FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I'm dating again..

vinx_18
After a hurting break-up with my ex-girlfriend (that was 9-10 months ago), I dated again another young lady. Guess what, she's older than me again. Again? because my ex-girlfriend was older than me too. I was 18 years old then and she was 20 years old. And then this time, I am dating with a 26 years old lady. She's gorgeous and he attracts boys. I'm not kidding. Almost everyone in the office likes her angelic beauty. But the question is: Is it alright to have a girlfriend or to marry a girl older than me? In our society, the normal thing is that the boy is always the older one and not vice versa.
brokenadvice
vinx_18 wrote:
She's gorgeous and he attracts boys.

Just nitpicking. Confused

As long as it is a reasonable difference (<7 Years) I see no problem. If its more like 40 and 18, than thats kinda weird.
DjinniFire
There isn't any problem but the reason society has it that the male is older than female in the relationship is because females mature faster and in order for there to be understanding between the two sex the male is usually older to match the same matureness or understanding. But there are always cases when the female is older and if everything works out, then there's nothing wrong with it. So yes, it is alright to have a girlfriend or marry a girl that is older than you, it just isn't a norm. As long as you two are happy and work well together, people should not have a problem with it, if they do, they need to learn to stop being conformists.
brilliantbeauty
Of course it's all right. I mean, I don't supporta mature middle aged adult screwing someone barely out of college, but a couple of years difference, it's no big deal whatsoever, so long as you both mutually respect each other and stuff. Smile
Azmo
I personaly prefer girls older then myself, cause (personal opinion) I think that girls my age (around 20) are way to imature in a relationship. Older girls don't demand things in the same way, they got their own stuff and wont hang on to me like a backpack, also have alot easier to respect stuff like that I do have girl friends and that I do have other stuff to do aswell.. Ofc I put my girl first, before everything, but that is when it realy matters, a yougner girl have imo easier to demand that u stay at home or do as she wants, when an older girl don't, not in the same way, I gotta work out, meet some friends, get a break every once in a while.. and I'm not that kind of person that talks for an hour+ on the phone every night.. wich younger girls often wants..

Now I'm not saying that all younger girls are like THIS and older girls are like THAT, it's my personal experience, and nothing else.
Arnie
DjinniFire wrote:
in order for there to be understanding between the two sex the male is usually older to match the same matureness or understanding.
Maybe with 14yo girls who only want cool guys with cars and use this as an excuse, but above 18 years that argument is totally invalid.
Azmo
Arnie wrote:
DjinniFire wrote:
in order for there to be understanding between the two sex the male is usually older to match the same matureness or understanding.
Maybe with 14yo girls who only want cool guys with cars and use this as an excuse, but above 18 years that argument is totally invalid.

agree, that's a common thing to be said amongst younger people, usually girls who belive they are very mature and the boys arnt good enough for them, want some older guys with cars and ID for alcohol and stuff.. not all girls, but some, and I guess they kinda drag other girls with them, cause everyone wanna be "cool".. anyways, as I've already said, my personal experience is that girls of my own age.. around 20ish.. are very imature in a relationship..

could be because of that.. they let the boys handle alot of stuff.. and don't rly learn to stand on their own two feet until they are older, same time as they learn to think and value more things then just "he is older and more mature" ...