FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help with Flash!!!

jon724
I am using Flash Pro 8 and i want to use the login example that came with it to create a login for my site. It connects to a server-side script to verify the information and grant access. I want to change the username and password but i'm not sure how because when i went to the server-side scripts page it just displayed "isValidLogin=0" as you can see for yourself --http://www.flash-mx.com/mm/login.cfm--. I save the page in hopeing to encounter some scripts but no such luck. Is there anything im missing or is there another way to access the server-side script? I need to save the script, edit it, and save it to my websites server. Please help!! Confused
infobankr
Hi jon724,

Flash can make requests to the server, but it won't do anything on the server is self. Flash is a client-side technology, in this context that means it runs on the browser.

It looks like you are using coldfusion. That is what you'll need to investigate. ColdFusion will have the capabilities to update the password on the server.

Good luck!
krazy
yep, i also use flash, i use macromedia flash mx 2004, and i find it quite confusing i bought it especially for my horse game as part of it was going to be in flash and part in PHP and mySQL it cost me an arm and a leg to buy it, so i will have to learn to use it as i really don't want all that money down the drain,
hiquality
Here's how you do it.

You need PHP and MySQL Installed on the server

Add your account to the mySQL Database (as fields of a table called adminSection for example)
Use php to communicate from Flash to MySQL.

Query the MySQL Database (using php) for the username and password provided from flash

SELECT * from adminSection where username='[usernameFromFlash]' and pass='[passFromFlash]'.

If numrows of this querry returns 1 then you should autentify the user as admin and let him perform admin tasks.
Also you should use cookies and Browser's Sessions Id's to
Hope this helps or gives you some ideeas..All you have to do is ask or search more Smile
seadoo14
I like flash mx, I frequently design websites with it. It's very productive software.