FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

put video on digital cam

oleszka
my digital cam makes pics (jpg) and video (mpg) but is it possible to make video on computer in mpg format and then to put on cam to play it.?
crdowner
If I understand your question, the answer depends on the camera. I have a digital camera that simply uses a USB connection to transfer files between the camera and my computer. If your camera works like this you should be able to transfer a movie from your PC to your digital camera. If the file format is compatible with your camera, you should be able to play the movie.

Some cameras use proprietary software to transfer files between the camera and PC. In these cases you probably will not be able to transfer a movie from your PC to your camera.
Bones
You 'should' be able to just drag and drop the file through Windows Explorer (provided your cam supports this interface).

If you are having trouble with the video specs and compatibility, you might want to create a video with your camera, then use a program like G-Spot to get the video information so that you can encode your videos with a similar bitrate and audio codec.
oleszka
I can to transfer any file to my cam from computer... but problem is if this file would be played...even if my cam makes mpg file so if i do mpg file on computer and put it into cam it will not play...
i have cam actually for taking photo (and small video) it's Sony DSC-P100

so may be this (G-Spot) will help to create right video for cam... i'll try