FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How do i Upload My website using FTP????

freelanceCMS
Can anyone please tell me how to upload my entire Joomla site with the sql database or do i have to create a new one using PHPMYADMIN...
mathiaus
Its easiest to create a new database in direct admin, then import your tables from your old database (use export on your old one). Don't know about the joomla configuration but you'll need to change your mysql details somewhere (either in a config table or config.php file etc).
Bockman
mathiaus wrote:
Its easiest to create a new database in direct admin, then import your tables from your old database (use export on your old one). Don't know about the joomla configuration but you'll need to change your mysql details somewhere (either in a config table or config.php file etc).

For you'll need to edit configuration.php on your joomla root. There are several lines to edit, which are as follows:

- $mosConfig_absolute_path ( should be something like: /home/freelanc/public_html/yoursitefolder )
- $mosConfig_cachepath ( should be something like: /home/freelanc/public_html/yoursitefolder/cache )
- $mosConfig_user ( your new phpmyadmin user with access to the new joomla database)
- $mosConfig_host (should be localhost)
- $mosConfig_password (this should be your mysql username passie)

Be Well Cool
freelanceCMS
Yeah guys got it sorted, you can view it by clicking the banner at the bottom of the page
kimmen
i just gonna ask, i most create PHP Nuke or is it installed allready?
Vrythramax
First you must be approved for web hosting, and since this question has been asked and answered here http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-634751.html#634751...I think that should just about do it.