FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

starting sound from external Flash Movie ?

Sunny
Ok I've a flash website which has background music , there is a link "movie" in it on clicking which stops the background sound and opens a poup window with another flash movie(video with sound) in it . Now what I want is to somehow start the sound again when visitors click the x button of the movie.
m-productions
when you say the movie opens in a pop-up do you mean a whole nother window? or like a little flash pop-up?

if its in a full new window, the only way to accomplish this is by using "shared objects" which can get complicated when you using them to talk between 2 flash movies. I would suggest making the "pop-up" movie appear in your flash webpage, and just make it LOOK like a pop-up or something of that sort.
Sunny
m-productions wrote:
when you say the movie opens in a pop-up do you mean a whole nother window? or like a little flash pop-up?

whole new window

I do not want it to open in flash popup window, . I have not used shared flash object before, but will try it out.
m-productions
i can give you some help with them if you wish... but its hard to get them to refresh fast enough when talking from one swf to another.. but it might be your only way.
Sunny
For now what I have done is added following actionscript in last frame of movie.

Quote:

getURL("http://www.mysite.com/", 'window name');

So what happens now when the movie is done it sort of reloads the hompage and music is started. bad thing is if anyone want to watch movie again he will hear 2 music at a time.