FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to increase your Page Rank?

AOP Web Development
Hello to all! i just like to know how to increase your page rank of your website... which you see it if you have the google toolbar? Is it really important the page rank?
k_s_baskar
Page Rank = No. of Sites linking to your site

for example home page of PR6 website is having one and only outlink to your new site then your site will be automatically crawled by google bot. and you will also get ranking in google.

Google Page is calculated using a diffcult arithmatic formula. If you need to get High PageRank then simply get links from PR3 or PR4 sites then your Site page rank will automatically increase.

So page rank is nothing but vote casted by othersite to your site.

Smile
freelanceCMS
I see that your link building. There are many great resources on the internet for this, all including the most helpful ways to gain links and reciprocals.
May i first suggest that you ask anyone, without bugging them profusely, if they will link to your page, as always reciprocal links are proven.

Upon writing this article, i found a few great resources in which i would like to share with you. The best resource indeed is as follows:
[url]
http://www.seobook.com/archives/001792.shtml[/url] - this is the 101 Ways to Build Link Popularity and Ultimately rise in terms of page ranks

Hope this is helpful
alalex
people here in frihost usually ask everyone in the marketplace to link to them, or to post comments in their sites, or to suscribe to their feed...
And they give $frihs in exchange. it is a good way to get some traffic in your site obviously
seoz87
Try to get as many backlinks as possible.

But more important is considering that those backlinks are related to your site theme or topic.

Wish You Good Luck!
dharmesh
AOP Web Development wrote:
Hello to all! i just like to know how to increase your page rank of your website... which you see it if you have the google toolbar? Is it really important the page rank?

include sitemap in your root directory.
AOP Web Development
dharmesh wrote:
AOP Web Development wrote:

include sitemap in your root directory.

what do you mean by including the sitemap into the directory? you mean i will put all the links of my pages so that it can easily be seen by the crawl?
ronaldallan.mojica
on creating a site map , try to look at this.. http://ronaldmojica.com/sitemap.html and then to earn backlinks send your site to directories... that's it.. hehehe your a filipino right.

goodluck to your Search Engine Optimization Adventure
georgekalathil
while getting backlinks for your site, make sure that those sites are of good quality in terms of page rank and popularity..
the-guide
If someone links to you out of kindness, feel free to link back to them out of gratitude. Don't be afraid of reciprocation. The link to you won't be devalued and it's not going to hurt you one bit. Just be sure you're adding value, not reciprocating for the sake of reciprocating.
takashiro
I think that's just related to the links to your site. Very Happy
the-guide
That's right takashiro, however it's not alway necessary to all of your links back. Very Happy
metalfreek
The best way to increase pagerank is to built backlinks as much as you can. All backlinks must be dofollow to make those links effective for pagerank value.

You can start by blog comments and forum signature links.
Robert_Redbeard
It is realated to many factors.

One of those being backlinks to your site. If the site has a good PR then it is a better backlink.

Other factors include:

Content
Content Readability
Keyword Density
Proper use of Title and Header tags.
Making sure your keywords are in your links and the link's title attribute
How well your content interlinks
Much more

The main points are to make sure you have relevent content for your target keywords, good but not over saturated keyword density(about 3 to 4 times in a page), keywords in page title, keywords in headings, keywords in page discription and Quality Backlinks.

There are other ways too. Like tooting your own horn on a Blogger account or linking to your content in a comment in a relavent area. Some of this could be considered BlackHat stuff though. But it will work given time.

Another thing I have heard but not tested is that it is easier to get ranked on MSN and Yahoo. They both index faster and more often. And other search engines use how you rank there as a bench mark. Let's not forget open directories. If you have good content the backlinks from there can be good for you. Plus they will generate traffic too.
austinpil
To increase PR get backlinks (dofollow) form actual PR pages, i have a site which is PR3 with just 4 backlinks.
andro_king
more backlinks will increase your page rank.. its directly links with you pages backlinks.. if you have more backlinks then you will have more traffic if high traffic.. you will get your website rank increased.. page rank is just a batch identity from google..
anoopsh00
Just increase number of quality backlinks to your site because PR is always depend on back links of your site.
nepalstar
To increase Page Rank we need a backlink from reputed websites to our own. Backlinks should be worthy that means that backlinks should be from Government sites, Educational sites and other High PR web sites, which will help to increase page rank. So we try to get banklinks from high PR sites. It's much better to get backlinks from home page than other pages. SO guys try to get these kind of backlinks to your site.
futurcat
nepalstar wrote:
To increase Page Rank we need a backlink from reputed websites to our own. Backlinks should be worthy that means that backlinks should be from Government sites, Educational sites and other High PR web sites, which will help to increase page rank. So we try to get banklinks from high PR sites. It's much better to get backlinks from home page than other pages. SO guys try to get these kind of backlinks to your site.

