FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Does it work on Linux (all versions) and MAC

imagefree
Hi friends!!

i have a website ( in my sig). There is some problem with it.

I have made all the image galleries in Fireworks and fireworks took the original names of the files (images like jpeg). Fireworks created 3 files for each image

1) The actual image is converted to JPEG.
2) THe thumbnail
3) THe page

Now the problem is the all three files contain the same name with the difference of just the file extension. File names include the characters like
,SPACE-_CapitalLetters etc. These all are working fine on my PC (WINDOWS) but i dont know whether they work equally well on MAC and Linux or i have to change all the 2000+ file names Confused Sad

Friends please help.

Edit: One more thing is that i have took care of he folder names. All the folder names so that all the folders have just small characters, numbers and underscore.
{name here}
It should work just fine on OS X. However, Linux is case sensitive, and if the files refer to eachother in an incorrect case it will not work.
Tex_Arcana
It works fine for Linux. At least the latest version of Ubuntu.

I think that the file names on your website aren't really an issue. It's Firefox or whatever browser that deals with them, and not the Linux file system itself. If there are any issues then it would probably show up on all browsers and not just on ones on Linux systems.

At any rate I'm glad to see that you are thinking about us poor misguided Linux users.