FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Tomb raider Anniversary

Jeff_vella_leone
Tomb Raider 1 Re-Made
Lot of peole like Tomb raider 1
and eidos are going to use it to make more profit
thats what i call selling to the max with a product
thet remade the grafics and the levels but they are somewhat with the same story path
lot of new movements a techniques
i cant resist to get it
Here is the link:
http://www.tombraider.com/anniversary/
ryanh2006
Hey Jeff yeah I can't wait either! Personally I am very happy that they doing this because I think that one was the best game (followed by the amazing Legends) and a remake is going to be pretty awesome. I can not wait to see what the graphics, and sounds, are going to look like on the Xbox 360, especially the T-Rexes and Raptors!
Rapt0r
Well, in my opinion, they just don't have enough imagination to make a new Tomb Raider game, or just too lazy, who knows Razz
Looks pretty nice though!

-Rapt0r
PseudoKnight
This, along with Legends, will be available on Gametap. At $9.99 a month, you can't lose. ($6.99 if you pay for the first year) Tons of great games and media available for less than the price of your average MMO. The first month is even 99 cents. If you're going for Anniversay, this is the way to get it.

I've been watching a lot of the special Tomb Raider content at gametap.com/tombraider that they've been releasing. I can't say I've been a fan in the past, but now I'm interested and look forward to playing some. So those videos have been pretty good for catching up.
mynameis
I love tomb raider! looks like its only for pc and ps2.... not on xbox 360. I'd still buy it on pc though, just hope it can run it. TR1's story was great so updated graphics and gamplay should make this game amazing!
Octaeder
PseudoKnight wrote:
This, along with Legends, will be available on Gametap. At $9.99 a month, you can't lose. ($6.99 if you pay for the first year) Tons of great games and media available for less than the price of your average MMO. The first month is even 99 cents. If you're going for Anniversay, this is the way to get it.

I've been watching a lot of the special Tomb Raider content at gametap.com/tombraider that they've been releasing. I can't say I've been a fan in the past, but now I'm interested and look forward to playing some. So those videos have been pretty good for catching up.

Do you work for Gametap or something?

You sound far too much like a salesman to be able to take you seriously
ankitjain
Hey Tomb Raider was one of my favorite all time games on PC's.

This game provide all the excitement that anybody can think of in any adventerous game. All I want is that this game should come once again to make people shocked in a very new way.

I've been watching a lot of the special Tomb Raider programs and I think this is the best time to launch this new game.
PseudoKnight
Quote:
Do you work for Gametap or something?

You sound far too much like a salesman to be able to take you seriously
You know what, I should get paid. LOL.

No, I don't work for GameTap. I'm just a little over-enthusiastic about it. I could further explain why but that'll just convince you even more that I'm some kind of underground advertiser or whatever. But you're right on one point, I'm trying to "sell" it... but only as much as any friend tries to "sell" something to another because it's [fun/cool/practical].

While I'd just prefer that you try it yourself to find if it's right for you, here's some issues I have with Gametap.

- Superfluous interface (though, i don't know if it's ever really gotten in my way... just way too fancy)
- Encrypted game content (while I understand the why, it's still annoying not to be able to have the normal file structures for numerous reasons)
- Disappearing games (a rare bug in which all your downloaded games disappear! you can redownload them, but in some cases you lose your saved games as well... needs to be fixed asap)
- Laggy music in challenge games (challenge games is an awesome feature... it's so unfortunate that I have to turn off the music to play with my friends online)

And one more cool feature of GameTap:

- You can have two active users on the same suscriber's account at the same time! This means you can share with a friend or two. While it was intentionally done this way, I'm still amazed that they did it. It's essentially $5 a month per person if you use this ability... or as low as $3.50 a month per person if you pay for a year. Nuts.

Lastly, if you look around you'll find that I also post supportively of Steam. This is because I'm a big proponent of digital distribution in general. So, anything that does this even decently is a win for me. I just love being able to download games without going to the store, not having to keep track of CDs and boxes, and having the convenience of going to anyone's house and sign into my own account there.
Jeff_vella_leone
well tomb raider 1 took off first on Play station and made a huge hit, i was one of the first playen it in my country, everything original on Playstation was so expensive.
i finished Tomb Raider 1 like 7 times sometimes just for the challange lol
The remake will surly hit too because what lacced in Tomb raider 1 was the lack of grafics and the repetitivity at the end of the game was somewhat boring, even the allways enclosed space sometimes they make u feel like ur never having something different.
hope they fixed those defects in the game in the remake
for the rest of the game it rocked
frm the trailers i saw, you can see the difference in new effects and brighter places that makes it more interesting as a whole
it shows that lot of thinking was made in the remake and im looking forward to get the game when i finish legend Smile
gorjuve
yeah I downloaded the demo... it's fabulous! It seems to be such a great game Razz
Jeff_vella_leone
btw here is the link to the demo because i forgot to post it lol
but it ain't that hard to find where to download it.
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tombraideranniversary/demo.html
looks greath
soulman
Oh, it's a great game, I still remember the first time I play tomb raider.
eLto
Oh it's great alright Very Happy

