FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Garry's Mod

kingtendo
Hey, for all those who have garrys mod out there (if anyone owns it :p) i'm thinking of renting a Garry's mod server from gservers.nl for 6 months (1 free).

I'm asking if anyone recommends this hosting site or they recommend another?

Thanks Smile
andy26
hey i dont know much about these renting servers as i host my own server iv made a really cool gmod build map if you want it for free you can pm me and i will send you a link. or if you join my forum i will send you it right away and if your a member of the forum you can get free access to my gmod privert server which is hosted on saturdays. (dont worry im not an annoying admin on the server iver anything goes)

forum link: http://www.andysserver.frih.net/forum/index.php
kingtendo
Quote:
hey i dont know much about these renting servers as i host my own server iv made a really cool gmod build map if you want it for free you can pm me and i will send you a link. or if you join my forum i will send you it right away and if your a member of the forum you can get free access to my gmod privert server which is hosted on saturdays. (dont worry im not an annoying admin on the server iver anything goes)

Ok m8 i will join your forums and would like to see what your map looks like Very Happy . I will probably order a server today and you are welcome to come on and maybe be a higher group or a clan member :p .

The server name will be Superior Builder society (sbs) | Gservers.nl or something like that and when the server is up i will alert everyone on this post Razz
Kitten Kong
Mod that costs money, for shame. I care not how good it is.
kingtendo
It is in fact hardly a mod, it has been developed massively over the last year into it's final version - Garry's mod 10. Which you can purchase off Steam for $10, and don't get put off the price it is updated alot and is DEFINITELY worth the money, if you ask anyone who has it they would say the same.

Anyway it is basically a fully customizable mod with loads of different gamemodes that are all fun and have been developed by amazing lua coders, the whole game is powered by lua. The main gamemode is "Sandbox" which is basically a Physics sandbox, where you can spawn props from any game or props from a model pack and from a selection of 500+ tools (around 40 come with the game, you can download extra ones that don'y affect the game which just make it funner off the forums and main site) and do anything with them from constraining them with different constraints, and adding all destruction tools like turrets and dynamite. You can basically make Anything, even a whole city, cars, traps, bombs, wired target finders. Anyway it is way to vast to explain, especially the other gamemodes, There are like 10 other ones which are just as good as the original sandbox.

Site - www.garrysmod.com
Downloads - www.garrysmod.org
Forums - forums.facepunchstudios.com

Hope you enjoyed finding out about it if you actually read it Razz
m-productions
I myself have thought about messing around with garrysmod, when they should a demo of someone making a nuke system, and had all the physics and particles set up for it... that just blew my mind... dont have the time right now, but i may give it a go someday.
Osmodius
Kitten Kong wrote:

Agreed, if people had to buy Half-life and CS, a lot fewer people would've played CS. Garry's Mod is something you can play around with, but it's not the kind of game you can play hours on end.

Hostile Intent, on the other hand, I would gladly pay for ^_^
reddishblue
Kitten Kong wrote:

Well, Counterstrike is a mod but a lot of people buy it, and its grown so much that it pretty much is a full game using the same source code.
I think we should support mods so great things can happen with them, but they shouldn't be too expensive.
kingtendo
Osmodius wrote:
Kitten Kong wrote:

Agreed, if people had to buy Half-life and CS, a lot fewer people would've played CS. Garry's Mod is something you can play around with, but it's not the kind of game you can play hours on end.

Hostile Intent, on the other hand, I would gladly pay for ^_^

Well, have you got garrysmod? If you have then ignore my next sentence or few.

If you don't have it then how can you say that? In my opinion its better than cstrike and dod:s in alot of ways as you can basically even play cstrike and dod:s in gmod. Also the zombie survival in Gmod is alot better than the cstrike one By FAR. It is even worth getting the game just for zombie survival if you are a Cstrike Zombie survival Lover.

It also has many other gamemodes than can keep you entertained for hours and hours and hours. So don't give me this "It won't keep you entertained for long" bullshit. I have in fact played this game for months and still am not bored.

I have made my point i think
nolag
hey i play and host gmod servers, I can do it for about 10$ a year. Its pritty cheap. I host the NOLAG server.You should come on that, lots of people go on it, We currently have a nuclear testing week on. What we do is build bomb shelters and see if they can withstand the blast.Its pritty insane. We currently have no fixed ip but if u look , you cant miss it. It is called
NOLAG................................................................................
We are also getting up a website, thats why i am coming to this place and on the website , we will have prizes contructions of the week,(that kind of stuff.) Smile
Holy
There's also a "Garry's Mod" type thing for BattleField 2. It's called Sandbox. There's also one called Camobox but Sandbox is a bit more... better. Sandbox was created by The Sir Community. Sir. Elxx and Bobcat head up The Sir Community website. They are also very big for there ability at making game movies. Check them out at http://sircommunity.com/.