FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Al Gore, Global Warming and The American Healthcare System

i_am_mine
[img]

It has been year of extremely well written, highly acclaimed documentaries.
One being Al Gore's " An Inconvenient Truth " and the second being Michael Moore's " Sicko ".

Both movies deal with very relevant topics in todays world, although one does limit itself to America ( actually, the health care system of several countries is in the same state of affairs )

While Al Gore deals with Global Warming, the other deals with America's failing medicare system.

Hardcore Republicans on this forum would love to have a go at Michael Moore, and so I ask the following questions:

1. Has the American Government been in denial of Global Warming?
2. Have successive Republican and Democratic administrations failed to salvage the medicare system.
3. Has Bush's Privatisation of Medicare and Social Security lead to the current situation?[img][/img]
inphurno
i_am_mine wrote:

Hardcore Republicans on this forum would love to have a go at Michael Moore, and so I ask the following questions:

1. Has the American Government been in denial of Global Warming?

i think that the answer to this is very clear. we all know that the clean air act was crippled from the begining and is mearly lip service to keep americans thinking:
[list=] that the government is doing something[/list]
[list=] and that anyway there is no real problem so keep on buying those products that are made in china[/list]

the fact of the matter is that all of the dirtiest coal power plants are still in service today because of the grandfather clause in the clean air act.

if your interested to find out more about climate change, what is really causing it and what you personally can do about it, go to:
http://whatsyourimpact.co.nr/
ocalhoun
i_am_mine wrote:

3. Has Bush's Privatisation of Medicare and Social Security lead to the current situation?

Hardly. Medicare and Social Security were bad ideas to start out with, and due to corruption among ALL parties it has not been managed well.

Do you realize that in the capitol, drug company lobbyists outnumber congressmen?