FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Reptiles

karysky
Do you own a reptile?

Lately, I've discovered myself a passion for reptiles and amphibians. I've bought myself a gecko leopard (an easy pet to take care of when you're not used to having a reptile) and later, when I buy myself a home, I want to have a huge vivarium in which I'll put exotic frogs.

Anyhow, here's my little beauty, her name's Eleanore:

Post your reptile images here Smile
chrillo
I don't, scared of em Smile
KD8CPP
We have two turtles that we keep in our pond, then we have two tortises that stay inside, and then go autside some in the day. We also have a savana moniter, that stays in a special cage we built him, with temprature control and everything you could want. Even a working waterfall.
karysky
That's nice!

Do you have pictures ?
Insanity
I have a couple of red-eared sliders in my house, but now that I'm gone my brother takes care of them.
talekang
the color is good... nice
but dont you have a fear with that animal.. like may be they will beat you.. or other accident...
but yeah... they are beautiful..
but the animal what i afraid most is SNAKE....
i really.. really afraid for that
karysky
talekang wrote:
the color is good... nice
but dont you have a fear with that animal.. like may be they will beat you.. or other accident...
but yeah... they are beautiful..
but the animal what i afraid most is SNAKE....
i really.. really afraid for that

No I don't fear those animals.. I think they become agressive when they feel fear from us.

But I'm lucky I guess, because my lizard can easily be manipulated, she never bite anyone.

She's an angel Smile

But I do discover that there is something missing from reptiles: Affection.
iJonno
I have recently fallen in love with amphibians. I have 2 green tree frogs and 2 turtles. I love them and they are so easy to take care of. No need to take them for walks, constantly tell them to sit and so many other reasons .. Great for people that don't really want to take care of them, but they still need a little attention.

Jonno'
Azmo
I've had a couple of gecko myself.. none alive today tho Sad was a few years since the last one died.. don't rly have time for it anymore.. most fun thing, besides from watching tv with my gecko on my shoulder Smile was to hunt all his foud that kept running away all the time Razz was all over the house.. Smile
Sharpe
I love the color of the gecko. And I would love to have reptiles as pets. But i still live at home and my mom is not oke with reptiles as pets. :(
Azmo
Sharpe wrote:
I love the color of the gecko. And I would love to have reptiles as pets. But i still live at home and my mom is not oke with reptiles as pets. Sad

sad to hear.. go get one and hide it under ur bed! Very Happy
crimson_aria
sadly.. I don't own one because I'm so freakin scared of them. lizards and the like are one of my fears ever since. >__<
friuser
reptiles are really neat but i don't know about frogs... I mean do you really want to be known as the frog person... Dunno if you saw that episode on everybody loves raymond but that was funny.

Snakes are much better in my opinion and easier to take care of because for frogs there's alot of stuff you need to get to maintain water quality.
hiquality
i once had a snake ... but my mom was afraid of it Sad. His name was Peter Johnson ( i know its funny ) and one day ... somehow he was on the sofa!
i dont know how he got there. My mom was screaming and i never had a reptilian pet after (sad story Sad( )
PatTheGreat42
I love reptiles as pets. Sure, they're not as cute or cuddly, but they're still cool and they got scales and those tounges.

We used to have a pet snake named John Paul Jones III. No pictures, but he was your average green garden snake that sat in a tank and ate fish and shed every once in a while. Kinda hard to get people to take care of him, but it was great fun when he escaped and mom had to go wrangle him with nigh but a pillow case.

Ah, those were the days.
Peterssidan
I have hard to see reptiles as pets. I think more of a zoo or djungle when I think about them. I feel bad when I see these kind of animals in a cage. maybe I'm silly but that's the way I feel.
Make sure where you get your reptiles from so they not are taken from a small amount of whild ones so they risk to be no more.
fx-trading-education
Peterssidan wrote:
I have hard to see reptiles as pets. I think more of a zoo or djungle when I think about them. I feel bad when I see these kind of animals in a cage. maybe I'm silly but that's the way I feel.
Make sure where you get your reptiles from so they not are taken from a small amount of whild ones so they risk to be no more.

I guess that most of the people who have reptiles, specially lizards, turtles, don't keep them in a cage but they are moving either in the house or the garden.

Personaly I think that they are not so good candidates for pets because of their lack of feelings. Compare to mammals reptiles will no show you that they like you, they will only be interested to get a warm place and food. So the communication is mostly one way and that is a strong limitation.
karysky
I agree that reptiles are not affectionate, and that's why many people don't like them as pets.

But I think they are fascinating. They are the closest thing to the dinosaur era and I never tired watching my own lizard just walking around... and hunting.
thealpha
Reptiles look very cool... for me,
but i do like to observe them, haha