FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Pirates 3 Reviews

Guyon
Spiderbri subbing in for the vacationing Guyon.

So what did you all think of Pirates 3?

I saw it this weekend (no spoilers) and I enjoyed it. I feel it was better than the 2nd by a fair bit but still not as good as the first. Overall it is a decent trilogy. #3 had good action and special effects (though it didn't seem to have as much action as the trailer before Spidey 3 implied it would) and i have to say a lot of the "twists and turns" were a bit unnecessary really. But overall I was satisfied with it. Far more than I was with Spidey 3, ugh that just sucked. lol. But i'm a spidey fan and the changes/campyness was just to big to ignore this time around.

Thoughts?
Coclus
I did not like the third one: It was way too long and too pointless. I mean come on, a lady blows up like a giant balloon, and then explodes into crabs, which then cause a storm and a maelstrom!?!? Well some parts were funny, but it was the worst of the three.
gtherockgod
Coclus wrote:
I did not like the third one: It was way too long and too pointless. I mean come on, a lady blows up like a giant balloon, and then explodes into crabs, which then cause a storm and a maelstrom!?!? Well some parts were funny, but it was the worst of the three.

I agree- the whole Calypso plotline was a little too pronounced to have such a small effect. Come on- a storm? I understand the atmosphere that's supposed to set up, but There could have been a storm without that entire plotline. The final battle scene was confusing as hell too, it was almost impossible to tell who was where.
Guyon
While I loved Pirates of the Caribbean at Worlds End, I agree that the whole Calypso ended in a puff of smoke. But the build up to that puff was very good! The whole idea of her being bound in a human form perfectly explains why she knew so much in Pirates of the Caribbean 2. I love how they pulled all of that together.

While it may be the last voyage I am hopping that we find a Pirates of the Caribbean 4 on the horizon sometime soon.