FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Avoid Accidental Caps Lock Key Hitting

niranvv
Hi all....

All of you may came across the issue! While typing some sentence, you may press CapsLock button instead of pressing those nearby buttons like , Q or A or Z or Shift or TAB!! ( Its happened so many times for me Razz )
So without realizing that mistake we may continue typing! After checking the sCREEN ( hehe Wink its not my mistake Razz) oops, screen only we will realize that. So we have to retype the whole sentence/word!
So we need to have some indicator while pressing that CapsLock key!! This small Trick will help you to avoid those accidentaial pressing of the CapsLock Key!!

the first thing you'll need to do is get the computer to beep when you hit the caps lock key. here's how:

• click the Start button, Settings, Control Panel (Windows XP Users, hit the Start button, Control Panel).
  • Open select the Accessibility Options Icon ( the 1st one)
  • on the Keyboard tab, click the "Use toggle keys" checkbox.

Next, we need to get your screen to flash you, uh, flash at you.

Here's how:

• from the Accessibility Options screen, click the Sound tab and check the "Use soundsentry" checkbox.
  • next click the settings button and select "flash active window" from the "warning for windowed programs" drop down box.

that's it.

hit OK until you're clear of property and settings screens. open your favorite program and hit your caps lock key.

Post your comments here FrIenDs!! :rolleyes:

Luv,

Niru
Dalv87
That used to really annoy me, but now I can touch-type, so I'd see it unless it's a password field. Nice though.
{name here}
Oddly, I never have problems with the caps lock. It's the tab key since I'm used to using it to tab in and in browsers I can't do that in fields.
qebab
My caps lock serves as another Ctrl key, so I naturally don't have this problem. Smile
qscomputing
I type strangely, using Caps Lock to get capitals quite frequently (I actually find it faster than using Shift for the way I type for some reason). So I don't generally have this problem because I'm used to aiming for both Caps Lock and A. (Yes I do touch-type, but in a slightly wierd way.)
internetjobs
is this a problem?
qscomputing
Not if you read the screen while you type. Once you learn the keymapping for your keyboard, it is the easiest way to type because you can read what you are writing as you write it, and therefore pick up mistakes quickly. Being able to touch-type is also useful if you ever have to use a foreign computer; you can just change the keymapping to your preferred one and continue to touch-type as normal, ignoring the foreign key labels.
ssthanapati
well i never had problem with caps lock, nor with shift or tab for that matter Cool
falconfx
I already knew this method, but I never used it since I know what key to press when I write Wink

And even if you don't correctly write a word, you can delete and retype it: let's not be lazy Very Happy

Nevertheless it's good to learn new things.

Bye!
xorcist
I always have this problem hitting the CAPS Lock key but I don't retype the word or anything most of the times I am typing in Microsoft Word and it automatically fixes the word for me.
corey
I had never thought about doing this. Its definitely another way to do it. I still like mapping the button to another, like shift. Then its not a toggle key.
andy26
i always get this problem then a few weeks back i was just going through my settings and i found it it was doing my head in because people thought i was messaging them in an angry tone so finding this really saved my butt in the end lol another thing i really cant stand is sticky keys when your in a game and press shift 5 times or keep hold of it sticky keys menu comes up it was really doing my head in aswel for a long time, till i thought about trying to disable it.