I was one of the people who LOVED Tomb Raider when it first came in 1996. I then continues playing until Tomb Raider 3. When TR4(revelations) came out, I was a bit dissapointed. Although filled with all-new feats, it just didn't do it as much as 1, 2 and 3 did for me. Then Came Chronicles. Didn't even bother to play it, as the critiques were crappy everywhere around here. So I waited till "next-gen", PS2. There came Angel of Darkness. Another HUGE dissapointment, almost made me hate the whole franchise, and I quickly sold it again. To some lousy kid who actually liked it Razz (I'm so evil Wink ) Anyhoo, Last year, I tried playing Tomb Raider Legend. Now, there's a lot of split meanings about this game, but i didn't like it. The new engine was a bit too much for my PC to handle, and so I couldn't play it properly. It actually ran better with all the next-gen content turned on, but still not good enough for me. Also, it was about as fun as Revelations was, and I ended up playing it for about 2 days.

Then I heard there was a remake coming, for ps2 and PC. I had to get it. I did, and I haven't regretted it for one second. This game is everything it's souped/hyped up to be. It's a revamped version of Tomb Raider, complete with the same locations(only more detailed, and with more stuff to do), the same enemies(animals instead of crappy AI humans), and lots of hard puzzles to navigate through. I can't emphasis enough on how much I'm in love with this game! The replay value seems to be good aswell, as there are a lot of secrets and "cheats" to unlock, aswell as new(and old) costumes for Ms. Croft to wear.

I HIGHLY recommend this game to the true Tomb Raider Fans. If you loved the first and second games, but didn't like the rest that much, This is seriously a game you should get. No doubt!
PseudoKnight
Been playing it on GameTap. It's pretty nice. The engine is well balanced and has some great character model effects. It's also one of the few games that actually supported the rumble in my gamepad.

There are a few glitches in the PC version. The save system isn't straight forward and is, I think, almost completely broken in the tutorial. But when you get into the main story you have to manually save or your progress is lost. This isn't apparent at first.

The depth of field effect looks pretty weird when the frame rate drops, too. Overall the effects are still pretty nice. My 2.5 year old mid-system plays it decently with everything but anti-aliasing on.
Tuxy
I still need to buy that game. Is it realy like the original? I would love to play that story again Very Happy
Flakky
The first Tomb Raider I played was Angel of Darkness and I liked that game so badly, so I wonder what the other TR's are since AoD appears to be the worst of all.
vaoger
this babe kill me sure..
dear lara...
i have played .. and u suck my brain n adrenaline out of me..
may be i am stupid or what.. i have to finish the game.. every version.. after the new version relased.. i hate you.. and love u at the same time..!!

Yipee!! Tomb Raider!!
Flakky
Downloaded the demo, played and can't wait to get my hands on the full version!
Keran
The latest versions of Tomb Raider are really incredible.
Tomb Raider Legend was the breakthrough game. It has broken the bad luck of earlier TR games (Except the first part of TR, which was good too).
As for Tomb Raider Anniversarry from what I've heard is also incredible, it has the feel of the very first Tomb Raider and that's what it's all about, exploring the secrets of ancient civilizations, jump through old ruins etc. I'm really looking forward to playing that game ;]
Jeff_vella_leone
Keran wrote:
The latest versions of Tomb Raider are really incredible.
Tomb Raider Legend was the breakthrough game. It has broken the bad luck of earlier TR games (Except the first part of TR, which was good too).
As for Tomb Raider Anniversarry from what I've heard is also incredible, it has the feel of the very first Tomb Raider and that's what it's all about, exploring the secrets of ancient civilizations, jump through old ruins etc. I'm really looking forward to playing that game ;]

