FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Smallville

kain
Tell me your opinions and how you like it! I love the concept of Superman as a teenager! And Lana's hot!
memsa
I think"Smallville" is a great approach to the Superman tradition.

It is much better crafted than "Lois and Clark".

The exploration of the diverging paths of Clark Kent and Lex Luthor is great. Initially the "concentration"of weirdness that the "meteorite"caused seemed to detract but when I saw it in thecontext of the intense colorisation and caricaturing of the characters I realised it is one of the best attempts at putting a Comic on TV.
SamuelCraft
I think Smallville is a good show, and it also helps explain how Superman is and such. Such as where he was from, his purpose on Earth, etc. The show also shows us how Clark (Superman) deals with his abilities and uses them for good and such.
frozenhead
At first i think, it would not make it on the ratings but i think they got it.. I like the plot.. and yeah Lana (Kristin Kruek) is HOT though..
RA
Its interesting how they write in some of the other action heroes. For example, the other day, they had a guy with a lightning bolt on his backpack that could run (even faster than Clark). They made him out to be a ladies man with an attitude. Just like Clark, he didn't have is action hero name yet, but you could see it coming.
vengeance
I like smallville.. is koo.. it just pisses me off that pussy azz superman dont get with that fine azz girl that is so begging for him to make a move.. thats the only part that pisses me off.. damn man... Get with that girl... SHE IS FINE!!!!
JaeCee
Smallville rocks. Although Lana's a little too fickle for my liking .. Clark goes all out to look out for her while not trying to break up her and Whitney, but she still opts for the jock just because he's too .. mysterious. Silly.
matt87
Wow, I love this show. I have seen every episode that has came out. And I am waiting to see the next episode which is airing on the 29th of September. That episode will be the start of the fifth season. Hopefully I don't miss it because I will more likely miss it.

RA wrote:
Its interesting how they write in some of the other action heroes. For example, the other day, they had a guy with a lightning bolt on his backpack that could run (even faster than Clark). They made him out to be a ladies man with an attitude. Just like Clark, he didn't have is action hero name yet, but you could see it coming.

RA, that kid has the lightning bold on his backpack to represent flash. Look.

vengeance wrote:
I like smallville.. is koo.. it just pisses me off that pussy azz superman dont get with that fine azz girl that is so begging for him to make a move.. thats the only part that pisses me off.. damn man... Get with that girl... SHE IS FINE!!!!

I think Clark will eventually get Lana in the end. But they are still working on another 3 more seasons. So the writers are probably not going to put them to gether till the end or something.[/img]
RA
Yes, I know. That was the whole point of my post.
JaeCee
Actually .. I doubt he'd ever end up with Lana, seeing as they're supposed to somewhat line up with the original series. Heck, I don't think Lana even existed in the original, and with Lois Lane making her entrance, I think Smallville would finish with it pointing in the direction of how the original Superman was. That is, him going after Lois.

With that said, I like Lana better. Shucks.
RA
You know when a series is going to end when the star actor and actress get together romatically. It has happened counteless times in sitcoms, and it would happen with Smallville too.
matt87
The series as been pretty similar to original Superman so JaeCee might be right about Clark ending up with Lois Lane but I think he still might get with Lana before he gets with Lois. But who knows? I guess we will all have to watch and find out.
warriordude
i wach smallville a lot
it was great

but now itsn't on dutch television anymore Mad
matt87
warriordude wrote:
i wach smallville a lot
it was great

but now itsn't on dutch television anymore Mad

I don't know how dutch television works but I think it is probably the same. Right now they haven't been showing any new episodes anywhere. Sometime this month they should be starting again.
Sofie
I love Smallville! It rocks but it is much more better now that Lois has come into the storyline! Very Happy I cant wait for the new season - anyone knows when it is going to air? the new season I mean
Jamatu
I like smallville alot although I haven't been following the storyline that much lately I plan to buy the series on DVD (I hear it's quite expensive ><). I like the fact that you get to see the development of his powers and the relationship between him (superman) and Lex Luthor.
matt87
Sofie wrote:
I love Smallville! It rocks but it is much more better now that Lois has come into the storyline! Very Happy I cant wait for the new season - anyone knows when it is going to air? the new season I mean

I mentioned earlier that the 5th series is starting on the 29th of September. But this is in California. I don't know when it starts for other people. I reccommend visiting www.kryptonsite.com They have all the dates and what your expecting to see in the next episodes.
Jamatu
Wow, that site pretty neat from the first glimpse, it's going to be added to my favorite cheers matt Smile
leone
i really like this movie series .It's a great way of producing a scientific film that attracks ppl to see it. I won't miss one film of the series. It is too great especially when ther eis notghing on tv. Surprised
nakamaru
It's pretty good. And as for Lana...

yeah...
credo
Even though we know that the comic and movie Clark loves the feisty Lois Lane, so far the series doesn't seem at all like the originals (like how Superman and Lex meet and hate each other for example) so maybe Clark and Lana will eventually get together.

I know when I was growing up I always believed that Clark had only one true love, Lois. But now I think even if he did fall in love with the Lois in the series in the back of his heart would always be a bigggg place just for Lana.
inesquecivel
Smallville is a good serie, but I prefer The OC....

I Love Marissa and Summer...heheh

Rolling Eyes
Ivi
Smallville is one of my favourite serials . I think that clark and lana are going to end up together becouse they started it in love and they are going to fell for eachather again. This is not the clasic superman movie where clark ends up with lois. anyway Lana is much more beautiful than Lois.
kain
Well they are making new ones. They just ended the 4th season and are starting season 5 i think tomorrow... The 4th season was sooo cool. It was by far the best season yet.
matt87
kain wrote:
Well they are making new ones. They just ended the 4th season and are starting season 5 i think tomorrow... The 4th season was sooo cool. It was by far the best season yet.

The 4th season ended a while ago. I have been waiting so long for the fifth season and yes the first episode for season five starts tomorrow, Thur. Sep. 29.

Here are a few screenshows from tomorrows episode "Arrival"

[/img]
matt87
I guess I they moved the pictures so I can show you. I saw the episode and it was great. I don't want to ruin it for those of you who have not seen it yet so I am not going to say anything.
kain
Yeah I saw it too. Awesome! I remember seeing those guys from the old superman movie with Christopher Reeve. In the movie, the guy was like an animal. He kept grunting. LOL.