FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Paintshop Pro 11 Vs. Photoshop CS3

Bones
Any of you out there have experience with both of these programs? I've been using PSP 11 for a bit now for post photo processing but a lot of people recommend Photoshop. So I've considered Photoshop CS3.

Been watching a lot of video tutorials for photoshop, and so far, I'm not terribly impressed. I've yet to see a feature that I cannot do in PSP.
My biggest beef with photoshop so far is that in order to browse thumbnails you use the bridge? No built in thumbnail browser like PSP has?

Is there really any reason why I would want photoshop?

Please don't reply with "because it's better" If you know it's better than please back it up with some facts. I don't know enough about the software so I am looking for some input.

Thanks in advance.
Azmo
I havnt used psp that much.. but from what I've understood.. photoshop got more options.. that u need to work around in psp.. dunno what it's like with brushes and filters and stuff in psp but got alot in photoshop aswell.. I wouldnt recomend cs3 tho.. still to new.. I use PS7, pretty much the same as CS2.. none of them are free tho so you can't download it legal.. Photoshop Element is free tho.. but not as good as the newer versions.. hm.. rly hard to say.. kinda depens on what you are looking for, what your needs are..
Studio Madcrow
Photoshop Elements IS NOT FREE (unless I missed something) It costs roughly the same as PSP and offers roughly the same functionality. That said, it's often included with new cameras and scanners because Adobe makes it avialble very cheaply to OEMs.
sush
I've always found Photoshop a bloat.

Not that it isn't good but it's way more than what I need for my daily photo processing or even illustration (Xara Xtreme gives me all I want in that department).

You could say Photoshop has a hundred features if PSP has fifty, but in all frankness most people like me need only twenty.

Cheers,
Sushant
XKaktusX
By me PS i better than PSP
Bones
XKaktusX wrote:
By me PS i better than PSP

How so? I want to know 'what' is better about it.