FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Task Switch Powertoy, Enhance Your Alt+tab Key Combination!

niranvv
Hi all,

Many of us will use Alt+Tab key combination to switch betwwn all those opened windows! But it may be confusing if there are same types of program windows opened already!( I mean more than one instances )

Microsoft became aware of this draw-back after releasing the XP operating system and subsequently released a "Power Toy" named: Task Switcher (Alt-Tab Replacement) to resolve this issue. The Power Toy resolves this issue by replacing the program icons with actual screenshots of your open windows. This way you can easily locate the window you wish to switch to, that is immensely useful for eg: when navigating between several notepad windows at one time.

Here is the screenshot of the key combination Alt+Tab after installing the power toy!

Here are the instructions to install:

• Copy http://download.microsoft.com/download/whi...wertoySetup.exe to browser
  • Choose "Run" from pop-up dialog box
  • Choose "Run" a second time, this will kick-off the installation of the Power Toy
  • Once you get the "Installation Complete" dialog, the toy is successfully installed. No need to reboot your PC.

You can get Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloa...ppowertoys.mspx

Luv,
Niran

Wink
crdowner
Nice post. I have been using this Powertoy for quite some time. It does make it easier when switching between lots of program windows especially when the windows are from the same program/application.
fiendskull9
sounds like ms trying to stab back at apples new approach to things

this should be more like "After apple released MacOSX 10.2, Microsoft quickly released an Alt+Tab replacement to try and rival apple"

oh well

looks good!
otiscom
I've found it good to use.

Especialy with a load of say different word files open, being able to see them makes it easier.