That one you get it with good content and wonderful PR.
mukesh
first to design a standard website and good quality content must be add then page rank can growth.
futurcat
3 secrets
Content, content and content. Other things help too if you have these 3.
rajaesco
If someone links to you out of kindness, feel free to link back to them out of gratitude.
futurcat
Yes, referencing urls of other content related to yours is very useful
futurcat
Yes, article writing is the must important. The rest help bijou not sufficient without that one.
fileb0x
I think that its a matter of building a site with enough targeted content. Then just simply advertising. Link your sight anywhere you can and let everyone know that it is there. As more and more people start to become aware of your site you'll build a higher rate of traffic.

From there the approach is optimizing what you currently have built, to make it more desirable for any particular visitor. A decent idea for generating income could be a webstore where visitors could purchase product related or unrelated to your site. You in turn make a commission off the sale.

As far as SEO. I think traffic will come with enough content, advertising, and through the optimization of your webspace. Remembering that the common trend with Google Adsense is that you will receive more 'page views' in your rankings, then 'clicks' which return a higher payout.
futurcat
fileb0x wrote:
I think that its a matter of building a site with enough targeted content. Then just simply advertising. Link your sight anywhere you can and let everyone know that it is there. As more and more people start to become aware of your site you'll build a higher rate of traffic.

From there the approach is optimizing what you currently have built, to make it more desirable for any particular visitor. A decent idea for generating income could be a webstore where visitors could purchase product related or unrelated to your site. You in turn make a commission off the sale.

As far as SEO. I think traffic will come with enough content, advertising, and through the optimization of your webspace. [/list]

Also, publish some of your better content in other ways, like a video in Youtube, adoc in scribd or in those webs to share PowerPoint presentations online. Of course, when doing that, refer top your Web site.
tamilparks
i also learned some new tips thanks for the tips
andro_king
tamilparks wrote:
i also learned some new tips thanks for the tips

tamilan eh..?
ankitdatashn
matricresult wrote:
Do Some High PR

Article writting
Book marking
Press Release
Forum posting
Blog commenting

Thanks, That's some great piece of suggestion!
martinsherman
You can use SEO tools like keyword analyzer, Meta Data, tagging etc which immensely increases the page ranking.

Create Unique keywords, and ensure that you do not repeat the words too many times just to increase the keyword nos. SE robots n spiders consider it equivalent to spamming.

best way is to get your website refereed by websites which have good page ranking. Robots then assume that your website is also good, as the same have been refereed by reputed websites

if your using Firefox, you will get many SEO tools as addons, which can be used for instant analysis of yours and other pages. If you are not using firefox, then switch to it.
dolfinchris
You must try to get quality back-links for your website that is first priority of Google while deciding PR of website.
raaeft1
It is a very gradual process. In simple layman's language, one must ensure that the site has variety of content;one must visit google web tools/analytics regularly for problems/tips, give meta descriptions and keywords/tags.One must also update sitemaps regularly. Sooner or later, the search engines, especially Google, will index your site and the page would start getting ranked.
isonia084
hello every one...........
nice question ..................
well.............
if you want to betterment of your page ranking then you should must increase traffic on your web sit which is possible with the help of key words.and and i think To increase Page Rank we need a backlink from reputed websites to our own. Backlinks should be worthy that means that backlinks should be from Government sites, Educational sites and other High PR web sites, which will help to increase page rank. So we try to get banklinks from high PR site.
duytam28
martinsherman wrote:
You can use SEO tools like keyword analyzer, Meta Data, tagging etc which immensely increases the page ranking.

Create Unique keywords, and ensure that you do not repeat the words too many times just to increase the keyword nos. SE robots n spiders consider it equivalent to spamming.

best way is to get your website refereed by websites which have good page ranking. Robots then assume that your website is also good, as the same have been refereed by reputed websites

if your using Firefox, you will get many SEO tools as addons, which can be used for instant analysis of yours and other pages. If you are not using firefox, then switch to it.

Google page rank is an elusive term that most bloggers don't completely understand. In fact, there are probably few people in the world who completely understand it, because Google keeps the secrets of its page rank algorithm very guarded. Boosting your Google page rank isn't something you can do in a day. If it were, everyone would have a Google Page Rank of 10. Keep reading to learn a few of the tricks to increase your blog's Google page rank that are fairly easy to implement over time.
deanhills
Creating genuine traffic with genuine content that is updated regularly. Also great to "lure" your visitors with special offers that are related to the content of the Website. For example if the Website is about information about a service, prepare some of the details by way of a summary in a PDF downloadable document.