FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do You Think Your Broadband is Worth as It's Value?

How Worth is your Broadband? Why?
Not worth at all. 0%
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
1% - 20%
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
21% - 40%
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
41% - 60%
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
61% - 80%
42%
 42%  [ 9 ]
81% - 100% Totally worth.
33%
 33%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 21

cvkien
How much is your broadband fee? mine if convert to USD, i think is around 35 dolar. and my speed is 1mb downstream and 384kb upstream. anyway, it keep having problems with it ports and sometime i cannot connect to internet for 2 months. when it come to rebate, it just rebate 80 percent of the fees. Anyway, it is more cheaper than dialup so i think it worth to have but price is a bit high. i think if the quality being improve, then i'll give it a 100% worth.
falconfx
Hi!

I have a 4mbps down/256kbps up ADSL connection, which costs me about 30 /month. I am pretty satisfied with my connection (I still remember the "terrible" dial-up era Crying or Very sad ), but I think providers should lower subscription costs.

In Japan I have seen that there are 100mbit Shocked connections that cost 5 to 10 $/month!

For this reason I didn't choose "Totally worth" and voted "61% - 80%".

Bye Smile
PseudoKnight
Difficult to say. On one hand I feel my internet connection is invaluable and I love my pipe. On the other I know it could be a whole lot better. There just isn't the kind of competition the market needs right now. Just having Verizon Fios in the market is making dramatic changes. Having another enter the arena would really make an impact. I'm hoping that if it hasn't happened by 2009, that new contender will be using the 0-700mhz range for wireless broadband. That's both convenient and speedy.

[edit]

Forgot to say that I have cable internet from Comcast. We currently get 6mbps down / 384kbps up for $55 a month. It's a little spendy. (Fios is 5/2 for $35 here, but we don't want to go through the installation yet) This'll be upgraded I think within the next year to 12mbps down, but for now we're getting speed bursts of around 1100kbps up! It's really nice for smaller files. I'm hoping it's the start of something a little more permanent because I care a hell of a lot more about upload than download speeds now that I'm at 6mbps down.
erlendhg
We have a pretty good speed, and a pretty good ISP (Norwegian Tele 2).
What I have had much trouble with, is the broadband telephony we signed up for from the ISP. Whenever we are or are not on the Internet, it is almost impossible to speak in the phone Sad

But now we have ordered back old fashion telephony Razz
Petee
Hm, well, I love my 1mbps down/~192kbps up speed. It's a huge step up from my previous 56k dialup. However, I think we're getting charged a little much for what we're getting. Unfortunately, it's the only broadband available in my area. Also, we are required to use their DSL modem/router (which is the worst router I've ever used, a Siemens SpeedStream 6520), and pay a monthly "rental" fee for it. But it does work (most of the time) so I give my service about a 75%.
{name here}
Broadband is worth it if you have a dial up connection, by all means. I'd like to have an OC3 connection, however.
Osmodius
I pay about $50US for 1mbit up/down, but it performs more like 512kbit both ways.

There's a monopoly on broadband internet in New Zealand :*(
orcaz
Mine is around US$38 when converted, cable connection, 6mbps/256kbps. Has been using the same ISP for close to 6 years...
noobcola
Since my internet is free, I can say it is worth the money. I'm stealing my neighbor's wifi connection, but he never uses it.
bigdan
I'll say yes. I use it for work, as I work from home, and I use it to entertain myself, so that rubber stamps my vote.
Josso
Totally worth it. I pay 29.99 per month for "8mb" - usually get around 700kbps so it saves a lot of time. It might not be worth it for someone who downloads little ammounts but I can get 10GB down in one day sometimes.
Nireck
here in mexico we have a telephone / internet almost monopoly so there is only one company that offers a"reliable service" with good speed and is 1 meg down 512 up yet is pretty decent for 40 dollars together with a phone package service

Yet when comes to XBOXlive well.....
OS Master
Internet cost is $35 USD. 1.5 Megabits download speed and 256 upload speed. Reliability is good, and I voted 81-100%.
froginabox
See, at my home, we are really really stuck. The way the laws USED to be in my state, a cable company could make a contract with a developer and be the only one to lay cable lines for the houses being built. This means that only one cable company can give us TV and internet, and they know it, so they overcharge like you wouldn't believe. I see people here with their bills being around $35 for +1mbps down - it would be $85 per month for me to get two-way cable at 3/4 mbps down. Insane. Plus, because the phone lines around us are so old and noisy (and we are apparently too far from the nearest CO), we cannot get any kind of DSL. Satellite internet is way too expensive, so... I have dialup.

The point? I think that around me it is WAY overpriced.
greatfire
We pay 45 AUD a month for cable. thats 16 meg down?256 up. I think its worth it
lordwarlord
we pay around 30 euro for 1MB/s down en 100kb/s up

i think it is worth it
jynxanims
Mine sucks. Its better than dial up, but it still sucks. Part of my problem, however is my wireless router, of couse this willl slow things down a little bit. Bt the signal is still excellent. Took me 30 minutes to download a 350mb file. Thats kinda slow for what we're paying.
LostOverThere
The deal im about to get is 24mb/s down speed at $32USD a month (No extra fee's)
silverdown
I don't have a clue it works for me when i want it to I pay 1 bill so im all ok with it Laughing
djclue917
cvkien wrote:
How much is your broadband fee? mine if convert to USD, i think is around 35 dolar. and my speed is 1mb downstream and 384kb upstream. anyway, it keep having problems with it ports and sometime i cannot connect to internet for 2 months. when it come to rebate, it just rebate 80 percent of the fees. Anyway, it is more cheaper than dialup so i think it worth to have but price is a bit high. i think if the quality being improve, then i'll give it a 100% worth.

I must say that your broadband is actually pretty cheap as compared to our rates (Philippines). With 35 US Dollars, which is equivalent to 1575 Philippine Pesos (@ 1 USD:45 PhP), we only get 768 kbps of bandwidth (residential; upstream and downstream). That is basically the norm rate here in the Philippines. Moreover, this rate is only applicable here in Metro Manila. In the province, broadband is a lot more expensive. I think the same amount (35 USD or 1575 PhP) will only get as much as 512 kbps or even less.

To be honest, I kind of envy people from other countries because of their generally lower broadband rates. I feel that I want to cry when I see some screencaps of BitTorrent clients downloading at a rate of at least 200 KB/s. (well, ok, I was exaggerating. Very Happy)
djclue917
LostOverThere wrote:
The deal im about to get is 24mb/s down speed at $32USD a month (No extra fee's)

Seriously??? That is like 31.25 times faster than ours! (ok now I'm really gonna cry) Crying or Very sad
dac_nip
noobcola wrote:
Since my internet is free, I can say it is worth the money. I'm stealing my neighbor's wifi connection, but he never uses it.

you're kidding right? dude, you're a parasite! Sad
babumuchhala
The broadband scenario sucks big time here in India. If you have a fast connection you get some ridiculous data caps (2 mbps connection with 400 MB limit).

Anyways I have a 64 kbps unlimited connection (ya that's slightly better than dial up) and costs $10/month. And for the money I pay its lot worth it, only wish if it were a bit faster. Plus since its a LAN based network, we do a lot stuff via the LAN with no caps at all Very Happy