yea i agree with you
TR1, TR2, TR3, TR5, TR7(legend) where good for me
i like them
mostly i liked was TR2 and TR3
TR1 was a hit at its time but for me it was too repetitive sometimes and allways in the dark
TR2 was better with the introduction of laras home and the story was cool too with the boats, ice bike
TR3 was quite cool with everything in it: canoo, turrets, bikes, dinos sub-motor and extended laras home ammasing secrets
Then TR4 just was too long and boring for a game
though i ended it 2 times
TR5 wasnt that special could have been better but was much better than TR4 and TR6
TR6 they fuked it all up with a suky camera movement, guided hints and lame targetting system, though the story wasnt that bad
TR7 was good but it seems they never end a story
just finished it a week ago and it doesnt end well enough
though the new weapon rocks in it
TR8 looks ammasing from the demo
TR fans will surly like it
gorjuve
tomb raider anniversary is a very good remake of the first edition in the series Tomb Raier. In my opinion Eidos have done a very good job, where the graphics and Lara's abilities are amazing. Afterall as the name says: Anniversary shows that it is a tribute for this successful game. I've got one question for anyon who might answer me... can't she use flares or some sort of light?! I can't find out how to use it if it exists afterall... i'd appreciate it if someone answers me... thx very much Very Happy
Flakky
gorjuve wrote:
tomb raider anniversary is a very good remake of the first edition in the series Tomb Raier. In my opinion Eidos have done a very good job, where the graphics and Lara's abilities are amazing. Afterall as the name says: Anniversary shows that it is a tribute for this successful game. I've got one question for anyon who might answer me... can't she use flares or some sort of light?! I can't find out how to use it if it exists afterall... i'd appreciate it if someone answers me... thx very much Very Happy
As far as I am concerned she can't but she can make handstands Wink Just the guys at Eidos and the other company have an other list of priorities Very Happy
Jeff_vella_leone
maybe they will release a patch for this
Flakky
Jeff_vella_leone wrote:
Why would they alter something like flare since it will change the whole game?
Jeff_vella_leone
Flakky wrote:
Jeff_vella_leone wrote:
Why would they alter something like flare since it will change the whole game?

well maybe the main reason y there isnt any flare is because tomb raider 1 didnt have flares
and they wanted to give the fans the feeling of tomb raider 1
well now i have the game and im currently playing it
well i really have the feeling of playen the old tomb raiders
its style its different from the tomb raider legend
its better
its more similar to the old tomb raider games style
though the camera is somewhat a little bad but improved
i think that the camera should allways face where ur heading or where u want the most attention thats y i prefair playen with the mouse sometimes

im playen it with the game pad and its well playable too though u need a bare minimum a 12 button one like what i have
Flakky
Quote:
well maybe the main reason y there isnt any flare is because tomb raider 1 didnt have flares
That is a reason why they did not but according to a couple of posts above this one, Eidos should release a patch which enables flared but my question was why?
Alie
I have been started playing Tomb Raider since the first part at Playstation. This game, together with Final Fantasy series were the best games I've ever played.
Then Tomb Raider II came up: there are so many different locations and levels! Venice opera, underwater levels, flyig islands.
Tomb Rider III was the best for me (actually lil better then second one Wink ). It's secrets are hard to find, locations are different and interesting.
But as eLto said already since the third part there was only dissapointment. Tomb Raider Legend I haven't seen at all! But I hope this remae will be hit. Twisted Evil

-------------------Added later--------------------

By the way, yesterday I've seen already Tomb raider Anniversary download links.
Someone knows the date of release this game? I'm preparing myself for shoping time Wink
Jeff_vella_leone
Flakky wrote:
Quote:
That is a reason why they did not but according to a couple of posts above this one, Eidos should release a patch which enables flared but my question was why?

i said maybe they will release a patch
there is noting sure they will do
actually i think there is no need for a flare in the game
there arent much places in the dark in the whole game
cropwell
it's nice to know there another cd coming out.

I've played tomb raider 2,3 and 5 and i love the game cause it deals with your mind, and enables you use your brain to deal with solution.
i wish they make more fighting in the game than other parts I'll love to see lara shooting more than former episode.

I'll end by saying a big hurray to the EIDOS crew.
Jeff_vella_leone
cropwell wrote:
it's nice to know there another cd coming out.

I've played tomb raider 2,3 and 5 and i love the game cause it deals with your mind, and enables you use your brain to deal with solution.
i wish they make more fighting in the game than other parts I'll love to see lara shooting more than former episode.

I'll end by saying a big hurray to the EIDOS crew.

EIDOS did a good job with their last release
im currently playen the game and its a good game for now
very similar in style to the first tomb raider but with better grafics and more abilities
blk3
Old games in new clothing is nothing new, I just hope that they add more content and changed a lot more besides new graphics. What would make a very good remake FFVII in my opinion now imagine that using todays graphics.
Flakky
blk3 wrote:
Old games in new clothing is nothing new, I just hope that they add more content and changed a lot more besides new graphics. What would make a very good remake FFVII in my opinion now imagine that using todays graphics.
There has been a lot of chances, like every level but you still get your dejavu moments of course.
Blu_Spykz
I have never liked the T.R games, they always bored me, but I was compelled, by media advertising, to buy this game.

