FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

the gimp

macxthegamer
what do you think of the gimp? do you like it? do you use it? do you thik its better than most, worse than a lot, or in the middle, please discuss, and share ideas of hom you use gimp, or if you havn't use gimp, whether or not you want to.

I use the gimp for drawing backgrounds and sprites when I make games, I find it very helpful, and I think its the best program out there Very Happy
Dalv87
I started using it a few months ago, it's great in my opinion. Especially since I can't afford to buy programs.
{name here}
I've never liked its inteface - it's too cluttered. That's why I use fireworks for creating images. The interface is tons cleaner, and I can still competently photoshop images in it even with its lack of filters.

I pretty much hate any and every program that uses an MDI or multiple windows to display content because it simply is inferior and sucks compared to a fullscreen tabbed interface with toolbars, IMO.
tony
i love the gimp! i find it better than photoshop actually. many argue that it is difficult to navigate but i have realised that with some practice, it is actually very easy to use, and extremely powerful.
Animal
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-45200.html&highlight=gimp

Please search before posting.

-close-