposed to play when you're sleeping, but I wasnt asleep, and it sounded pretty creepy.
Hobbit
I've done something similar to Manus. I read a little about meditation, and that's how I go to sleep. I should start doing that again though, because it's not a habit. Yesterday I couldn't sleep at all.
ratfungus
fx-trading-education wrote:
Have you tried self-hypnosis technics?
And if yes for which purpose?

I heard that some people use it to stop smoking or loose weight. But did somebody tried to use it to learn something or to improve your knowledge?
You'll find info on the net about how to induce self-hypnosis. I've used it and it is good for many things (read up on the net). It's not what many people think - you don't really 'go into a trance'. It's a state of deep relaxation where a certain brain wave is predominant and in which you can also make auto-suggestions (about things like stopping smoking) which are acted upon more readily when these suggestions are given to the sub-conscious brain in this relaxed state.
Lord Klorel
I don't believe in self hypnosis. The only thing that you can do is try to think to something else.

Example: when i am get bored, i normally eat some candy or chocolats. now i eat fruit and other good things.
ratfungus
Lord Klorel wrote:
I don't believe in self hypnosis. The only thing that you can do is try to think to something else.

Example: when i am get bored, i normally eat some candy or chocolats. now i eat fruit and other good things.
Lord Klorel - you're right! Hypnosis (whether self induced or induced by a third party) is like a self fulfilling prophecy - if you don't believe it - it won't work. But if you do - it does work. Eating fruit instead of sweets (candy) and chocolates is always a good idea. Sugar causes so many problems in the body. However, some fruits are much better than others (in terms of nutrients and how fast the fructose is released into the blood). Read up on the net and find the ones that are most nutritious and that you like and I think you'll get even more benefit out of your healthy eating regimen. PS Just had a look on your website but its says there's a problem with the video files (at least I think that's what it says - you from the Netherlands? Ik niet spreek Nederlands. Ik ben Schots - is that right?)
cvkien
are you sure that is self hypnosis?? or that is your normally assignment as a self encouragement?? if you hypnosis yourself, you will be half-unconscious, then how are you going to make yourself wake up?? and hypnosis cannot teach to a people just like that, and it must be done by a professional who has the license for hypnosis.
bangala
cvkien wrote:
are you sure that is self hypnosis?? or that is your normally assignment as a self encouragement?? if you hypnosis yourself, you will be half-unconscious, then how are you going to make yourself wake up?? and hypnosis cannot teach to a people just like that, and it must be done by a professional who has the license for hypnosis.

I have not tried it but it looks interesting. As for the need for a professional, you might be right in some situations. Have a look in the following link.
http://www.wikihow.com/Perform-Self-Hypnosis
fx-trading-education
bangala wrote:
cvkien wrote:

I have not tried it but it looks interesting. As for the need for a professional, you might be right in some situations. Have a look in the following link.
http://www.wikihow.com/Perform-Self-Hypnosis

cvkien,

as you can see in the link provided self-hypnosis is not totally like hypnosis as it is more a specific state of mind including both concentration and relaxing.
Maybe the name is a bit misleading, but I guess i is called so because in both cases you reach a state of mind where suggestions have a stronger effect.
dinael
No, really. what if you never quite wake up? Shocked

Oh, never mind, just go ahead!!! Twisted Evil
rainmaker
Hello!

I once tried self-hypnosis via an Internet recording I downloaded. While it was aimed at making the listener more relaxed, in my opinion, it did nothing that I could not have accomplished on my own. Hypnosis is primarily based on how susceptible an individual is to persuasion.

I guess one time they had a hypnotist at my high school's prom. (I never went.) Apparently, they had troubles getting some of the hypnotized people to wake up! I guess this has pretty much left me eschewing anything that resembles the practice.

All in all, I am guessing it depends on what kind of a person is using. In any case, just be careful.

The best of luck to you!

--rainmaker
kuhdorf
i cant believe that a self hipnose works is there a tutorial in the internet^^
mikakiev
Self hypnosis is a good thing f you do it on a regular basis.
ehpc
I tried it to learn huge amount of material in short time, combining self-suggestion with sound impact. It works if you know what you are doing. Note that you should specify what you mean by "self-hypnosis". It's very broad term.
johnstonv
I have listened to a few relaxation hypnosis MP3's from here: http://www.hypnosisdownloads.com/ I have found them very good to help get to sleep and reduce stress etc.

There are a huge range of hpynosis scripts available for hundres of different subjects.

This is also an interesting book http://www.amazon.com/Instant-Self-Hypnosis-Hypnotize-Yourself-Your/dp/1402202695/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1226280243&sr=1-1 which gets you to read out loud the hypnosis scripts.
johnstonv
I have listened to a few relaxation hypnosis MP3's from here: http://www.hypnosisdownloads.com/ I have found them very good to help get to sleep and reduce stress etc.

There are a huge range of hpynosis scripts available for hundres of different subjects.

This is also an interesting book http://www.amazon.com/Instant-Self-Hypnosis-Hypnotize-Yourself-Your/dp/1402202695/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1226280243&sr=1-1 which gets you to read out loud the hypnosis scripts.
yagnyavalkya
self-hypnosis is an attitude of mind rather than a state to be induced
past 30 years hypnosis has become recognized as a useful adjunct to traditional medical therapies
contingent informal meditation is an important one to be studied about in this case

Here I would like to mention about
the 'Graduated active hypnosis' which was first described by E. Kretschmer in 1946 and was later developed by D. Langen.
This double tracked procedure (E. Kretschmer spoke of two way standard methods, Langen of two way psychotherapy) makes possible a transformation of the personality, established in depth from two sides.
Generally a A standard trance induction was followed by a series of behavior specific suggestions related to control of anything you want to control.
Actually the question I ask here is that is Self hypnosis: the result of heterohypnosis or vice versa?