FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

sample sites

Blaster
Well on the index page there is a list of sample sites. I think that you should make it so that them sites would be the top three that are in the directory. Just an idea. though.
mathiaus
That would either require Bondings to make that section dynamic collecting the sites from the db which he has already stated he doesn't really want to do, or to update the static page regularly.
Besides, I know the current sites may not be the best, but this may cause people to exploit the system if they can get links on the front page, both in abusing $frih and then the directory.

(I'm slightly biased though of course hence why I'm not saying much on the issue Razz )
Scorpio
mathiaus wrote:

(I'm slightly biased though of course hence why I'm not saying much on the issue Razz )

Well, nobody would like their site removed from a PR5 page.. At the same time I've asked Bondings atleast 3 times regarding this and I was told that this may change when the layout of the site changes, whenever that may be.

So, I am not expecting a change soon.. But I sure would like my site to be there as well...

Frih$ is not the solution for a place there.. There must be other evaluation criterion.
mathiaus
Scorpio wrote:
Well, nobody would like their site removed from a PR5 page..

PR4. It went down during the last PR update. So did I Crying or Very sad

Scorpio wrote:
Frih$ is not the solution for a place there.. There must be other evaluation criterion.

Exactly my point! No point having an under construction site up just because they've paid some $frih to do so.
Scorpio
As I said Frih$ cannot be used to get a space there.. But at the same time, the evaluation criterion should not be too strict as well..

The sites featured there should be evaluated for good content, decent design and a certain visitor count. Anything in the extreme would mean only a few sites would even be in the fray.