FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

software of the future

oleszka
now we have thousands of software: for graphic, video, internet, programming, mobile and so on. but what software you want to see in the future. i think about program what can convert books to movie or vice versa. Not sure that it's possible but who knows what can happen...
silverdown
What about a machine/software that can turn prisoners smaller for better prison capacity:D We can always make smaller jails cells. That idea is good actually THEY CAN PURCHASE RIGHTs OF THE IDEA from me! Laughing
SonLight
How about scientific research on every toaster in the world through bluetooth/wifi/etc networking? If you like the idea, you can try it now using Boinc -- but don't bring your toaster, or even your wii -- only "regular" computers work at ;present.
dinael
oleszka wrote:
i think about program what can convert books to movie or vice versa. Not sure that it's possible but who knows what can happen...

That is way over possibilities of closer future, but who knows, anything could happen. So far I'd be satisfied with something simpler, like books to sound, so you could hear your favorite actor or someone who has nice voice, reading the book you borrowed. There would be possibilities to choose over languages, and voices of actors.
And I'm still waiting for voice to text software so that I don't have to type all those words, but say it instead. That would be nice.
OS Master
I think talking to your computer would be cool. Just say "check my e-mail" and your computer would show you your latest e-mail messages. That would increase productivity.
TerrorBite
OS Master wrote:
I think talking to your computer would be cool. Just say "check my e-mail" and your computer would show you your latest e-mail messages. That would increase productivity.

They already have that, it comes built into Microsoft Office. All you have to do is turn it on.

How about... a program that could automaticaly compose music. It would most likely have to use some variety of AI to get it right, but it would be interesting to see what it came up with.
nhuabo
The future of software is promising,nobody knows what it will be.
All we can do is wait and see.
I am a student form computer technology,I can program myself which I think is exciting .
My dream is to be a success software designer,may it come true soon...
why6487
I wish if I were to say to the computer "Run something.exe" or "Open something.abc" or "Open the file something" or "Run the file something", that could save time.
imagefree
may be software will be introduced that may be called THINKWARE ( Very Happy ), think something and it will be done.
Hows that!!!!

ANything may happen, we are at the place that we cannot predict about our fastly changing future.

Just see where you are!! and then imagine, had there not been last 100 years, where you would have been!!

But the software i said is more probable to come. (it is something more than artificial intellegance)
greatfire
nhuabo wrote:
The future of software is promising,nobody knows what it will be.
All we can do is wait and see.
I am a student form computer technology,I can program myself which I think is exciting .
My dream is to be a success software designer,may it come true soon...

that technology has been around and working fine for over ten years now. Also most other i dea such as books to movies i have read on this board are not possible
SonLight
greatfire wrote:
Also most other i dea such as books to movies i have read on this board are not possible

Book to movie is a genuinely hard task. I doubt it will be fully automated in the next century or two, but it is hardly impossible. An interactive approach where the screenplay writer lets the program make some selections for the next scene with guidance could be done within the next few years.

Computer music generation is something they said couldn't be done, too. Although much music has been authored by computer, I don't know that any of it is high quality. Maybe music is a good argument for the "it's impossible" position!
welshsteve
Music generation is a definite possibility I think. I can see some software having something along the lines of the following.

1. You have an idea in your head, so you hum or whistle at your computer.

2. The software then interprets what you have done, digitises it, and offers you various instrumental sounds along with notation and tab (for guitarists etc).

This is a definte possibility I think.