FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A2DP streaming

badai
my mobile phone support A2DP

if i buy bluetooth doogle that support A2DP, will I be able to play music file from my phone to my PC speaker?
sush
Yes. As long as the bluetooth dongle you buy (and the software that comes with it) fully supports A2DP.

Haven't personally seen one of them.
asianwannabe999
sush wrote:

I don't know what you mean by that. I have a Belkin bluetooth dongle that fullys upports A2DP. I've never tried what the poster is asking, but in the software menu, there is an option to stream audio from bluetooth devices to the dongle to play through the computer's audio system. So I assume this is possible.
badai
well, if u have mobile phone with A2DP, give it a try and let us know Smile

asianwannabe999 wrote:
sush wrote:

I don't know what you mean by that. I have a Belkin bluetooth dongle that fullys upports A2DP. I've never tried what the poster is asking, but in the software menu, there is an option to stream audio from bluetooth devices to the dongle to play through the computer's audio system. So I assume this is possible.
asianwannabe999
I have a samsung sync (A707) and I tried it out with my Belkin bluetooth dongle. I got music to stream from my windows media player through my dongle to my phone's stereo speakers, which was a pleasant surprise. However, I tried to stream from my phone to my pc and it doesn't seem to work at all. I changed various settings on both the phone and pc side and it seems that nothing is working. I have a W710i as well so I will try this experiment with that by tonight.
badai
i can stream from my phone to my headphone. it should work with computer, right?
OS Master
asianwannabe999 wrote:
I have a samsung sync (A707) and I tried it out with my Belkin bluetooth dongle. I got music to stream from my windows media player through my dongle to my phone's stereo speakers, which was a pleasant surprise. However, I tried to stream from my phone to my pc and it doesn't seem to work at all. I changed various settings on both the phone and pc side and it seems that nothing is working. I have a W710i as well so I will try this experiment with that by tonight.

Your computer needs to have Bluetooth support. You may need to buy a card and install it.
badai
ok, any new dongle should work.

first activate the headphone profile on your computer and restart bluetooth.

then connect your phone. since your phone support A2DP you should have option to set the stereo speaker

then you can see the headphone icon on your homescreen

unlike hand free device, all incoming call, alert or any sound won't be play on computer. work like charm.