I like it.

I am currently trying to complete it, as is everyone else who owns it I guess, but after completing it, I probably wont play it again, as it bores me to play for extended periods of time.
Jeff_vella_leone
blk3 wrote:

they did a lot of changes too
example the jumps, the graple
how to hang to walls and a lot more
pll
I played Tomb Raider on PS1 ! I spended a lot of time on these games, I played 1,2,3 and last revelation. They were all amazing !
Jeff_vella_leone
pll wrote:
I played Tomb Raider on PS1 ! I spended a lot of time on these games, I played 1,2,3 and last revelation. They were all amazing !

same here i played all the ones u played a lot except the last revelation i played it only twice in my life and i wont play it again
its ammasingly boring

iv played all the rest of the tombraiders too and im quite happy with them espacially with anniversary which is cool enough
Urban
Personally I hate all the Tomb Raider games.. I have the last one, Tomb Raider Legend and I can't see where is the fun and the action.. Sorry but shooting on a snake and on a sick monkeys don't make me enjoy a game Confused
Flakky
Urban wrote:
Personally I hate all the Tomb Raider games.. I have the last one, Tomb Raider Legend and I can't see where is the fun and the action.. Sorry but shooting on a snake and on a sick monkeys don't make me enjoy a game Confused
At least you are honest Smile
Jeff_vella_leone
Urban wrote:

well i think that you missed the main goal of tombraider, its all about using your head, like making a jigsaw puzzle(or how ever it is written) and at the same time beeing attacked. The game is all about timing and smartness, its a little old fashion but fans like it.
Nutteloos
I played Tomb Raider 4 myself and even bought a box-set (3,4,5) but couldn't bring myself to play the other two parts for more than about one level. I guess it was just too much of the same.

If the anniversary edition is simply a remake of the old one, I don't think I'll give it a try. The game is getting old after you've completed one part. (especially with the ending in part 4)
Urban
Jeff_vella_leone wrote:
Urban wrote:

well i think that you missed the main goal of tombraider, its all about using your head, like making a jigsaw puzzle(or how ever it is written) and at the same time beeing attacked. The game is all about timing and smartness, its a little old fashion but fans like it.

I have Zelda for this Razz
djcaution
I love tomb raider I, II, and legends. ALL the rest suck major a$$ though but I havent played anniversary yet. I saw it for PSP on the shelf at best buy the other day I'm really looking forward to checking it out!
Jeff_vella_leone
Nutteloos wrote:
I played Tomb Raider 4 myself and even bought a box-set (3,4,5) but couldn't bring myself to play the other two parts for more than about one level. I guess it was just too much of the same.

If the anniversary edition is simply a remake of the old one, I don't think I'll give it a try. The game is getting old after you've completed one part. (especially with the ending in part 4)

yea well i have to agree the game is getting old now
but some new moves and type of jumps in anniversary makes the remake of tomb raider 1 a totally different game, in my openion much better and worth to play.
Nutteloos
Yeah, if I recall you couldn't climb walls or monkey-swing from ceilings there (and perhaps some more moves) but doesn't that just make all four/five games even more similar than they were before?
Jeff_vella_leone
Nutteloos wrote:
Yeah, if I recall you couldn't climb walls or monkey-swing from ceilings there (and perhaps some more moves) but doesn't that just make all four/five games even more similar than they were before?

well one have to study well the history of tomb raider games to know whats going on
from tomb raider 1 to tob raider 3 the games where pretty much liked then from tomb raider 4 onwards it was all downhill, its seemsthat the magiority of the fans wanted to play the old tomb raider not the new ones with new modifications etc so they tried to make the remake of tomb raider 1 which proved to be a whole success for the fans and for new pppl playen the game.
yet when 1 compairs it with newer games, erm yes the game seems a little boring compaired to other games mostly because the gaming preference of most player changed over the years. Nowadays players want more action games, more speed, new things. I beleave those are the main characteristics of a new good game nowadays. Tomb raider was a slow type of game and before it was liked much more mainly for this reason.
Hope you understood what im tryen to say.
Nutteloos
I'm just saying wouldn't all the 'puzzles' from the first few games look very much similar to eachother if they share the exact same graphics and game mechanics?

I loved playing the 4th since it was my first Tomb Raider game but when I tried the 5th I couldn't bring myself to play more than three levels. With the 3rd it was even worse.